End all XP bonus days

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lejaun, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Captain Video Augur

But yes you are. You ignore the fact that 75% of the EQ player base isn't on any of the TLPs, they're on the live servers. They look forward to the bonus XP periods as well. For the most part they collectively *LOL* at all the nonsense on these TLP forums. The world of EQ does not revolve around you or any one server, sorry.

I have managed to play a fair amount on Aradune without difficulty. Of course I am retired and can afford to play in the mornings when it isn't nearly as contested. I also play on a live server, and when there are short-term issues with a TLP server, I have an alternative. You can easily do the same, if you choose. The bottom line is, what you're asking for will never ever happen. Suggestions are welcome, but at least make them realistic enough to take the entire EQ community into consideration.
    Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

What I suggested did take the entier EQ community into consideration, not just the retired people who can log in and play whenever they want. What I suggested gives everyone a chance to enjoy the same XP bonus regardless of whether they able to log in today or have to wait until next week.
    Dexxeaa and Arog like this.
  3. Arog Augur

Why is this still happening. The server is over a month old and we all have been more than patient but yet again I come home from work and just now try to log on to play for an hour or two before bed and work again tomorrow but I can't because of the same old BS. How long do we have to wait before we can enjoy a classic server experience, POP or GOD? Not exactly classic by then is it. I know I can't be the only one mad about this.
    Lejaun likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

They should make 3 month unlock TLPs start with a 75% xp and spawn rate penalty that drops by 1% every day and repeat that for each expansion. Would spread out the population!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not that big of a deal if you miss some bonus exp. This is not the only time this year bonus exp will be offered. Nothing needs to be changed to make it "fair" to all servers/players.

If everyone got what they wanted in the game they would still want something different cause someone else got what they wanted which was different than what you wanted.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

As somebody that tends to ping pong back and forth between live and TLP, can 100% confirm this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No, it isn't obvious, he makes no mention of which server it was he refers to, that is the very essence of a vague post where he is asking everyone to assume something rather than give a straightforward reference to the exact problem he is even complaining about.

I didn't say end all xp bonus days, he did.

He suggested a potion as a replacement, I said that was not the best way & an AA system would be far better (which I have suggested on a prior post about bonus day XP complaints), but should any change like this be made it will be done by Darkpaw, we can make suggestions but the reasoning for them existing is the encourage people to log in during those specific times and so the AA system idea would likely have a time-limit shorter than the one I proposed but that's up to Darkpaw to decide should they ever use that idea.

So I wasn't selfish at all, I actually offered a solution that addresses his complaint & which prevents stockpiling of xp potions from his idea.

Understandable, but that's a Darkpaw problem to solve, not a you problem to solve.
    Make the suggestions you feel like making, but at least have the humility to accept that other players will also offer suggestions & they will not always agree with you or the suggestion you like most.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay, they tried to make it better & in the process it was something that required taking the server down, they gave a heads up about this & problems persist.

Sometimes you try to solve a problem & you may not know the exact cause of it, so you try multiple best guess fixes to try & eliminate what it "could be", it's the least preferred option but sometimes it is necessary. Evidently that may be what is being attempted here.

Instead of pouring cold water on the effort try to be happy they are at least making efforts to fix a problem.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm active on the forums a lot actually, but your post requires a lot of assumptions be made due to how vague it is and you think everyone should know exactly what you are banging on about without you needing to be specific about what your complaint is.

I hate vague.

You are essentially saying that you are unhappy about them trying to fix a problem, this is the most backwards way of looking at the situation there is. Okay so the attempt to fix the problem may not have worked, did you even consider that they DON'T KNOW what is causing the problem and so they are trying to fix what they think it MIGHT BE - so several things might get tried that don't actually work but at least they are trying to fix it?

The guesswork approach is the least preferred option in tech, it's expensive, it often doesn't work, it often requires multiple attempted fixes & multiple periods of inconveniencing customers, but sometimes it's all you have, the last option, but at least they are doing something, they are making the effort & here you come with some utterly ridiculous thread title & a vague complaint that asks for a lot of assumptions on what you are even griping about.

Thread title & first lines of your rant say exactly that, so yes that's how you started off, 100% selfish.

Yes, I read & understood everything, I then dissented with each part of your post in turn, I couldn't have done that without reading it so you thinking I didn't is odd to say the least.

And I suggested an alternative which doesn't allow players to stockpile potions, and gave you a reason why.

Then why not start your post with a suggestion of how to change it instead of beginning with wanting to remove something most players enjoy?

Ordering your thoughts prior to posting instead of posting in an angry & combative frame of mind works better.

This is not a "very real problem", it is just FOMO. Very angry FOMO at that.

As I said before, you did start off selfish, selfish post title, selfish initial part of your post, you began selfishly & then offered something alternative only after that, your ordering of suggestions belies your mindset no matter how much you try to justify your thinking.

If you don't want to appear selfish offer the idea without the selfish preposition in front of it, learn a better argument style than the one used here. Beginning your suggestion by taking something away is a poor argument strategy.
  10. Lejaun Augur

So vague that people knew exactly what I was talking about. And those that didn't have an opportunity to ask for clarification.

Incorrect. I am unhappy at this problem not being fixed yet, and that instead of fixing this problem before it happened again they did not do so. Did I consider that they might not know what is causing the problem? I feel confident that of course they don't know what is causing the problem, or they would have fixed it if possible.

The complaint wasn't vague at all. Amazing how people knew exactly what I was talking about, with it being so vague and everything. I also didn't say they weren't making an effort to try to fix it. That's your own words trying to speak for me. Please don't.

My headline was exactly that, a headline. A headline is designed to summarize what the body of writing is about as well as to draw in readers. The only one being selfish here is you, who apparently is not affected by this problem.

You read and understood everything? Guess it wasn't that vague then, was it?

Awesome. Also a great idea. One thing you'll notice between yourself and I is that I did not discount your opinion on a solution. What I did, however, was offer a possible solution to a problem, rather than just complain about it and offer no possible alternatives.

As mentioned before, which you said that you read and understood, I was not taking away something that players enjoy. I was offering an alternative where they could get the exact same benefits, but in a manner in which the servers would not be so heavily stressed. In doing so, it would offer MORE people MORE opportunity to take advantage of something that, as you say, most players enjoy.

I'll take that into consideration the next time I submit a term paper or report to you specifically. Until then, if you don't like the structure of my writing, nothing is required of you that forces you to read or comment on it.

Actually, it is a problem. I'll let you in on a little secret that isn't very secret. TLP's are a major influx of cash for the Everquest business. They generate thousands of subscriptions and purchases. When those players cannot log into the game, they are more likely to terminate those subscriptions and cease spending money on the game. Everquest is a business, not a charity that Daybreak gives out for free. When it ceases to be profitable, they most likely will cease to invest more assets to the game that keep it running, new content being produced, and old content being available to play on their servers.

You keep trying to twist it a thousand ways, but the real fact is I noted a problem and offered a possible solution that would give the opportunity to the most people to benefit from compared to what is currently happening. What selfish is, is discounting someone's opinion and solution to a problem because it doesn't affect them as much. That is you.

Again, if I want to turn in some term papers to you, I'll take that into consideration. If you don't like what I have to say, move along. I'd say that a far worse way to make an argument is to try to belittle someone and attempt to insult them, which is what you did and which is also against forum rules.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They made correct assumptions, doesn't mean you weren't vague.

I didn't discount yours either, I just highlighted a potential problem with it.

So your thread title didn't say "End all XP Bonus Days" ?

I double-checked, it does say that.

You did that only after saying you wished to end all bonus XP days, that's why ordering your thoughts applies to more than term papers & reports.

It must be magical thinking that let's you come up with these deeply novel insights nobody around here has definitely ever had before & which nobody here already knew, are you a secret super hero, perhaps a Captain of some kind?

Aren't all facts real by default?

Well again I didn't discount your idea completely, I have no idea how my disagreeing with you is something you interpret as selfishness, that's quite bizarre.
  12. Grimvalor New Member

Agree, get booted now getting the unable to contact server because it crashes on xp weekends. You still hardly get any "extra" xp because everything is so overcamped you sit and wait with full mana for mobs. Its kinda sad really.