Enchanter duo

Discussion in 'Casters' started by took2summit, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Gnomeland Augur

No you won't. There are a lot of weaknesses to using pet tanks. Plane of War mobs, for example, will simply ignore them, and there's no way for pets to hold aggro when not attacking, which is required in certain cases. You'll have a lot of DPS, sure, but with pet aggro where it is presently, you won't be able to make use of it without silent casting, and both mercenary wizards and charm pets don't have that. Enchanters who want to charm need to keep that in mind.

Warrior + enchanter is the most versatile set up. It's a lot harder to get going early on, but there is no content that warriors cannot tank, and you'll always have the option to run a wizard mercenary and a charm pet because warriors require a lot less healing than mage pets and are able to hold aggro off of those even on burn. The enchanter handles all crowd control, slow/haste, and provides DPS with charm & nukes. The warrior just has to press a few buttons to hold aggro.

Another choice for face tank enchanters is enchanter + wizard, as said above, though I'm not sure how well face tank works for "all content," so I'd go with warrior + enchanter just to be safe.
  2. Rhaage Augur

I'd vote SK or War and would probably depend on your playstyle.

If you are more about taking out bigger targets one at a time, the War will have better tools to tank nameds & require less healing.

If you're more about setting up camps for non-stop killing, I believe the SK will give the group a faster pace.

... is the "slayer" achievements or "hunter" achievements more aligned with your gameplay?
  3. fransisco Augur

Definately Mage.

An enchanter can slow, cripple, mental contort mobs, plus runes and runic aura. There is no difficulty tanking any named with a ranger when a enchanter is there.

Mage gives you a tank you don't need to micomanage, and casters are soo much easier as a box than melee. Plus, WAY WAY WAY better dps combo than chanter/tank

I regularly chanter/mage and its awesome.
    I actually spend more time on chanter, but then I always have charm pets. Its an unstoppable combo.
  4. Silv Augur

This makes my heart hurt :p
    Reht and Mintalie like this.
  5. Mintalie Augur

And mine.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Indeed. All the cool kids are rocking Learners Aura, eh?
  7. Brohg Augur

Was doodling around on magician alt the other day to get some TBM mission checkmarks - 103 enc definitely running Enticer's & Learner's aura the whole time. Didn't know the guy, didn't feel like getting into it, just finished the evening and moved on…
    Silv likes this.
  8. Yimin Augur

Mage/Enc

Yi Min
  9. Damezza Augur

Mage/chanter > beastlord/chanter?
  10. Yimin Augur

Don't know if Mage/Enchanter > Beastlord/Enchanter , but id rather a Bst/Bard combo for the Bst ..

YiMin
  11. Rizzin Elder

Bring out yer dead!

I don't think Enchanters are tanking any longer, fwiw (rune nerfs).