Enchanter charm break question

Discussion in 'Casters' started by yung, Jul 16, 2019.

1. yung New Member

I'm kind of new to the enchanter world and I had something happened that I couldn't quite explain.

I charmed an NPC and gave it buffs. This NPC was a druid so she had 3-4 buffs of her own. I added haste and then a cleric added two other buffs. I engaged a mob with this pet and things went downhill.

Halfway through the fight my pet started beating on me. Usually when charm breaks, the pet window usually disappears and I am able to recast charm, but this time around my pet window was still up and I still see my charm spell on the pet. All the while it is still beating on me. This particular mob we attacked is not known to charm anything himself.

What in the world happened? Did i experience a bug or something that happens very rarely where the charm pet breaks and the UI won't let me recharm it? Did the pet have too many buff/debuffs on the list and my charm got cancelled?
    Skewert likes this.
  2. yung New Member

Oh I should add that this is on TLP Mangler (Kunark) and I charmed a level 50 druid and beating on a level 60 mob.
  3. kizant Augur

It's a bug and it's been going on for a little while now. You won't get a message that charm is broken and the pet window stays up for some reason. Just like you're saying.

Someone made an issue in the bug tracker. People should up vote it.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2358
  4. yung New Member

Thank you for that link. That definitely describes what i'm seeing!
  5. Rogue-loving Chanter New Member

This happens frequently and is a real PITA. I have put in a bug notice on it and another chanter on my server has reported it frequently. It really hurts game play for us...not that we are a class they care about.
  6. Skewert Lorekeeper

Has anybody experienced this on non-TLP servers?
  7. Moldar Augur

Yes, a few Enchanters in my guild have experienced this both in Groups and in Raids. It is a bug affecting all Servers.
    Lannin likes this.