Enchanter or ShadowKnight?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ceto, Jul 16, 2018.

1. ceto Elder

Hiya folks,

I'm trying to decide between these two for mostly molo leveling with the occasional grouping at higher levels. No raiding though.

Which of these two classes will give me an easier time at the higher levels when the mobs are tougher?

Thanks!
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Is it correct that the objective is to molo to 110?
    How many AA do you plan to grind on the way?
    Will you have access to PP funds for gear?
    All Access?

SK is likely a good match, but you would probably enjoy having more DPS.

Adding a melody bard will open up your options quite a bit.
  3. Gnomeland Augur

Enchanters have an easier time moloing to 110.

Shadow knights have an easier time moloing rare monsters.

Pick your poison.
  4. ceto Elder

Thanks for the responses, Enchanter it is!
  5. shimmer New Member

I play both.
    Enchanter is my main but I have been made pretty obsolete in today's game. Oh, for sure I bring value to a group but when guild groups are serious about some target, they generally prefer a true DPS class rather than me. I still get groups because of my sparkling personality but my role is primarily DPS, which is boring to me. I love crowd control but in most groups it is rarely needed and, in fact, is probably annoying to the tanks in my guild, who are quite capable of taking on multiple mobs at once.
    Charm is an amazing tool that takes some time to learn but once you do you'll be pretty self sufficient at leveling. AND, I can do what I do without much attention to gear or augs.

Which is good because my SK is so needy. I love the SK as well BUT she is very gear dependent. For the SK to be effective, you need the best gear you can get and AC augs in every slot. Most of the time with my box crew is spent gearing up my SK. The downside is the poor enchanter gets the dregs. The upside is that it doesn't matter.

So... enchanter is a steeper learning curve to play well but easier in terms of equipping. Can be super fun to play, in certain content where we are actually needed (in my opinion).
    SK much more work to gear up to be able to do anything but not quite as hard to play reasonably well (I claim to be effective but freely admit I don't come near to Brohg level of play - that's a whole 'nother world).
  6. Caell Augur

Good choice!