End of Empire & progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyuri, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Tucoh Augur

Note that the Kar'Zok have three abilities.
    https://ros.eqresource.com/akarzokgraverobber.php

Two are conal (gust of atrebe, gale of atrebe) one is AE (aura of the Kar'Zok). EoK progression gives you immunity to Gust of Atrebe and Aura of the Kar`Zok.

So even if you keep the mob pointed the mob away from your non-EotD members, they can still get hit with the aura if they aren't 150 meters away from the person getting hit with Aura of the Kar'Zok.

Like you say, it's doable, but only technically so. The non-EotD members of your group will probably get hit by gust/gale on pull, and keeping multiple kar'zok pointed away from them is pretty tough.
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it's not only "technically" do able... it's easily doable. yes, it's tough on those that dont' have the blocker... but if you're coming back to enjoy current content with friends then a couple of things apply:
    1- you're likely the only one in the group who doesn't have the blocker, making it easier to maneuver and have only YOU avoid the frontal cone effects
    2- you're likely undergeared / aa'd anyways. so the expectation is that you'll be less of a contributor... going OOM after a couple of mobs would probably happen anyways even without the green sarnak(especially if you got 110 without any current gear).

if you're not the only one missing the blocker... then hey guess what, you found your partner for progression! again, stop whining! the amount of effort that goes into crying about this could have easily seen people fully progressed and having fun by now.
  3. clohie1234 New Member

Mehdisin Mahn,

First, You started off saying molo it, which you can't if you're a returning player. So that's not going to work. Plus if you're a returning player, count up all the hours you would have to put in to regain plat to buy good gear, or the amount of progression you would have to molo in order to tank EoK type mobs? That's a ton of hours for a returning player - aka a bottleneck in order to feel/be relevant again.

Second, The only people going back and doing EoK progression, are alts and returning players. So you either get lucky and find someone who can basically carry you through it, or two do step 1.

Which means you're not being integrated back into the game, to retain said players for a longer period of time.

I'm sorry, the Kar`Zok mobs are useless in the game, provide NO real challenge other than to enforce people going back to the previous expansion, to do progression, literally that's it.
  4. clohie1234 New Member

Sorry vacation break, I'm playing catch up on the forums to your post.

Suck it up. Great argument you have. OR we could discuss a way to avoid doing an entire expansions progression to avoid one type of mob. Lets focus on actually resolving an issue (clearly it is, or people wouldn't be here posting about it) they could make the mission not tied to progression to protect against the Kar`Zok, and returning players could do it, and play with RL friends in RoS, then go back and play "catch up" when there's downtime.

Avoid the AoE - Yeah play a tank type class, good luck avoiding it.

too F'N Lazy to do progression? I've finished the progression now, what i'm saying is the bottleneck is stupid, and should be changed. Just because we've done it, doesn't mean it should be that way forever.

If you think that way, log off the computer, get rid of your cell phone and turn off your electricity / running water, because your ancestors didn't have it, therefore that shouldn't change. Yeah see, equally dumb argument.

To legitimately progress through TDS/TBM/EOK, you could easily put in 100 hours moloing stuff. If you're raid geared out, yeah you could do it in a few days. Last time I checked though, most players returning aren't EoK / RoS geared, or raid geared to tank current stuff.

So, actual solution to the problem? Remove the pre-reqs to the kar`zok mission, and let people still run around farming the materials to do the combine / collect. They'll still see the expansion, but you wont' have returning players doing an entire expansions progression to get 1 task.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I was on the "it'll be fine, let people do progression" boat, but I just finished running 4 boxes through EoK progression from start to finish and have totally changed my mind. I did all the work post-RoS release and these zones are so thoroughly dead that I think it'd be like pulling teeth to get buddies out there to help you through the tough parts.

My opinion matches Clohie1234's: Remove the pre-reqs to the Lab of Kor'Sha mission. You don't even hear about the Kar'Zok until those few missions. Let new folks roll in, do a couple missions related to the Kar'Zok, and get their immunity.
    Thrillho, Yinla, svann and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That would probably be the easiest way to solve the problem, seen from DBG's perspective. No need for new quests to be made, or mobs to be adjusted.
    Seen from a continuation/lore-perspective I would probably still require players to do korsha-lab partisan#1 before being allowed to do the "methods of sanark destruction" quest
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Symbius Augur

They could've easily done this whole thing the way they did VoA to RoF Alaran language requirements.

Instead of having to do all the VoA stuff to get the language skill, they simply added a starter quest in Shard's Landing that provided someone teaching the language to max.

Incorporating this into an OT or Skyfire quest should've been the simple way to alleviate having to go back and do a full expansions progression in order to suvive the handful of mobs in RoS that needs it.
    svann likes this.
  8. Viper1 Augur

Progression in this game is boring, tedious and just plain not fun. I am not surprised that many people dislike/skip it. The quest design of everQUEST really leaves a lot to be desired.