Enchanter Nerf Actually 30%

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CabdruTTV, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Dyzalot Augur

You should check your privilege before hating on rogues you classist!
  2. Pikles Journeyman

I'm pretty sure I got hit by a Rock Golem for more than 160 yesterday... Charmed it did seem personally like the max hits were actually less. I didn't parse or watch it too long, but I just noticed it was hitting for more around 112. I will do some more testing this weekend in various zones to see.

For some non-enchanters out there. IN General the higher level mob you charm will have a higher max hit. This goes for rogue types (Capturers, velium hunters, sola goblins, etc.) with backstab also. I would assume the nerf was to max hit, but I can't prove it yet and have heard several conflicting theories that are leading to multiple answers. Example, I had a few different capturers charmed in the hole this week, the higher level Caps (lvl 46/47) will Backstab for over 300, the lower lvl ones (43/44) will not BS for over 300. I'm not sure where the level cutoff is as I haven't fully tested every level, but it's pretty obvious max hit changes. And with backstab it's more evident as the modifier is higher.

Allie might be different by the way! Which may be another variable to this.

Enchanters get to testing this weekend!
  3. a_librarian Augur

nope
  4. a_librarian Augur

this is all immaterial because the real dank pet in the hole are the undead wanderers. Pre nerf the level 51s max hit was 173 and the level 53s max hit was 198. They whipped major
  5. Garmr Augur

Still to strong. Reduce another 30%

Monks shuold only be allowed bare fists. Remove ALL monk weapons.

SK's should not be able to FD, thats a monk skill! Remove that.

Necros, why have a pet? Already to OP with DoTS. Remove Necro pets (Im looking at FD here too).

Clerics wear plate so they are tough, increase aggro generated by heals for clerics. Just safe little heal bots as it is.

Shaman slow is way to powerful. Please, it makes the mob not dangerous at all and hit like a 90 year old woman. Tune this OP spell line.(cripple too)

Bards.......... /delete

Warriors have to many aggro tools now. Please go back to the single taunt button and reliance of procs and dps to generate aggro. Nothing wrong with binding /beg and /disarm into the taunt key either.

Mages have to many pets and so are OP. Make a lvl 10 quest to make them decide on ONE pet for their eq career. Air, water, fire, earth. Choose ONE.

Wizards......./delete

Beastlords need a better slow and a better choice of weapons they can use. Also, pet should be the same level as the beastlord always since they are growing together.

Druids are in a good spot, they should get the same rez as clerics do though, and CH.

Rogues need a 2hp option that does 10x BS damage.

Paladins....../delete

Berserkers decap needs to proc more often and on all even con and lower mobs. Damage should also be scaled up on decap. Agony of Absolution should have recast reduced to 3 seconds.
  6. Komodon Augur

Of course you are going to think that way as somebody who was opposed to any change in the first place.

Personally, I'd guess it on it being more along the first step line of thought. With a long overdue end goal focus of making charmed pet use in everyday game play and grouping among actual PCs a lot less overwhelming prevalent then it's gotten to be.
  7. Gremin Augur

Ya the math does some off...
  8. Kiaro Augur

The problem is that their fist damage is scaled for Planes of Power content in classic, their weapons are pathetic compared to bare hands basically.

If this was sarcasm, you missed the point :p
  9. Macc New Member

Hit em with another 30% imo

Charm's had 20 years to be INSANELY overpowered. Let's knock charm pet DPS down til monks/rogues can consistently outdps them (even just a little) then give them rough equivalent of a equal level warrior players HP/AC values and call it good. Still OP but not game breaking. If an enc can bring all the other stuff enc does + a pet that doubles as a warrior equivalent tank and monk/rogue equivalent DPS they're still OP. They don't need to be 3-4x tankier than a player and do 2x the dps to be good.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I'll bet you $100 there are no further charm nerfs in the next year.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

Just double or triple the charm break chance, or make recently charmed mobs un-stunnable, un-charmable, un-mezzable for like 30 secs or so.
  12. sirelothar New Member

Someone needs to charm higher level rock golems.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

That is not a solution. That pretty much guarantees a wipe on every charm break, at least if you are in tight quarters.
  14. Kergan New Member

I would have been fine with the nerf to charm pets coming in the form of lower max duration, a lot more mana cost on the charm spell, and/or an increased chance to break instead of a damage decrease. I think it would fit more into the idea of it being a high risk/high reward option that a group has to have at least two brain cells between the 6 of them to manage properly.

Anyone arguing that it wasn't unbalancing overpowered the way it was is being delusional.
  15. Arugan Lorekeeper

I spent a lot of time charming golems in Hole before the nerf, and max hit was 140. 140*0.8=112. The math checks out. What are you smoking? You've been playing this game for 20 years and you cant take 5 mins to check your facts before whining on the forums?

Proof that pooping in a sock does not make you a skilled/knowledgeable player.
    Thalliius likes this.
  16. Nickatropolis Augur

You can balance enchanters by increasing mana cost of charm, adding a cool down, increasing mob charm resistance, etc. Obviously enchanters are OP but you cannot take any breaks while playing one effectively.
  17. Darkrend New Member

In unrest right now. Charmed a mob maxes at 32 damage. Uncharmed it hits for 84.

This is my 4th character on Aradune. I don’t main an enchanter, and overall I feel like a 20% DPS nerd was a good start. But man, don’t say 20% and really, you mean 60% in regular cases like this.

I still don’t feel like the balance is off comparatively to other classes. 32 damage is 8-10 damage higher than other pet classes at a comparable level. But a 20% nerf this is not.
  18. Kiaro Augur

What pray tell did you find in Unrest that hits for 84?
    Pikles and Tucoh like this.
  19. Arugan Lorekeeper

AFAIIK charm primary attack damage is based on mob level and any special modifiers are ignored. This means that certain special mob types deal significantly less damage when charmed to be in-line with a regular mob of the same level. For example, Torklar hits for 40 charmed but 80 uncharmed. This has been the case long before this "nerf." And based on the example you provided, I am almost certain you are talking about Torklar.

Once again, people cannot get their facts straight despite playing this game for the past 20 years.
    Thalliius and Tucoh like this.
  20. Zansobar Augur

Sure you can if you have a competent group. Others can cc your pet if it breaks, for example.
    Thalliius likes this.