Enchanter duo

Discussion in 'Casters' started by took2summit, Jan 25, 2016.

1. took2summit New Member

I currently main an enchanter and am considering to start boxing. My goal would be to be able to duo most group content nameds and missions. My options are:

1. Wizard and use tank and healer merc
    2. Mage use pet tank and a healer and wiz merc
    3. Sk/pal and use healer and wiz merc

Any other ideas/suggestions would be great! Thanks.
  2. Reval Augur

Do a warrior. You don't have cast times so it's easier to box even if at times it is less powerful than a pally or sk.
  3. strongbus Augur

what i think

1st. wizard = lots of dps but one healer to keep a tank merc up in upper content/names will be hard to do.

2nd. mage will work great if they fix the pet aggro issue going on atm.(they lower the aggro a pet makes when melee to the point where pet tanks can't hold aggro over a wet paper bag). If they do fix it then go for it. just a suggestion have one of the account have 2 mercs. so you can switch between a wiz merc or 2nd healer merc for names.

3rd. Having a real tank would work great( you have to main the tank and box the ench to get the fullest out of the tank for holding aggro. Again have one account have 2 mercs to change between depending on mobs)
  4. took2summit New Member

I forgot one option. Box wiz and use healer merc wiz merc. Can ench tank end game named stuff?
  5. Silv Augur

Most of it. More a matter of how much effort you want to put into doing it. If you're lazy like me... well, then, no :p
  6. Reval Augur

If you like grouping with other people, I'd go with the warrior. It really opens up grouping possibilities and can make the game more enjoyable. Even though enchanters can tank, warriors can tank much better, and with the right group you'll be able to do just about anything.
  7. Silv Augur

^Agree. /gasp

Tanking as an Enchanter detracts away from soooooo much more you could possibly be doing that is way more fun and productive.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Shadowknight ench has better synergy and compliment each other pretty well, and at the level we're not vastly inferior tanks like at the raid level. The only downside is dps sucks, but it sucks more with War-ench so meh.

Sk ench wiz merc clr merc or double wiz mercs is decent
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

Like vodka, gin, jack, Chardonnay, champagne, tequila, beer. . . . the list goes on!

but onto the topic. . .
    an enchanter can face tank most content. warriors, sks, pallys will be better at it but an enchanter can do it.

Personally I'd recommend a wizzy, mage or a druid.
    Wizzy is going to provide Raw DPS needed to kill stuff before you get to distracted. Run 2 wizzy's mercs with this, watch things melt.
    Mage lets you use a pet to tank and provides some DPS. Run wizzy/healer merc with this
    Druid lets you heal, snare and do DPS. Charm killing is very VERY effective. adding in snare is unfair in most cases. Run some combination of wizzy or healer merc.

Never go tank merc. They are worse than shiny bob.
    Addler likes this.
  10. RPoo Augur

A second enchanter.
  11. Reval Augur

I grouped with a friend and we both played enchanters, and it was really good. But it seemed a bit too busy to box appropriately doing what we did.
  12. strongbus Augur

i ask here cause its the same thing. what would everyone say for a ench 3 box i have access to 2 box accounts one has a level 85 mage or 101 bst. other has a 104 shamm and a 75 wiz. and my ench is 75 atm
  13. Trick New Member

Echoing what has been said above. If you want to truly duo, I think the mage is your strongest choice. Mage easily handles yellow mobs at any zone in the game. You'll be able to handle most named, but you will have a limit on what you can take. Plus, a mage puts out fantastic DPS. It's not wizard or zerker dps, but mobs melt.

Now a strong, high-AA'd group geared warrior with an enchanter owns a lot of content and fits well in any group. With a warrior, I can pull a frightening number of mobs on the warrior and just lock them down. Warriors with their new discs are rock solid against any group content. But if you are truly duoing, your dps will be lower than other options. Because my warrior is max-AA, I tend to park him pulling him out when I run into a nut too tough for chanter/mage.

Wizards are incredible DPS and enchanters make them shine. It's a nice combination and you can have fun in groups. But if you want to duo names at the higher end, this isn't your combination. Merc tanks used to rock, but they kind of marginally suck these days. And if you're trying to keep a tank merc up with a cleric merc, it's not going to be fun.

My choice of the three for duoing would be mage. But I do love my warrior. He awes me.
  14. Reval Augur

I've grouped with SK's a lot. It's neat that chromatic haze and illusions of grandeur help out with lifetaps, that's solid synergy. I played the enchanter a lot harder than I played the warrior back when I boxed a lot. I'd always have a charmed pet, and pull at the same time. If charm broke, being able to tab back to the warrior and target/instantly taunt the pet was very nice to have as an ability. Outside of taunt, how much aggro with no cast time do SK's get? Nowadays though I don't charm as much. I could probably do just as well or maybe better with an SK if I knew the class in groups even though I don't utilize the pulling ability of the sk. I admit it!

But, that said, I went warrior because my guild needed warriors. They were most of the way to breaking into Tacvi when I made him. I won't deny that SK's are fun, but Daybreak needs to give them group stamina regen, and quintouple riposte aa's to increase dps and lure them into using 2h all the time!!!
  15. Zezack Journeyman

Mage + Enchanter

No Question. You will be able to do anything in game, whenever you so choose.
  16. Silentchaos Augur

Wizard, use the enchanter to tank you dont need a tank merc.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  17. Mintalie Augur

^^ Chanters are amazing but require a lot of work to tank stuff. I, too, am lazy, so I run mage + enchanter (and now + druid). Mage and enchanter is fabulous. I've never played a wizzy so unsure how much work is involved in them tanking, but I presume it's as labor-intensive as a chanter. Go with a mage so the pet can tank, the chanter can offer utility and CC and some DPS too, and the mage can DPS. Two healer mercs will make your life easy.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Imminent Journeyman

I dup a Chanter/Necro and haven't had any issue killing group named in any of the current expansions. Mage would work too, I just prefer all the utilities offered by both Chanter and Necro class. Generally run 1 cleric Merc and a wiz merc, except for namer, where I swap in a 2nd cleric merc and just burn away.
    Rizzin likes this.
  19. Blurred_Memories Augur

Might seem weird... but consider two enchanters with one wizard merc and one healer merc.... its surprising how effective it is.... its like having two tanks, two cc, two dps, and one point five healers with only 4 bodies. there's only been a few group missions and maybe a couple named i needed help with.

I started boxing a mage with my chanter for a while until i decided to level up a second chanter for a second guild... in the process of getting her aa count up, i found it easier with two enc than with the mage box.... i'm sure this is mostly due to me having played a chanter for many years and the mage for only a few months. but you said you mained a chanter, so this might be easier for you too.
    Sabreinah and RPoo like this.
  20. RPoo Augur

I always wondered why there were two blurred(x). I was going to ask oen day but you must have been reading my mind chanterlike.