Enchanter questions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Just_Another_SK, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Just_Another_SK Elder

Hello folks just a couple questions, I plan to ask more detailed ones of Gotcharm later in game however a couple things i need to know while leveling my chanter this morning until he gets on :)

Mostly I will be soloing / moloing or duoing, I dont have any raid plan atm, I will need to balance all the fun neat mind control type things we do, but also provide as much dps as i can

Which specilizations do I want for primary / secondary (was thinking conj primary, and alt or mayve evo secondary?)

Cha effects charms & mezzes... truth or myth? I heard that recently ingame and I was under the impression the only thing that effected the duration of charms is a magic debuff & AAs am I wrong?

When to start charming? I see high level chanters occassionally charm soloing in current zones, however I have seen leveling chanters in level appropriate zones complaining they have to use their summoned pets because there were no mobs low enough level to charm there

lastly can anyone point me to a fansite for enchanters that may be up to date where i can research more of the finer aspects of the class, I always try and research, practice, try out of the box things, and ask questions of those more wise who have traveled the road before me so i can become the best that I can be at a new class

Thanks In advance
    Sky - Test
  2. fransisco Augur

While chr does effect charm, its mainly chr below ~300 (and only minor). Its very easy to keep chr maxed with gear.
    HChr literally has zero benefit. The devs have stated this.

For specialization - evocation primary. You will cast FAR more nukes than any other spell as an enchanter. Secondary do alteration (for your dots). With the new dots, I could see reversing the two.
    Mezzes are conjuration, but their mana cost is relatively low. I've played an enchanter for years and maybe once I didn't have enough mana to cast a mez.

As far as when to start charming? Whenever you feel like it. At the high 70s, it gets better with beguilers direct banishing and charm AAs, but that doesn't you can't earlier. I started in my 40s
  3. Ismel Augur

Spec Conj is a waste of time cc is very cheap compared to anything else especially after level 60 and you should reach that very fast even just running around with a merc.

After the DoT change last year Alt is looking really strong with charm and dots being the main drain on mana.

but if your mainly in fast paced group where dots don't really have enough time to be worth it, Evo will give you the most savings.

Cha and charm: it really do help but with the gear no a days even at very low levels you will reach the cap of 255 without even trying.

as to the problem with wanting to fight in zones that don't have anything to charm at your level that is a matter of finding/knowing where to find them and not be tempted to fight in harder content.

There are a lot of good guides/discussions on how to charm and dps and spell setup if you search this forum don't think there are any up-to-date fan sites.

Hope this helps else you can always try serverwide.enchanter:enchanter there are usually a few of us around who can help

Ismel Enchanter AB