Enchanter Nerf

Discussion in 'Casters' started by tmplatten, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Sasquach of Maelin New Member

Returning enchanter, browsing the forums to see what's changed...

Sees this thread, realizes he's totally screwed because he's in old group gear.

Thanks, devs. Instead of addressing the problem, you knock my favorite class back 5 years... Again.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's my point exactly.
    People are screwing around with a very complex class, and they don't even know what the class does and does not have available for Type 3 augs. I hope something is done to address this - apathy is finally setting in here.
    -Rat
    tmplatten likes this.
  3. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Agree. I seriously doubt any of the devs even play enchanters, and even know how, to do what WE do. I think the recent class nerfs for our spells to cost a LOT more mana, to have to wait TWENTY FIVE SECONDS to recast our UNITY spells. The ENTIRE point of UNITY, is for it be a quick-cast dual rune buff. We need that to SURVIVE and when we die our PARTY dies.

They fail to understand that the class is very complex, and should not punish players who played for Years, working endlessly to EARN SKILLS to accomplish awesome feats. Instead you just take away what we worked so hard to learn. This is not a point and shoot. People with less knowledge, less skill, less practice SHOULD NOT BE able to do what WE can do. That is nonsense. That is the point of practice to learn things over years, to accomplish things most people cannot. I worked hard for 3 years and was just in joyous bliss with how my skills developed, that I was learning to be able to do things very few could. And then you change all of the rules so the truly gifted. truly hardworking enchanters for years, suddenly become average and NO better than Noob chanters.

IMO that is stupid. Why should we play endlessly to learn things, to have you rewrite the rules. It's absurd.
  4. tmplatten Lorekeeper

I don't agree with the long recast on Unity but enchanter runes were vastly different than wizard. It had nothing to do with health at least in the group game.[/quote]
    I don't agree with the long recast on Unity but enchanter runes were vastly different than wizard. It had nothing to do with health at least in the group game.[/quote]

Skilled players OUGHT to be able to do great things. They should NOT have their great accomplishments taken away cuz some total noobs whine at what we can do. HEY IF YOU WANT
    to do what I can do, create an enchanter. Get kvk 105 with 28300 aas. Study endlessly what your skills/spells do, could do, might do. Try to improve and become awesome for 3 years. ACHIEVE Greatness. and just have devs take it away? I think they HAVE NO IDEA what they are doing.

One of the GREATEST POINTS of Everquest, is it's insane complexity. If I gave my character to 1000 people. ALL of them would SUCK at it and not even want to play. I endured and persevered and tried things no one tries. For example, I can pull sarnaks in eok out of their fort, a bunch, and then kill them all, while naked. THAT IS SKILL. That is knowledge. That is how I try to do things I dream up. and That is what noob players and devs with zero skills, zero knowledge, zero practice; do not take into account. OMG everyone is not supposed to play like everyone else. This is not a point and shooter. Oh look now I click the large blue button, and I do great things. Wth. People who complain, will NEVER be able to do great things, because they want it their way. /boo hoo.
  5. tmplatten Lorekeeper

i TOTALLY AGREE.
    DEVS WITH ZERO SKILLS, ZERO KNOWLEDGE, ZERO PRACTICE, ZERO EXPERIENCE,
    are SCREWING AROUND A VERY COMPLEX CLASS.
    VERY COMPLEX
    VERY COMPLEX
    VERY COMPLEX
    VERY COMPLEX CLASS

They suck like the thousands who want to do what we do, without the thousands of hours of trial error/practice. I feel very insulted by the devs. I feel totally disrespected for my hard work; that they would just take it away? stupid. I want them to log on RIGHT NOW, and DO the things they NERFED.
    HAHA they are clueless. so sad.
    and it is lessening the fun of VETERAN players.
    Sasquach of Maelin likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Nothing says "take me srsly, guys!" better than a rampant string of repetition and caps lock usage.
    RPoo, Sindaiann, gotwar and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sasquach of Maelin New Member

Maybe he's trying to prove a point? The way I see it, there's no farking point in even meming Unity right now. I would be better off going back to meming the two individual runes, and spamming them as necessary. That way, I don't have to mem Unity *and* the two component runes. I haven't even logged in just yet to access the damage, but I know I'm right, and I know this is a farking stupid change. A major rollback for my most favored class.
  8. Sasquach of Maelin New Member

Hey, you know what? I changed my mind. Survival by runespam is boring. What's an ADD guy with an enchanter main to do when all he has to do is spam the hotkey for /cast 1 for guaranteed survival?

Fark yeah, bring back the /hardmode EQ baby! Now I have to pay enough attention to know whether to press the /cast 1 or /cast 2 hotkeys! Sure, my YouTube time is suffering, but meh, EQ FTW! ^_^
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

This is an impersonation, right? Yuge hands?
    fransisco likes this.
  10. nantalbus Elder

I must be strange then. I only use self runes, to split a camp up or when pulling a named with a spell attack, and on some raid with ae attack.(granted my raid lineup is mostly dots/dd/mez(single and ae)C/haste/dich and debuffs). I have never chained cast them on myself to live threw a mob/named in a group setup. Sorry that take half the fun out of grouping.
  11. fransisco Augur

I've only done it a couple times in the rare situation where the rest of the party wipes and I can finish the fight and start rezzes.
    This more feels like another illogical nerfing so that no one else can even pretend to be like a tank.
    Sasquach of Maelin likes this.