Enchanter,,,

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Myric, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Uuvin Augur

charm works in demi plane of life - it is not entirely broken. There are some changes you need to make in how you go about it, but once you work those out ( if you can ) - it works. it is a bit more challenging. I had trouble keeping a mob charmed in Demi plane of life, except in the mayors house area or the pit. So, I just charm a mob , park it there, then run off and pull the ph I wanted to the central area and then kill it. Later, when name popped I would do the same thing to the Named. Sure, there are problems. But necessity breeds experimentation and forces you to do things you may not otherwise even attempt. I charm kill any named in TBM and have been charm killing since outside Karnors Castle when I was in my 40-s. I also tank mobs when needed, but I prefer not to. Its more stressful to me when I have to rely on a healer. I don't trust other people very much.
    I can get to just about any location in norrath. I can pull any mob in any spot in any zone to any location in that zone. I can solo / molo any non raid mob in the game. The main problem I have is low DPS. 90, 100, 110k DPS isn't that bad when fighting names, but its nothing like some other classes put out. And when fighting trash I rarely get over 25k DPS. I pay for my strengths by having lower DPS.
    As stated above, each player has their own methods and skills. Talk to them in game and maybe even ask to come watch them. or fake like a rogue and follow them invisibly and spy -)
  2. Vdidar Augur

He didn't follow the first rule.......
    IblisTheMage, Sancus, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  3. Xikteny Augur

The mobs I've charmed in demiplane of life just straight up don't attack mobs when ordered. Maybe some of them do work, I didn't try every one of them.
  4. Xikteny Augur

I just went to demi-life and was able to use a charm pet as normal. o_O

I don't know if they fixed something, or if it's related to the zone's time-based NPC scripting, or what, but charm does work in demi-life apparently.

ETA: "normal" might be a stretch; some weird things do still happen. At least charm pets are capable of attacking now (from what I can see with the mob/time-of-day combo I randomly picked to charm).
    gotwar likes this.
  5. Uuvin Augur

probably directly related to how far away from the center you are. Been a while since I did demi life, you reminded me why I moved closer to the central area.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Never had an issue with charm there myself
  7. Genusii Journeyman

Is there a charmable rogue npc in any tbm zone? Have yet to find one...
  8. Conandx New Member

I play an enchanter specifically because I can solo (or to be more accurate, Molo with my wiz merc). I've been max AA and soloing since level 80 in SOF expansion. The zones and methods change but I average 30-40 AAs per lesson burn plus lotsa loot. Perfect for my 30 min/day playtime before i got max aa and the current expansion got boring. Nobody gives up all their secrets nor locations but if you're on Xegony, I can perhaps show you sometime.
  9. Kutsuu Augur

Enchanters can do some pretty cool stuff solo - I've been told that they can molo current expansion named by tanking with runes and letting a DPS merc do most of the killing.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

Thug Life
  11. Fian Augur

I do it a little differently. I use a cleric merc to tank TBM named. Wiz merc would be faster, but normally my runes are down before the refresh on the rune is up. With a cleric merc, I can survive long enough until the next refresh. Enchanter DPS is good so the fight really isn't that long, especially if you save IOG/CH for named mobs.
  12. Brohg Augur

Unity 100 & 105 don't share timer. Eff a cle merc.
  13. Xikteny Augur

14. Zamiam Augur

^what patch is that , when does or will that take effect ? curious thx
  15. Xikteny Augur

It was a joke regarding future potential nerfs.
  16. Zamiam Augur