Enchanter nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Verily Tjark, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Rosarchx New Member

What the heck is a good phone number for Daybreak I am gonna give them a call since i have next week off. We grind for very minor upgrades in gear, augs and rare items only to seem Daybreak take a and wipe their and throw it down the toliet.

Rosarchx
  2. Brohg Augur

You (no one in particular - just everyone, alright?) are not the character class you log in to play sometimes. And that character class is not you. Changes to that class are not personal attacks.

EverQuest is a PvE game. We are all on the same side. No one benefits from any class in particular being nerfed, except how we all collectively as players benefit from having a balanced game to play.

No player "makes" EQ developers do anything. Even if someone were so small-minded as to desire a change running counter to a balanced game, they would be entirely powerless to effect those spiteful changes.

Yelling at one's peers over a perceived attack they had neither motive nor means to effect makes a person look silly, not righteously aggrieved.
    Moege likes this.
  3. Rosarchx New Member

HOOOTTTPANNTTS You freaking wizard you been jelly of chanters. You never gave Roarie much love.

Rosarchx
  4. Evast Lorekeeper

I do not raid, and I am one of those “box” enchanters.

The nerd does suck, but not as bad as others make it out to be. As a non raid Enchanter, I’d rather we keep only one side of the nerfs. Take our mana return away, and let us keep our DPS. Trade off is that our DPS isn’t going to be ever lasting. We can burn good while mana lasts, but mana isn’t going to last forever.

-OR-

Give us our mana return and and leave the DoT nerf in place. We can keep DoT’ing and nuking away without running out of mana, but it’ll be at a reduced output. Evened out sustained damage.

I’d pick the high damage and mana issues personally. Make you have to think and plan out how to use your now “limited” mana.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

This whole thread is an absolute prime example of why posting on these forums is absolutely useless.

#JerrySpringer
    MasterMagnus and gotwar like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Can save you some time, brosef:
    [IMG]
  7. Boold Print New Member

You know i really get tired of people taking crap about any one who complains, they talk and say how they were crappy players and glad they quit. DBG should take a Que from this and how bad they are messing up because of how low the population is because of all the nerfing. Enchanter were not to overpowered, everyone else is just to underpowered.
    The game is supposed to be fun and most changes DBG has made has made the game not fun.... actually horrible experiences. What would you rather do make changes that make a 100 people happy and playing a game they enjoy? or make changes for 1 person and have those 100 go somewhere else? Because DBG sure is good at doing the later.
  8. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Everyone hates nerfs. I think most have had to endure them through their EQ career. Luckily I have people I enjoy playing with which makes me see past the nerfs (however annoying) and it’s more about having fun playing with them. One month maybe I get nerfed while someone else of those I play with is in a very good spot. It all evens out. But sure having to endure nerfs that are so heavy handed are never fun for anyone and I totally get why some people quit over it... I just won’t be one of them tho.

Side thought: They should adopt a tier scaling system like diablo where we can increase or decrease difficulty on certain areas of the game to tailor it more to our level of desired play which similarly increases drop rates etc to a certain degree or something.
    Numzan likes this.
  9. Stune Augur

I blame warriors for all this, because they innate the spam my class sucks... so everyone gets nerfed. Don;t believe me... go back a bunch of years.
  10. Jetslam Augur

I'm terrible at remembering event times.

He hasn't been Findictive level for a while unfortunately :/ You should join us to light the fire back in his soul and have some solid competition.
  11. Rosarchx New Member

What we are seeing is Daybroken is Over Nerfing. Yes Hoootpaaaants we understand warriors got nerfed but the question is did Daybroken OverNerf Chanter, Shaman and Druid and the Answer is Yes they went way to far on damage, effects, and reset time on the spells. When Daybroken Over Nerfs they will get a Hue and Cry for a fix a compromise a somewhere in between on the damage they inflicted to these marginalized classes.

Rosarchx enchanter
    Ever
  12. MiataDriver Augur

Meh, speaking as a main shaman, I am fine with where they ended up with the DoTs. I had fun while I could do really awesome DPS for a while, but still manage to do pretty much everything I could before, just takes longer. My only complaint at the time of the nerf was the mana cost.
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

At least you can go you're on your own wau.. idk what else to dp...
  14. Bamboompow Augur

Do chanters still get groups and are they still welcome on raids?

Guessing we all know the answer to this. (Spoiler: The answer is yes)

Yes, I might be oversimplifying this pain, and the pain is understandable. Still, it seems unreasonable for the extreme logic of having all enchanters just quit. Chanters drifted out of their role of being a support class. Granted, the game has kinda drifted out of supporting support classes....
  15. Genusii Journeyman

The enchanter drifted out of a role that the game is not supporting. Your entire sentence justifies the extinction.
  16. Genusii Journeyman

17. Luvmy New Member

I am a mostly ROS raid geared, maxed AA'd Enchanter with almost all my Hero Fortitude/Vitality/Resolution. While I can compensate for these changes as any good Enchanter can do, I do have to agree they went a bit overboard. I really hope this is one of these it's easier to take too much then readjust to balance it back a bit situation, and not the final result.

I am old school. I have endured the many many changes, seeing Enchanter abilities that make them special handed out to other classes, etc over the years. I have seen Guilds dwindle from 7 or 8 Enchanter raiders to lucky to have 1 or 2 after changes.

What I worry about is how much worse this effects less geared/AA'd/clickies collected Enchanters. I hope they enjoy the class and learn the class enough so that this don't discourage them to a point of quitting, or main switching. Hang in there! We are still needed and still a good class to be!
    Playful likes this.
  18. Millianna Augur

Sadly, most of the group content requires DPS. Wish there was more content that doesn’t require DPS. We have at least 1 to 2 more content updates left, this nerf was probably the only way the updates will happen.
  19. Ninelder Augur

Most of the enchanter mains quit in the first 3 overnerfs, they aren't even around to see this one.
  20. MasterMooCow New Member

So we're almost a month in and it doesn't seem that this is going to be addressed in July's patch. I assume the dev silence on this means that they intended for the nerf to be this severe? I don't understand what they expect of our class at this point?