Enchanter dps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Derd, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Derd Augur

Just a question to any raiding chanters please. I'm being told by our chanters that even burning they do not lose mana on raids, since they can't cast spells fast enough due to high regen. I'm fine with being wrong but I have no way of actually knowing. I'm not asking for dps numbers but if you could give me a range that I could be looking at them being at on our parse it would be a huge help.
  2. Brohg Augur

Enchanter mana use is highly mitigated by several factors that don't apply to everyone, but it's not nearly unlimited since Mind Storm nerf. If your raid force has many more beastlords and bards than mine, perhaps their additions keep your enc full power full time indefinitely.
  3. Nylrem Augur

Frankly, all casters need higher DPS spells with extravagantly high mana costs, and thus the ability to determine for themselves when to sacrifice mana for DPS gains.

However, if you enchanters are finishing every event full mana, I'm guessing there's a bit (a GOOD bit) more they could be doing, DPS wise.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

You can burn it when you need to. If we couldn't, T2 Raid 3 Vault would be an issue.
  5. Nylrem Augur

Drown, Bewilder Constr, Mindsunder, Mind Storm, Chromarift... how often do those show up in your chanter's spell parse... if they able to sustain full mana for entire raid fights? Are they parsing over 100k DPS for longer (3+ minute) fights?
  6. Ismel Augur

if they are not losing mana they are doing it wrong, "best dps" is Dicho > Mindstorm > Drown > Bewildering > then rotate Mindsunder> Drown > Drown until Dicho is up again, and then you start over with recasting the dots, (This timing only work with type 3 augs and dot extension aa)
    if you are using DoT haste tribute it may be better to cast 3 drown after Mindsunder to avoid the delay until Mindsunder is ready again, I am still debating that as it is also less synergy, but that is a really hard thing to measure.

Doing this will drain your mana faster then most int casters even using spire robe and Gather mana,
    a less dps but also less mana use and a good use for Calculated insanity is to rotate: Mindsunder > Mindcleave > Polyrefractive assult as drown do not use Calculated insanity counters those 3 nukes should be multibound in that order to ensure faster casting.

if you are grouped with a bard, druid and the raid got plenty of beast mgb´s you can sustain the later rotation for a really long time especially if you get interrupted with buff requests cc or other low mana use things.
    That said if your Enchanter/s got more then 50% mana They need to stop slacking and cast the drown rotation. giving numbers is a huge minefield it depends a lot on raid, group set up and what raid you are doing. But for your case its sufficient to tell em to get going with Mindsunder/drown rotation and getting mana down wont be a problem.

Disclaimer: "best dps" is solely my personal best guess at the most dps I can put out, but I am quite happen with the spell set up atm.
    Brohg and kizant like this.
  7. Tyreel Augur

If the question was more intended for Vault raid, an even faster way than spamming drown to lose mana is clicking Azure and Sanguine Mindstone AAs even if you already have one of each. Also you can click off Paragon or even gift of mana from bard song window when your spamming drown... Plus you can click off the regen part of our Dicho. it is in main buff window.
  8. RPoo Augur

i just spam mind storm when i'm trying to get in the range.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  9. Fian Augur

Why cast dicho before dots? I normally cast dicho before nukes. As for my experience raiding with various mana return items like Tooth and Tome of Obulous, my mana goes down slowly, but it does go down which can be an issue in longer fights. Alliance spell is also a mana hog if you have enough enchanters in your raid to bother casting it.
  10. kizant Augur

I'm afraid you have lazy enchanters. :(
  11. Derd Augur

Thanks for the input. No we are still in Tbm, for example high bokon raid adds and boss take us close to time limit.
  12. Ismel Augur

I cast dicho before dots due to ease of timing for dots, and due to dot spell haste tribute they cast faster then nukes making it easier to use up all counters for dicho.
  13. Ismel Augur

For High Bokon adds all enc´s should cast Mindstorm and Drown on each mob before anything else.
  14. RPoo Augur

they die too fast to get two dots on!
    Sancus likes this.
  15. tmplatten Lorekeeper

death reduces your mana regen significantly
  16. tmplatten Lorekeeper

you are funny hehe