Enchanter Epic 1.0. Please reduce mob spawn timers on TLP

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Evade2019, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Recently returned to EQ after 18 real life years to roll on Mangler. I’m dismayed to find out even after all these years, the spawn timers for Verina Tomb, Tangrin, plane of fear wraith, and Vessel Drozlin are still multiple days long.

Considering TLPs have reduced expansion timers, maybe we can consider reducing the timer of quest mobs across the board?... the challenge should be the mob itself, not some artificially created bottleneck that forces players to sit in a room for up to 7 real life days in order to have a chance of killing a mob for their epic.

Thank you for your consideration
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

I think I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, I see your point that epics will be scarce due to the timing, on the other hand I feel like they'll be too easy to get if you adjust the timers down. That's the point of the epics, they are supposed to be very rare around their period, people moving into future expansions usually makes any camp waits/competition less problematic. (In theory, some people admittedly still kill named classic mobs for the heck of it on Vox...)

Since we're talking TLP, I feel like you'd still run into issues related to competition & farming even with a 3.5 day timer for the non-instances mobs. Eitherway I agree that it would be nice if they adjusted the timer to correspond with the instance lockout timer period rules on the new servers.
  3. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

I concur with OP
  4. Madcat1983 Journeyman

@kermitthe froglok then remove VSR From the game a short cut for some class's to get there epic kill

giving short cuts for one or 2 class's but not all is rather strange they could easily increase spawn rate or make it a Hand in spawn for ench

Making people sit in a zone and wait for days is not very engaging
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Raising the dead is engaging. #necrolyfe