Enchanter Epic 1.0 Bottlenecks

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Gbab, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Gbab New Member

I have been sitting for several days camping Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin, on a TLP server. Enchanter's primary role on raids is Haste, Clarity and Magic resists. Yes other classes can individually buff Magic resist and slower versions of Haste. I would like to finish my epic 1.0 to make the quality of life for several of my guildies better for not having to wait for me to get buffs finished in order to engage a boss. Sitting at a spawn point for a mob that will be contented when it spawns and cause anger between players and the managers of the game (Daybreak) is not beneficial for anyone in the game. I enjoy this game tremendously. Several players have asked developers to look at doing something about these epic encounters that cause bottlenecks. You have done this for other classes. Examples of this are the Venril Sathir Remains, An Undead Bard or more recently fixing Marl Kastane. This especially is an issue on TLP servers, when expansions are released at an accelerated rate. Please look at this for the sake of your Enchanter community here are several reasons why I have been unable to get it finished:
    1) I have a job and am required to be away from Everquest for several hours at a time.
    2) I have to sleep (otherwise number 1 would suffer greatly).
    3) This causes contention that is unhealthy in the community.
    4) I have seen Verina and or Vessel spawn but the mob was engaged long before I could get people to help.

Suggestions:
    Move the loot drops to actual raid bosses (Innoruuk's Word) seems like a good drop for Innoruuk himself.
    Make spawning Vessel Drozlin a sub quest sort of like the Snow Blossoms.
    Change the Wraith of a Shissar to spawn in the AoC instance.
  2. Conq Augur

We had telephone numbers of guildies across the world for when Ragefire spawned in Skyfire for the cleric epics and a 6 man crew on standby to call everyone in when it happened. That was the only way to get them back then (circa 2000-2002) because they were all so contested. Now you're unhappy with the watered down version of the way back machine that you pay to exclusively play on your TLP server? Ya'll are different, just different.
    Conq
  3. Gbab New Member

4. Flounder-Coirnav New Member

Totally agree with the above possible solutions.

Huge issue on TPS- not uncommon to see 5+ lvl 1 DE bots waiting 3+ days just for a pop.

Then go to raids and see other classes epics by the dozens (warriors, shaman, monk, cleric, druid, ranger, on and on) and not one enchanter has theirs, sad. Last raid 6 enchanters zero epics.

Please look into this Daybreak, it really needs to be addressed
  5. Gbab New Member

If you agree with this I would suggest you create an account on the https://dgcissuetracker.com website. Vote for EQ-758 or EQ-1669. I don't know how else to put it on their radar.
  6. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Bump for change
  7. Dovhesi Elder

I would love to see enchanter epic item effects upgraded for end-game content/spells, possibly via completion of an associated quest or combine inwhereto you are able to convert your not-so-current low-lvl epic effects into lvl 110 utility and worthiness (i.e. speed of shissar converted to speed of milyex, dmg absorbed by protection of the eye/aegis of abstraction increased to be more than only 1500/1800 dmg, respectively.

It would be amazing if epics could be developed with the capacity to "evolve" with current content through completion of quests/combines/whatevers and retain their significance and usefulness for all classes thru end-game. I am not qualified to speak for any other classes, but epics should be just that, epic. At lvl 110, enchanters currently have no benefit from obtaining their epics (except for an ach checkmark or, in my case, to be able to quest for epic ornamentations /wink).

tl;dr #makechanterepicsgreatagain
  8. Smakk Journeyman

Funny, DBG fixed the timer on the Marl spawn due to an outcry of SKs on the TLP servers saying how crazy unfair and what a huge bottleneck such a long respawn timer creates. But the same thing exists for the enchanter epic and all you hear is crickets!

I believe this can be easily fixed, just account for the time the original expansion was out and divide that by time the TLP is on. I believe Kunark was out almost a year before Velious came out. If I'm playing on a TLP server that has 6week unlocks, a mob like Tome that would spawn regularly 2-7 days on a live server, she would spawn 8 times faster, 24hr +/- 8hr. If I was on a server that has 12week unlocks, she would spawn 4 times faster, 36hr +/- 8hr.

All epic mobs should be revisited in such a way, it wouldn't be game changing, just adjusting for the shorten timeframe on each expac now.
    Faydark likes this.