Enchanterpocalypse 2008: Sanguine Mind Crystal Edition.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Reval, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

It's the new Dandin-style thread.
    Haste likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

Well, I guess that's what I get for honesty. If anyone wants to judge the thread, I'd say to read my posts and see the responses. I don't think I was as unreasonable as people say. In closing, they overly nerfed an ability that:

-there is no recorded evidence I've ever seen before the nerf to show that anyone even had complained about.
    -was not game breaking, and did not allow enchanters to do anything that they couldn't do before in terms of content.
    -was only ever really overpowered due to another ability (azure crystal) which is already nerfed (should not give infinite mana - this was really the whole problem).
    -was in this situation before, where they fixed it just by making the azure crystal cost more mana than it gave back (and not much more). After this fix of azure crystal, and even during that one, and even during this last one up to the nerf, there were no complaints about it being too powerful or disrupting the game or in any way at all.
    -has been in the game over 9 years the way it was without any complaints, and honestly hasn't caused any problems.
    -had a reasonable drawback already in it's cost pre nerf (but raising that to 5k from the original cost would probably be reasonable).
    -was not as powerful as people like to claim it was.

I'd like for the ability to at least be brought into a more reasonable place from where it is now, which really is a pretty crazy level of nerfed. I mean you guys increased the mana cost alone by over 15k and it isn't affected by focuses, so it's a flat cost (I would not change that part, just lower the cost to be more reasonable)...with the amount it heals, the 2.5 second cast time and 5 minute recast are also more than a bit absurd. I mean maybe if it healed a more substantial amount like in the 35k - 50k range that stuff would be reasonable, but currently it isn't.

Whether the thread goes on past this post or not, I feel pretty confident in that my point is reasonable. Go ahead and say whatever you want about me, but you'll only be saying it to get it out of your system. i won't reply to it here. If you decide to make that thread about pvp, I'll reply to that though. If you don't, then that's fine too.
  3. Haste Lorekeeper

But this is WRONG...neither your intentions or the things you're stating are correct and lack honesty (hence why you get others and me posting in the first place).

Wrong. This ability was all but drug along until the last IRC chat in which (as Sliv posted) it was sought to upgrade them to be currently usable. Do you not remember them before this? When you'd summon one, potion belt it, and hold onto it for when you do a dungeon or similar? It was sought after to UPGRADE them, not make them so drastically better that they'd be used in conjunction with other abilities to do things Enchanters typically weren't able to do.

They were tied together, whether you are willing to believe it or not. You cannot really separate one and say "well the other was the OP one". No, they were both giving drastic changes back and everyone with an ounce of common Enchanter sense knew that once it "got out there" it would be changed.

This one's really easy. If you want to try and change these, TAKE PART IN THE IRC CHAT and ask. I know you've been in this game as long as I have, and I've yet to see you actually take part in the molding of it. You want change, go get change but don't expect the others who have actually added to the value of the class to see your view, because clearly they do not.
    Sheex, Tour and Silv like this.
  4. Random_Enchanter Augur

On that point, where are the IRC chats announced at? only took place in the TDS one cause i found out about it somehow.

(I'm still waiting for ShinyBoom AA :( )
  5. Haste Lorekeeper

They are typically in the "announcement thread" or sometimes tucked in the Veteran's Lounge. I don't believe Elidroth is doing AA's this year, Dzarn maybe? Who knows if, or when there will be another. Maybe PM Dzarn and ask him if he's doing them or someone else.
  6. Zarakii Augur

yeah Dzarn is on aa this year last i heard
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

/Constructive hat on! The heal amount post nerf seems a little poor, relative to what anyone can do with potions:

Potion (direct): lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=39987
    Healing Potion XVIII
    1: Increase Hitpoints by 4480 to 4600 (random)

Potion (hot): lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=39988
    Elixir of Healing XIX
    1: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 2195 to 2450 (random) per tick

Crystal: lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=46213
    Sanguine Harvest IV
    1: Increase Hitpoints by 9200

Asking for a significant amount of increase in the size of the heal would seem reasonable given the long recast, cast time and mana cost restrictions now imposed, especially given the shorter reuse on potions.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Reval Augur

Lol, he finally comes out with his big post. Just as a parting gift to all my fans, let's go through every point, one by one.

-If this were true, you'd be quoting me like crazy. Instead, since you can't quote anything I said that was wrong or dishonest, you use a wild generalization. Bad form. As usual. Even the quotes in this post that you're making are trying to lie to say that I'm lying! Go ahead and back this one up with "But EVERYTHING you say is dishonest", go for it pal. You're lying through your teeth. If this were the case, you could have given a single valid quote, or backed it up with ANYTHING, but none of my lovely detractors could do that without taking things drastically out of context. Textbook haters, I tell ya..

-This ability has been upgraded FOUR TIMES!!!! I do remember them before this. I rememeber all four iterations of them. What other "abilities" are you talking about? Are you going back to the azure crystal that was causing issues? Because you can fix one and not break the other. It's easy (and what I'm saying is also historically accurate), see what you do is, you fix the azure crystal by making it cost slightly more mana than it gives back, and then you leave the other one alone, just like they did before when they made this exact same mistake coding the azure mind crystal on a previous upgrade... Literally happened... No complaints... Nothing went wrong.... Or am I being "dishonest" again? Well, let's go back to the archives for this one, because I'm so damn prolific. You can't reply to them, but On this page https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/enchanter-2012-13-aa-ideas.196185/page-2 Look for these words, from me.. Don't forget to fix the bug you guys keep doing with that where azuur mind crystal gives more mana than it costs. By reminding you about this I realize I am basically better than every religious figure out there. Feel free to make a statue.
    Sound like something I'd say? It's because this same crap had already happened, and when it did before, it was adjusted in the RIGHT way, instead of the INSANE way. I made that post back in 2012.
    That's just a load of crap. The logic is fundamentally flawed. They already did the exact thing you're saying they can't do in the past, as I just proved. Or go ahead and make up some lie about why I would say that if it hadn't already happened. Go for it, lie and say that the post I linked to in the archives I just quoted wasn't said.
    I've been to the aa irc's before. I've added a lot to the class for one person. Again though your main goal here obviously isn't to make a suggestion to improve things, but rather to just throw out another lie about me, but I guess at this point it's just a drop in the bucket. Saying that I haven't ever taken part in "the molding of" the enchanter class at this point is ludicrous. Again, my same advice of read stuff applies. Try doing some research on the amount of feedback I've given about the enchanter class. Good thing you packed that one in with enough plausible deniability to make it ok if I reply. Well, look through the archives a bit. Look at that I'm here right now. Get a time machine and go back to when I attended the irc's. Fire your plausible deniability cannon, because you're gonna need it on this one. Or you can apologize, that's cool to do too. You know I never attacked you in this way. Your account was made on August 21'st of this year and you're trying to say I'm not credible. Who are you in game? You seem to know me (I know you claim to because I actually READ your posts instead whatever you do with posts. Do you just read up to 8 random words and then formulate an attack? That's not fair man. It's disrespectful.

You keep insulting me and when I say to read you go "oh but I have" and then just rattle off more senseless insults. You don't read the threads man. Before all this, Silv posts this :
    Sound advice, I admit it. But then after that, Haste posts this:
    You keep claiming you've read the thread, but if you'd read what was already posted, as usual, you wouldn't show in your posts that you hadn't read what was already posted. I could have listed probably 5 other examples of you not really reading the thread if I'd wanted to, but I tried to ignore it and just hope you'd better educate yourself before further posting =/. This was the only instance of you not reading the threads that wasn't something that seemed like you might be blatantly ignoring what was posted so that you could post insults, so that is significant. Oh well though. Good luck out there with the insulting me, since it seems to be the only purpose of your account.
  9. Reval Augur

Thanks Sheex for the constructive feedback. Reval awaaaaay!
  10. Casidia Augur

So how many of you *really* used those Crystals to help with doing awesome chanter stuff? ^^
    It was somewhere in the corner of my UI iirc...
  11. Havanap Elder

I keep being anonymously mentioned, so time for y'all to hear my two-cents-worth.

T3 named soloing, yep, sure. Not quite as the quote from Silv in the first post says, I would word it:

Basically the nerf to Sanguine means I now use a healer merc, at least on those named who do some kind of AE/DoT. The old technique was never easy mind you - Sanguine healed so little damage per click you really had to be on your toes to not die while using it - and the mana cost was pretty high too!

Yup yup, hotkey to summon then instantly consume a Red crystal was part of my UI for five or so years. Again, it was really for named who did some kind of special DoT or AE, but that's not so uncommon. Perhaps I used them a bit for reverse charm for xp situations too, rather than giving xp to a merc. Perhaps I used them on "run away" raid emotes that nuked/dotted me while OOR. Again, the mana cost of using this technique was very high!

Correct. Other than their OP situation caused by poorly-planned new abilities a year ago, these have always been junk.

I prefer to solo or at least try to solo enemies and missions that are difficult, and which would be a lot easier to get a bunch of other accounts, make a bot army, and have at 'er. To me - botting is cheating (I know it's not to the devs of the game, just to me). To the next point:
    Shrug. An enchanter could box an out-of-group druid, cleric, or shaman (even a ranger!) for way more healing power, and that is somehow okay.

Anyway Red Crystal is now gone/95% useless, and I doubt anything will be done to revive it. Yep I click Red/Blue when I log on, and 95% of the time they are still unused when I log off. The Urn of Life clicky is much better now for a timered heal. Enchanter class changes, life goes on.

Final unrelated comment. Some of you have big mouths when it comes to enchanter abilities that you don't use, or don't need because of how you play. I don't have a big mouth, but if I did you'd be hopping mad! So - shush!

Love,

Havanap
  12. Silv Augur

That's kindof the point... you should have to use a healer to heal. Why wouldn't that be ok? :confused:

Love you too Party. I'll be sure to send all buff tells to you this weekend for succumbing to post in Enchanterpocalypse. I thought you were better than that! ;)
  13. Maxxbuff Journeyman

I have learned that you guys are kind of hostile to new people. Some of it is provoked and illogical, but in general, you start out with an attack, then see how they will react. It is great to be passionate about our class and the development of it all, but IMO, we are facing an uphill battle from players side, and developers side. And I doubt that much of these discussions have any real impact. We have enough issues against us, that we should not be worried about the personal stuff. The real concern is bending the ears of the devs to actually test things and give them real thought.

Oops, took away most of chromatic haze and forgot to tell you or anyone else it was coming.
    Oops, took away deep sleep, from improper testing, we'll give it back next month.
    Oops, doubled your cast time of banishment, from improper testing, we'll fix it eventually
    Oops, jacked up the logic of mesmerizing TDS mobs, from improper testing... many nameds can be mezzed but trash cannot (so if you have ward on, you can tank the named in your sleep).
    Vrinda, Reval and Zezack like this.
  14. Silv Augur

1. The general consensus from DPS casters was that Haze was OP. So, in that regard, we shouldn't care. It's a nerf to everyone *but* us when you really think about what the ability was intended to do. Enchanters making parses was a gross extension of the class' abilities and anyone who thinks that it was acceptable should re-roll as a DPS.

2. Deep Sleep wasn't taken away - proccing it by chaining an instant reset AA was borderline -no- was, a sploit. Everyone knows it and just because it took years doesn't make it any different. Personally, I'm happy they changed it. I can now reliably land it in a single cast of cripple or slow. Even if the base spell is resisted DS will land. Casting Cripple once every few minutes and knowing I just refreshed DS is much better.

3. Mixed feelings on this one. It was an unintentional side effect of fixing the AA system as a whole. The only reason the system is being cleaned up and fixed is because Dzarn is on AA now would be my guess. While we didn't get a set date, I believe his fixes will be in the next patch. He is pretty reliable. Does it still suck the timers were changed because of a stupid racial ability that is never used but somehow linked to the AA? Yeah. At least it was acknowledged and is being altered. Compared to most stuff, that's a miracle.

4. Immunities across the board were borked in the last patch; root, mez, snare, charm, etc. Enchanters weren't singled out although it would appear so on the surface because we use those tools so often. Druids, Rangers, Wizards, or other kiting/solo classes also got 'nerfed'. It's been speculated that someone got their 1 and 0 confused and added immunities instead of taking them away. Of all your points I think this one is most relevant but it isn't an Enchanter issue per say. It's a general gameplay issue.

As for hostility to new people- who was new in this thread? It certainly wasn't OP. Usually the majority of hostility is directed at vets with agendas, nerf calls [yes, Enchanters are the worst as self sabotaging], or other dead horse topics which have been so far beaten into the ground it's borderline trolling.

ps. If you're talking about Havanap, he's my guildy and one of the best Enchanters I know so I'm allowed to give him sh*t :p We don't agree on everything but any perceived hostility there is in jest. I'd go crazy without the dude.

Edit: used the wrong word!
    Zezack, Sheex, RPoo and 1 other person like this.
  15. Maxxbuff Journeyman

I never said the issues weren't justified or fixed later. The concern is accidental do to improper testing, unannounced so no feedback could be provided, or just carelessly done in the case of mezzable mobs. I am not overly concerned about the other classes, they can fight their own battles. I hate the way warlord's grasp was changed, but that isn't my fight.

Even the topic of this thread, it leaves me shaking my head and wondering what are they doing? To take the time to code an ability, give it upgrades, and then make is near useless is a huge waste of resources. The truth of it from my perspective is, "Are these our last days?"
    Vrinda, Reval, Zezack and 1 other person like this.
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

yet you still replied.... wtf
    Silv likes this.
  17. Leex Pewpewer

A little late I know..But I wanted to comment on this portion of what you said.

Rangers are a pulling class, as well as Monks..So it makes sense that they have abilities that help enable them to do so, in various situations..Such as needing to mez or memblur.

A good point would be the Rogues..Although if you think about them, they are assassins, so I kind of throw that in with their stealth type abilities, being able to mez and get out of a situation.

Prior to the nerf Enchanters received, you could very well tank AM nameds. I've seen it personally.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Silv Augur

Enchanters were nerfed?! :eek:
    Zezack and Leex like this.
  19. Axxius Augur

And now they can't? ;)
    RPoo likes this.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Well now less Enchanters can..The good ones still can.
    RPoo likes this.