Enchanterpocalypse 2008: Sanguine Mind Crystal Edition.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Reval, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Again I'll re-state that I didn't use it. So, my mind changed when I realized it was being abused by Enchanters like yourself. I endorsed an upgrade because it had stagnated in general. I wasn't specifically thinking about one crystal or the other - if one was upgraded they both should be. Logical right? I did not endorse an upgrade knowing you could sploit it on PvP or via Azure mana regen abuse. Hell, I didn't even know about the Azure thing until about a month before it got fixed.

So, while you sit there and try and call me hypocritical for those actions I think that explains the change in stance rather well.
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

Again with the azure stuff.. man.. how many times can a person reiterate that they aren't talking about azure stuff, and every person lumps that in. And then you call me an exploiter. Character assassination doesn't work on a man who's built up so much character over the years. You'll be trying to assassinate it for the rest of your life before you get the job done. Give up on that path and enjoy yourself.

I wanted this topic to be about an aa. Not about pvp. People have agreed with me in this thread on various points.
    -sanguine was not something that really enabled enchanters to solo tier 3 arx named.
    -sanguine was mostly only powerful due to the issue with azure mind crystal, which had a much easier and better fix the last time this happened.
    -Every argument that comes up against it eventually winds up in the gutter of "well giving enchanters a heal is too powerful", but why do rangers get blusterbolt type spells? Rangers can't memory blur. Rogues shouldn't mez. Monks shouldn't mez. Who cares though right? They got the abilities, and in reality it doesn't hurt the game. They do the job less well than an enchanter would do it (maaybe rangers do it just as well for the portion they can do), so in the end they get to have some fun and life goes on. Why deny enchanters something a bit off beat?

I've been through all of this before. When I bring up and address any point, people don't really concede the point like gentlefolk would do, they just try to move on to another rehashed bad point. Here, I'll start us on the pathway to greatness. I'll concede the point that I can see that a person that's never even used the ability and then heard about how it was too powerful later might change their mind. I get that.

But still, you want to make it about pvp, which to me means we're almost on the home stretch. If you want to, make a topic about how people from pvp servers are making requests that somehow benefit pvp servers. Go ahead. You can quote me in it and everything, as I don't really view that sort of thing as offensive. If community standards say it's bad to do then I get it, but I don't mind if you do it. My first reply to that will be that you're trying to call me on supposedly rigging the system in my favor or whatever the hell you imagine this ability you've never used (I've used it.. it's not THAT powerful. I wouldn't call it exploitative in the least) to be, and then I'll show you some actual realities of that server, like a rogue just outright stunning a fully runed enchanter for 3 seconds, and killing them through every rune that lasts for more than a few minutes that they get. Let's leave it at that you're trying to tell someone who is comparatively an expert in a field how the field works, and it's kind of silly. You could even pm me about it if you wanted to be respectful, instead of trying to make this thread about that. I have a lot I can say about that point, but I'd rather not muddy the waters of this thread with that issue. Heck, throw in a third issue and I'd be pulling off a hat trick here since I'm supposedly so worried about "winning" a thread. That or you don't get my sense of humor and I'm a reasonable guy. You know, whatever.
  3. Haste Lorekeeper

Thank you baby Jesus, we're finally getting to the reasons why this thread was made...
  4. Reval Augur

nope. read the whole thread. even just read that post by itself and then read what you said. This may take a few tries if you're new to critical thinking. There's a saying you might want to take to heart; "Haste makes waste". Really take your time and consider the ideas being discussed. a rogue being able to essentially one shot someone isn't something that my request can fix, so that thing you're masquerading around as a point is not valid. It's just that pvp is what you all want to pretend it's about so that you can be "right" and "win" the thread. I guess I am calling someone a hipocrite there, but if the shoe is literally glued to the foot, then I guess it's being worn.

You should make another thread haste, because you as a person have been off topic this entire time. It's blatantly obvious in every post you've made here that your only goal is to try to attack me. I call you on not even posting in any semblance of what the thread is about, and then you read like one half of a post and try to add that in to your attacks. That don't cut it son. Go post that crap somewhere else. This is the thread that I made for my crap, and it even came with a fair disclaimer that you again obviously didn't read. You can entitle the thread "Reval is a great person and I think he's better than me and that bothers me so I made a thread to try to feel better about myself".
  5. Sindaiann Augur

This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. I read things you post Reval and after days upon days of your incessant rants, undefined meaning behind why the heck you want them changed, and just completely out in left field comments, my head begins to hurt. You will never listen to the voice of reason because your obsessed with your own agenda.

And the majority, if not all here, do not care.

*Oh I forgot, I posted so therefor I care, and by default Reval wins.......................wtf*
    Silv, Haste and Mintalie like this.
  6. Reval Augur

Personal attacks don't really add much to the discussion, do they? That's why originally when this haste guy started attacking me I tried just ignoring it, and waiting for decent replies that actually discuss the topic at hand in the thread. A lot of people have made posts on why it was overpowered, or why they think it should have been nerfed, but if you try to discuss it, they fall apart pretty fast =/. The ability wasn't really that powerful. Should I apologize for that fact? Because so far it's seeming like that's the fact here.

If you have read what I post and disagree with it, then try quoting it and making a point about it. Don't do purposefully out of context crap, that's lame. Surely there's some "left field comment" that you have a particular point about (go ahead, emphasize the word POINT like other people did. I won't try to find other words around it, a point is a point. I'll crush the egg shells since I'm wearing shoes instead of trying to walk around them). If you think I could just talk my way out of it, then I guess it wasn't a solid point to begin with =/.
  7. Haste Lorekeeper

Thank you for at least admitting what this post is about.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Reval Augur

let it all out kiddo. You're really making your side of the fence look good.
  9. Silv Augur

I read the first sentence and stopped. What I was saying had NOTHING to do with the Azure stuff. It was mentioned in context about Sanguine. Just stop.
  10. Random_Enchanter Augur

Abilities do not exist in vacuums. Nor do spells, or people. They all interact with each other and that's what nearly everyone in this thread is trying to point out to you.

Ask any rouge out there what there personal burn is compared to a supported burn. The same idea extends to the HP crystals.

That is-
    Using 20k mp to heal for 10k hp the # times that an enchanter's mana bar can support is not a problem. Being able to do that then GM, QM, staunch, mind storm, horn, spires, rods, etc, etc to allow the enchanter to continue without impact IS the problem. Adding a cool down resolves this.
  11. Reval Augur

Sounds like you're trying to drag azure crystals into it to me =/. If the only part that bothers you outside of azures is "sploit it on PvP", then do what I've suggested and make another thread where we can discuss that. Insult me all you want, since it seems to be in fashion lately. I don't really care. I have a valid point.

A decent fix to make sanguine crystals useful in some fashion in not unreasonable to ask for. If you're being honest with yourself, I've already gone through pretty much every argument and if you honestly think one is strong enough to bring up with what I've already said, then go for it. Bring it up again. They could make them heal for more, or take out the crazy limitations that were added in. I don't really care how they do it, but in their current state, it's sort of ridiculous.

I don't see any dev answer as to why they were nerfed. I tried googling it and came up with this thread, patch notes saying it was nerfed, and nothing on the rationale. I guess that's the one thing I haven't addressed. People say "well the devs thought" "well the devs thought", but there's nothing backing that up. Some guy who was probably too new to realize that an 18500 mana cost on anything short of summoning an actual airship that flies you up to a room where the best of everything is just sitting on a vendor for 1 cp an item must have made the fix, because that mana cost is absurd. I mean really.

They slightly nerfed bdb and people post on that, and it's fine. So if you have a problem with this, then either think through all of the factors and genuinely explain why this ability is too powerful (hint: it's clearly not), or just deal with that I'm making a reasonable request (I guess that's difficult somehow).
  12. Sindaiann Augur

The dev will be right with you, as this is utterly important!

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Silv likes this.
  13. Reval Augur

If you're staunching to do this, the staunch will heal you. If you're getting QM to do this, then there's a cleric who will heal you, and could have spent that QM elsewhere for a much higher effect, so by definition that one is not without impact. Even if you don't add a cooldown, even before the mana cost was bumped up to an ungodly 18500, the mana cost was always significant outside of when azure was broken, and if the cooldown were reduced or removed it would still deter people from overusing the ability.

I'll add in that the synergy you are mentioning isn't quite the same as a dps burn with or without a bard. In this case, the "bard" is probably a cleric, and can heal you pretty well. In some cases, hitting sanguine would push things a bit over the top so that they have an easier time saving another groupmate that was also taking damage, and that was nice. It bought time. If there was something serious going on though, and you used it too much, you'd go oom and die for sure. And what you are achieving with this isn't of the same magnitude as a raid burn is. Mod rods help, but if you're using QM for this, then the next time that QM is going to a wizard probably.

In your example, having it cost 20k is very generous. I think with that being the case, I can argue that QM gives you 30k mana, so a cleric could QM you and you'd get 10k mana out of it and 10k health out of it? Underpowered in comparison to our current environment. Gather Mana gives you 42,500 mana total, so that's 20k hp and 5k mana? Underpowered. Even if there was no cooldown at all, that's insanely underpowered. I used to make a sanguine before I go into raids, and then if we wiped I'd make another one, but since that change I hadn't had the mana after a wipe to make another (or an azure), and then one time I made one by accident mid raid and the huge mana cost us the raid because it just happened at the wrong time. So now I don't even have a hotkey for it because it's so bad currently. It was a good ability. Fix it.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

You die on raids? I don't remember what it is to die on a raid..........thank the lord that shall change I hope with TBM
  15. Reval Augur

I'll go back to just ignoring the personal attacks and let them practically make my point for me. Stop character assassinating yourself friends =(.
  16. Silv Augur

Let those without valid logic, cast the first stone sanguine crystal at us.

This thread really should have been locked days ago.
  17. Reval Augur

Take 5 days, and find a valid example that I couldn't tear through like it was butter. As someone that had used it before, it just wasn't that powerful. I've already successfully gone through all the points against it that people have brought up in this thread. Every time I respond about a point, the person then goes into personal attacks even though I've tried not to really do that. I guess I could have been kinder to Haste, but man could he have been kinder to me if you go back through his posts. The ability shouldn't be in the state it currently is, it's pretty ridiculous how far they nerfed it. Go to any other class and give any ability they currently have an 18,500 mana cost outside of the latest versions of mana burn, which literally was originally named mana burn btw, and see how balanced you think that is. Anyways, have a nice life.
  18. Random_Enchanter Augur

Then why don't you just come out and STATE what you want to be considered? Instead of attacking everyone who posts here and attempting to discredit there reasons. Which BTW others seem to not think that they have been
    Silv likes this.
  19. Silv Augur

You would tear threw a scientifically peer reviewed published study just like climate change deniers to try and validate your point. There is no reasoning with you. Therefore, I certainly will not take 5 days as I've already provided valid reasoning, as well as many others, and you do have some people that agree they don't think it was OP but they aren't up in arms about it.

This happened months ago. I don't know why you won't get over it. You should know better that they're not going to change it. *Maybe* you should PM Dzarn since he is doing AA now. He may be slightly sympathetic to your argument but given how you present things, that's probably a stretch.
  20. Casidia Augur

This thread just keeps on giving and giving xD
    Oh i also had to quote my favorite post, damn it how true is that?
    Silv likes this.