Enc nerf experience from a raid perspective

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Numzan Augur

not on live, the devs found ways to make me retire.... Sadly 12 accounts all live 100 lvl all sitting there with unpaid AA's and forced to spend them. Once i returned i had no idea what was changed. I wasnt about to spend 10 hrs figuring it all over again. So i logged off and said bye to live servers. NO you cant have my stuff you begger (10000)
  2. Midnitewolf New Member

Jumping into the middle of the conversation here but I would like to say this is right on the money and the major problem with most MMOs.

One of the things about EQ that I always felt made it unique was that as a straight up PvE game, the classes really didn't have to be balanced against each other. Necros were the King of DoTs and straight up the class you wanted to play if you wanted to be independent of groups but if you played a Necro, you knew going in that it didn't have group utility so you would be about the least desired class in any group situation. If you played a Cleric, you had the opposite experience, lots of desirability for groups and tons of social opportunities but you couldn't really solo at all, at least back in the day.

Point is there doesn't have to be balance between classes. Just because an Enchanter or Druid or Mage or whatever can do a bit higher parses, doesn't mean no one will roll a Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Rogue or whatever. Each and every class in EQ has something it can do better than other classes or a play style that caters to a specific personality, that is why people chose classes.

So at the end of the day, nerfs, especially big ones that change completely how a class plays or what the can and can't do just lead to people quitting.