Enchanter (Group/Raid) Wish List

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jordis, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jordis Augur

I haven't been able to locate a current thread on Enchanter needs or wants, if there is one please direct me to it.

My number 1 & 2 wishes, based on practical need and expectations in groups and on raids, are an AOE Slow and an AOE Cripple to go with Shaman AOE slow.

We're supposed to be "slowers" om groups, and occasionally on raids. Quite a few people I've grouped with have been surprised to find that we don't have an AOE slow/cripple and that once I've mez'd a bunch of mobs I'm having to go through them one by one to slow after AOE tashing with Bite of Tashini (which should also be upgraded).

Shamans are being expected to heal on raids and we should have something comparable when we have to take over the slowing to free them for other duties as we have done in the past. For that matter, Beastlords should also have an AOE slow for the same reason.

Some nice to have:
    A third aura slot,
    A real snare.
  2. silku Augur

Fix BDB(beguilers and root stacking), that's my number one as a group chanter.

Two, buff shiny bob till he's a god ;)
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Buff up older versions of spells like the newer ones. The new nukes and charms are very powerful, but the lesser versions are very weak and it makes playing an Enchanter under the higher levels very unattractive. Bigger nukes and combined spells like the charm with haste would be welcome at lower levels.

Don't ever make another mob other than a named mob that is immune to run speed changes and mez. It makes me want to kick a baby in the face.

Not sure if others have this problem, but make mercs more attentive to charmed pets. I was playing the other day and my healer merc on balanced and reactive never once buffed or healed my charmed pet. Even after changing pets a few times.
  4. moogs Augur

I think the AE slow for enchanters has been shot down multiple times in the past, but it sure would be nice.

I wish Beguiler's Directed Banishment would Mez and THEN Punt. In that order, because my stupid merc tank chases the punted mob!
  5. Silv Augur

I agree with an AOE Cripple but not slow. AE Slow is a shaman thing- Shaman have always been better at slowing than Enchanters. I think that should be maintained in some fashion. However, we are now the main Cripple class so getting an AE version makes sense. I don't really understand why they gave us an AA version but not spell (AOE).

Bite of Tash was just upgraded a rank this expansion. Don't expect to see another soon. It was a rather lame upgrade IMO- a few more MR but it did get changed to instacast which was nice.

Devs have stated in the past that more-or-less we will NEVER get another aura slot and to stop asking. While I agree it would be awesome, kindof a waste to try asking now. I think the better solution would be make our auras "better" by either combining them into new ones or increasing the power of them.

A few of my "wish" items:

An AE or PBAE damage spell. Not anything comparable to Wiz/Mag damage but it would be nice if we had this in our book.

Restore mob dual wielding OR give us an ability to let charm pets DW/act like they have DW DPS again.

Bump the level limit on charm up to the current PC level cap. If they expect us to charm then they need to stop driving it into the ground or limiting our abilities due to content (T3 ROF and charm is a prime example). I really fail to see how it would be overpowered to charm a Lv. 100 mob at Lv. 100. This would make a lot more content "charm friendly". I'd ask for above the level cap like Mez but I'd settle for less.

Improve Shiny Bob or allow EM foci to work on him or give us an AA line to have a passive pet focus.

Give us an actual useful BP click. I know it's been stated that BP clicks aren't supposed to be REALLY powerful but the current one is a joke.

That's mostly for group content... I really don't know much I would ask for at the moment for raiding.

Fix/change RB and MReverb stacking issues as well as change Ethereal Manip. to something useful again would be my main "raid" wishlist items.
    silku likes this.
  6. Sancho Elder

We need a charm mastery AA that lets us attempt 2 pets at once. Come on you know you want it!

Maybe an illusion override AA that lets us cast a new illusion without dropping the old? I never know what to suggest in these threads.
  7. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

One thing I've always wanted is my runes to absorb DoTs... or at least the spell shield runes, maybe add that functionality to glyph spray. Since the upgrade to AE tash, I really want regular tash to be instant, it's so nice, or at the very least, maybe our new class weapon could have a 75% tash haste or something. I feel I spend half my time tashing things and waiting for universal cool down more then anything. And the time I decide, nah I won't tash this... resist.
  8. Camou the Persistent Augur

General change of Everquest itself.
    I find it a bit very limiting in the means of useability to only have:
    -) 10 spellsets allowed
    -) only 1 set of pet blocked and player blocked buffs each.

These limitations should really fall now. Especially the pet blocked buffs are very uncomfortable since a charmed pet has other spells blocked (e.g. cures and splashes) than our summoned silken curtain that requires basically all kind of heals he can get to survive versus a level 50 mob /sarcasm off.

Enchanter AAs desired:
    Still i would like to be more of service for healing and/or melee classes in the regards of support class. This is not only ADPS but also could mean more direct mana transmission skills, heal supporting aa, or even melee DPS and skill enhancing options.

I would love to see something like Chromatic Haze skill but in the form of how Gracious Mana Gift triggers.

I love Gracious Gift of Mana and would love an AA that allows the triggered effects to be stacked and stored over a longer time and up to a certain amount.

I would also still like to have an AA set that gives me the possibility to take mana from others in group and balance it among the group members with an option to give a super mana boost that lets the members regen quicker for a short period of time.

I would like to have the possibility to give merc the illusions (project merc illusion) i can cast on players, and again demand pet and merc illusions become persistent (Persistent Illusion Companion) to allow zoning.
  9. Reval Augur

I'll second the chromatic haze at random off of nukes idea.

I would also appreciate a bdb fix.

Dot blocking with runes, or even a new spell shield just for dots, or a spell with counters that blocks that many ticks of a dot would be great.

for groups, run 8 sounds good, I still support my idea of being able to switch places with a target (flagged rootable only) mob every 30 seconds or so, with really long range to make pulling easier. Other classes that pull get an impel / straight forward shadow step spell AND run 8. It used to seem to be based on class spells and abilities that make sense, but now these abilities just occur seemingly on a whim. Why do enchanters get neither of these things? (I'll cite paladins as an example for the impel ability as their parent classes never got it, and rogues for increased run speed ability)

As far as raids go, I'd sort of like to see one of two things: either a better tash spell, or a tash cripple combination as that is something that the enchanter class handles almost exclusively (exclusively enough at least). Tash could use a lot of improvements. I'm almost dumbfounded that wizards got instant nukes and tash was not also made instant. It does very little in terms of actual numbers as well. Compare the newest Malosinea line that shaman and mages get (unresistable and for mages it comes in a spell that also casts a nuke...). Those guys are taking 130 off of everything except disease and increasing all incoming magic damage by 10%. We're taking just magic off by 101, and upping chromatic (so that affects us and clerics?) by 10%. I'm glad that we are becoming more powerful dps, but I would hope that it could maybe do a bit more than the mage spell that mages seem to get as a side effect of nuking. It just seems like outdated technology so to speak.

With that said, I like that we are getting runes that seem to be designed to do more when the tank takes an excessively large hit. I think that's great.

I feel like in raids the ability to give mana means less as more classes get amazing mana gain abilities. If there were something to balance out mana like that it would be nice, but I don't view it as something with as much value as the idea used to carry at this point.

an anti-lurch proof field would be ok to have at this point to stop raid mobs from pushing people away, but that's a bit low on my list.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

#1 easy fix to make Enchanters happy (at least those of us who are capable of feeling happy with our class): Change the icon that represents Deep Sleep to a different icon so that we can tell, at a glance, whether a mob with just one debuff icon has Mez or Deep Sleep.

I would like a long-reuse Call of the Hero style ability that I could use to bring in a replacement when someone leaves my group, but we're deep in a dungeon. The long reuse would prevent stepping on Mage toes too much.

How about an instant-cast, very short duration mez spell?

Fixes for Beguiler's Banishment root bug, and making Blanket of Forgetfulness AA unlimited target would be nice bug fixes.

Repair and extend the Gravity Flux line.

Extend Fear spells so that Fear can be used in current content.

I would also like AAs and/or foci to extend the duration of my auras or even make (some of) them permanent.

How about a moratorium on runes, especially self-runes? It's hard to get excited about a 200hp gear upgrade when I'm running around with 300,000 hp in runes.

Not Enchanter-specific, but I'll toss them in anyway:

We should all have maximum bright white light source built in, but at least make Greater Light Stones maximum bright white light.

Oh, and I'd like to be able to play on my iOS devices.
  11. Jordis Augur

The merc chasing the punted mob or breaking mez on a mob can be addressed by adjusting the roles and the stance depending on whether you're soloing or in a group.
  12. Jordis Augur

When people are looking for members of the group they will ask for "Slowers" they mean just that, Shaman or Enchanter and even Beastlords and Bards. With the addition of mitigation the effective difference between even the lower Bard and Beastlord percentage of ATK reduction and the 70% versus Shaman 75% is moot. I think that an AOE or PBAOE Slow/Cripple is a balance issue and not just a matter of "they have it so should we." It's other class players that are asking why we don't have an AOE slow and looking at their benefit. We can't do dps while we're slowing each of those four mobs that showed up after AOE AA tash, and an AOE variety of Mez's. We can't cast runes or glyphs, and so on.

If you ask shamans most of them seem to be quite happy to have the enchanters take over slow in a group, and even on raids when it comes down to it. They have a lot of other things to be doing, and when we're doing a AOE mez, AA or spell, they have to target them and slow them, we could be slowing the same mobs while they're helping keep the tanks up and buffed, the mobs debuffed and dotted, as well as their group. It's not unusual now for raids to have shamans or druids as a group's main healer any more.

The Shamans are not the ones that are supposed to be dealing with crowd control, and it seems to me that slowing that crowd has always been spread out among the classes on an as-needed basis. Long term raid enchanter probably still have hot buttons that inform the raid that the mob is "Enchanter slowed" so that if the shamans can get to it they can give it another mitigated 5%. That doesn't happen often, and most of the raid leaders that I have worked with insist that a slow is a slow, they don't care who does it as long as it gets done.

I disagree that the Shaman has always been better at slowing. Some of their slow spells have a lower ATK reduction percentage than ours. What they have are highly effective dps and statistic buffs for a melee group which is why they are a better choice for melee groups. Even our animation can be buffed up to do some respectable damage. They have slows (lower than 75%) that have a healing proc, and other fancy versions.

Yes, we have the best Cripple, but that's because it's a combination of our early Suffocation and Enfeeblement lines into "Cripple." The only reason that it's a separate spell at all is that the Shaman slow percentage is still 5% higher despite lacking the enfeeblement aspect. 5% isn't much when it comes to varying mitigation. I think that it's also important to look at our current Haste lines, we have corresponding increases in those same stat buffs and more. We have a better stand-alone cripple, but even the slow/cripple version combined with the haste we have a pretty powerful impact on a group's output of dps and decrease in damage taken.

Let's do some basic (and I admit overly simplistic) comparisons. I'll leave out higher versions since most enchanters and other players don't realize that some of the shaman slows are much lower:

Dreary Deeds, our 65 slow and AA slow: Decrease ATK speed by 70%, increase disease counter by 16.

Shaman (70) Hungry Plague: Decrease ATK speed by 40%, increase Disease Counter by 16.
    Shaman (98): Restoring Counterbias Slow: (RK I, II and III) Decrease ATK speed by 75%, Increase Disease Counter by 16.
    Shaman 97: Enalam's Drowse: (RK I, II, III) Decrease ATK speed by 50% PBAE

Our Slow:
    Diminishing Helix, 98, (RK I) - RK III:
    1: Increase Disease Counter by 24. 2: Decrease Attack Speed by 70%. 3: Decrease STR by (265) 292. 4: Decrease AC by (109) 120. 5: Decrease DEX by (265) 292. 6: Decrease AGI by (265) 292. 7: Decrease Dual Wield by (15%) 17%.

CRIPPLE:
    Shaman Crippling Spasm (66): 1: Decrease DEX by 100. 2: Decrease AGI by 100. 3: Decrease AC by 39.
    VS
    Demolished Consciousness (96) 1: Decrease DEX by (264) 291. 2: Decrease AGI by by (264) 291. 3: Decrease STR by (264) 291. 4: Decrease AC by (109) 120. 5: Decrease Dual Wield by 15%) 17%.

I'd add that a trigger telling us when they're about to wear off, or wear off (on all of them) would be nice too.

I agree with all of those and I agree that if charm is going to allow us to balance out with other classes that have pets to do current content we should at least have a shot at it with a charmed pet.
  13. Jordis Augur

I think those are great ideas.

The mercenary issues should be addressed. Our mercs can get turned into werwolves and wolves
    They should alsoohave more spell buff slots if we can't block unnecessary buffs such as clarity on a tank. We should be able to illusion the mercs just as we do other players, in part to shrink them.

If the illusion giving them a bit of a boost in some stat is an issue then why wolves and werwolf stat boosters?
  14. Silv Augur

You missed a major point here- Hungry Plague is a disease resist-based check AND viral slow. It isn't really a valid comparison at all. Shaman received a disease based slow in Luclin, another in PoR (what you listed), and another upgrade finally in RoF. They are the only class able to slow on 100% MR mobs so that is part of the reason why I think they are the top slowing class.

I agree that the 5% once mitigated is minor and you make a good argument for giving us an AE Slow. However, I think it's a bit flawed to suggest "shaman already have enough to do" so lets give it to Enchanters instead. I know that I am always busy in groups/raids already and adding one more *MUST* on top of my job isn't something I'd be crazy about. On raids my top debuffing priority is tash, cripple, and THEN if a mob still isn't slowed I'll cover with AA slow.

I would never frown at getting an AA Slow but I'm also against constantly farming out of abilities so I just rather see something more in line with our class, thus why I would be satisfied with AE Cripple :)
  15. Casidia Augur

Some ideas are way over board imo...
    like AE slows, that was never part of what Enchanters stand for and should stay with Shms only.
    Or Snares, come on...this is not us, and never will be.

We are a pretty powerful class already, and recently we had our DPS upgraded nicely as well.
    We had our pbae returned, in a bit weaker form but still much appreciated.
    When i compare to what my ranger alt got in ROF for new AAs and stuff, i must say they really gave us a big kiss, and asking for stuff like AE slows now sounds just greedy.
    Oh and we alrdy have a version of AE cripple...sparkle. Not exactly the same, but still fun.

Some things that come to mind instead, small fixes/upgrades to existing stuff...
    2nd spire could regen more mana, considering how powerful cleric mana boosts are now.
    A new dire charm limit, with L100 now it would make perfect sense to allow up to L90 mobs be dire charmed. You can hardly use it in new content anyways, but might be fun when going back a bit.
    A real mass blur, might as well make it unlimited mobs in an area around the caster. It's been an annoying one forever now, and blur is part of our class basics.
    Could also increase our mastery of the past AAs, since Chanters are masters of mind control and it would make sense to not fizzle on something as trivial as a L97 nuke ^^
  16. Silv Augur

When comparing what we "got" relative to other classes in ROF- you have to consider the "net" gain. All we got was reinstatement of what we could already do for 12 years but with a higher penalty now and some nifty AD(defense/damage)PS abilities/spells.

I'd be happy with our current AE cripple if it actually had a reasonable recast (like... almost none at all given the level of vs. current version).

Elidroth has referenced his hatred for the "Spires" for quite some time, so again, as long as he reigns, seems a waste of energy to even dream for it.

I like the rest of your suggestions though!
  17. Silv Augur

Enchanters rejoice (if you haven't seen test patch notes) and we get something on the wish list:

A fix to both spell and AA AE Memblur is going onto test tonight (and hopefully live next week with HOF release)! They have increased the number of targets that the spell/AA will affect to 100 (targets - not level).

Yay for feedback?!
    silku likes this.