Enchanter molo question.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by ceto, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Vizier Augur

Like I said, what ever you think you can or cannot do, you are right. Limit yourself however you want, just don't be surprised if some people think you are...well, you know.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You’re 100% right, I tried to equip some plate and it turns out it was just all in my head. I don’t know how you can pretend that charm doesn’t have a level cap or enchanters have disadvantages and other classes have advantages.
  3. Vizier Augur

You see insurmountable obstacles ahead of you, I see enjoyable challenges met and overcome. You (and your clones) can be sorry about the class all you want but there is at least ONE person on the interwebs who happy with the state of the class and the direction it has taken over the years. Is there room for improvement? Sure any quality of life changes would be most welcome, such as permanent Mana Rep aura. But if we dont get em I am still quite happy. Your mileage can (and clearly does) vary.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You’re talking some nonsense. You don’t do any good pretending charm doesn’t have a level cap or that enchanter immune content doesn’t exist.
  5. Vizier Augur

It's a game. It has rules. Deal with it.

Honestly this thread is completely bizarre to me. The OP asked a simple molo question and somehow that was a flimsy enough excuse for 4 pages of text walls on how bad the class is and why everyone should stop playing enc period. Yall must really like to hear yourselves talk because I have no earthly idea who the intended audience is.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, which is it?
  7. Vizier Augur

It's both, because they are the same thing stated different ways. Let me use your own example:

ex.

When I was first starting out I tried to equip some plate armor but my class couldn't use it. Then I thought about it for a while and realized what I really wanted some more survivability. Since plate armor was off the market I decided to try and see what I could do to make myself a more survivable enchanter. This started me down an amazing journey filled with adventures and friends that has spanned over 2 decades.
    Stabbyman likes this.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

Let's try to get this thread back to the OP's question.

So I did a little work in Beta...

I found a spot pretty easily to reverse charm. I would recommend no less than 3 mobs to make it efficient. HP levels for NPC's are just ridiculous. Solid AA xp.

So although Molo'ing with a charm pet tanking while you dps down a mob may be a thing of the past. (Which was my preferred laid back style of solo play) You can still solo effectively in current content just takes a little more work with a higher level of risk.

But as was stated before RVR right?
    Vizier likes this.
  9. Vizier Augur

Can you say where the spot is or not allowed?
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

Not in public channels... they are listening
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Wow. What a disappointing read. You need to learn to play ENC or reroll, but give advice is not on the list of things you should be doing.

Ditto, but ENC MAG CLR, as i did ENC CLR before mercs. Not because I couldn't molo, but because I was friends with a Pally and it gave us a trinity to LFM.

To say ENC are under utilized would be an understatement. Most people really don't understand how to play ENC, only rolling them for the buffs, which is where the stigma sits. A lot of ENC mains are terrible at playing them, as with every other class, but we have a lot more different abilities to not understand.
    Vizier likes this.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

In Sleeper Tomb, where the Wyvrens are immune to paci, mez, etc. I tashed one Wyvren which caused an add. I blured the add on the pull using the 0.5 sec cast blur belt from Depth of Darkhallow. Singles no problem. Have you tried that one?
  13. Midnitewolf Augur

I completely agree. I never understood why charming was flat out destroyed by the nerf bat. To me being able to charm pets at full power was one of the most iconic things about a Chanter and without that, I found I lost interest in playing mine very quickly especially as the crowd control abilities of my chanter got less and less necessary or honestly downright useless.
  14. Szilent Augur

It was nerfed because it was stupendously OP. There, now you understand.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes charm was OP but it has been over nerfed. Charmed pets don't have enough DPS to justify the risk to a group. They should be able to DPS to a point where groups still want ENC to charm. Most groups wont even tolerate it much less suggest it. The risk/benefit is out of balance.
  16. Venjenz_vox Venjenz_bertoxx

Charm wasn't OP, it was just a really effective way to not only deal with raid yard trash, also but turn that trash into a useful weapon against the next boss. Started in 2000/2001 when too few people in too little gear slapped down named bosses in Kael with the help of a bunch of enchanters throwing charmed giants at them.

That was one of the more famous "not according to The Vision" moments in early EQ history, and they nerfed charm in all of Kael as a result. Then they simply extended that nerf to any zone/fight that they wanted fought a specific intended way. Yard trash mechanics are why they nerfed all the other CC methods as well. They wanted specific raids with specific yard trash elements to be fought a specific way. You were never supposed to use unauthorized tools for their designed tasks.

And the charm thinking was funny. They even admitted back in the day that random duration plus the hate mechanic were supposed to limit charm's use to maybe the occasional single group party trick or a soloer testing their bravery. Nobody was ever supposed to get really proficient with it. And they never figured two enchanters would swap charm aggro on the same pet...like whoa! So they simply cancelled it everywhere that it wasn't a single group party trick or for soloers grinding on light blue exp.
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

Best pet my shiny metal [oh my bleeding ears] mages and bst pets both handle things I need raid focus for on grp focus.
  18. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

ok I have read more and see a pattern where this guy thinks necros are more powerful than they actually are (not to say they are not powerful) but there is some irony here that necros use charm with the same restrictions that enchanters have and it is Charm used in ToV to tank named. https://www.youtube.com/c/XellenEverquestTestServer/videos this guy's channel has loads of necro content and has to be the single best repository of info for a necro I have found yet. He struggles with what you assume necro's are doing effortlessly and has an obvious learning curve. BTW necros are near useless in the grp game so I have no qualms with them being able to solo things other's can't since you are better use in a grp setting than they are. 14 spells in 3 seconds my [my bleeding ears]
  19. Rizzin Elder

I wouldn't call a group geared 120 Necro doing 550K ave SDPS useless for a group (and >2M SDPS against named).
    Kazint likes this.