Enchanter in live?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Neemo1983, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Neemo1983 Journeyman

Hello all, i recently started playing again on coirnav as Cleric and finally hit cap and got Epic! woot.

Anyway im looking to make a box toon so i can actually get things done alone, and have been looking at the trusty Enchanter!

I know they are a very strong duo Vanilla-Pop but didnt really play much after that myself so am wondering, is it always a fun duo or would there be a better choice? to go with the Cleric, for duo aa farming and named for a few pps.

Thanks guys
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

3. Rizzin Elder

I would think your biggest issue will be sustained DPS between that combo.
  4. Tyreel Augur

Pretty much any duo with a cleric is lacking something. Once you get to Omens of War and beyond it becomes much harder to progress and get things done with chanter charm pets tanking/dps. Nerfs to the charm pets once OoW hits plus many key places charm mobs are few/hard to get with higher chances of charm breaking randomly make chanter/cleric much weaker. Also two mobs attacking the enchanter while trying to recharm becomes much more of a gamble at many places you will need to go.

I would suggest an SK for most tanking/pulling effectiveness but still low dps. It is usually easier to find dps than anything else if it is just too slow.