Enc/Clr or Enc/Dru?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grenlar, May 11, 2021.

1. ikarinokamii Elder

enc/shaman is also really good once past classic
  2. TheTone Elder

As others have mentioned, it's really all about how you value each class's utility, how you like to manage your charm pets, and whether or not you like to double charm in some instances.

If you like to grab a charm pet, load it with gear and buffs, and then wreak havoc - go Cleric. The druid will really struggle to keep up with healing the pet.

If you like to cycle thru charm pets and kill them as they get low in health, go Druid.

There's definitely arguments for both...personally, ENC / DRU is my go-to Duo. Absolutely lethal in Chardok.
  3. Baratu New Member

I've done both, but I only played enc/dru during the PoP era. I've boxed enc/clr on Aradune since classic.

I prefer ENC/CLR. I like having rez, CH, and the best HP buffs in the game. And their power ceiling is a bit higher IMO.

But ENC/DRU is fun too. Loved always having a good DS on the charm pet, extra dps, and low maintenance dire charm DPS in zones like PoFire. And if you ever want to PL another box, or some friends, or make some extra cash PL'ing lowbies - enc/dru is obviously amazing for that. Clarity, haste, DS, regen, sow, int/wis/str buffs, etc.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I've done it but it feels hectic.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

If the druid tries, yes. The better option is to periodically mez and blur the pet. It'll regen in 30 seconds.
  6. Ruination Elder

I did Ench / Wiz on Aradune launch as my first box because those were my fave classes.
    I'll be honest, it was rough till level 10 as I died prolly 25+ times between the two of em, but after lvl 10 I was cruising to cap with charm, rains, stuns and ports.

The Wizard was an easy box dropping rains and sitting every pull while the charm pet tanked.

Def not ideal, but it was very powerful xping box due to superfast kill speed and easy to sustain
  7. Grenlar Journeyman

Ok, I have another question to add here. I think I am pretty set on the Enchanter/Cleric route again. For years now each time we played my wife ended up playing the Cleric. On Mangler she wanted to try a Bard and was bored so she took over the Cleric and I made the Ranger. The problem is that she loves the Cleric but hates the responsibility in raids so we are leaning away from that for her.

So if I am playing an Enchanter/Cleric what do you recommend for a third?
  8. Grenlar Journeyman

The wife just said she is interested in playing a Druid. Thoughts on Enc/Clr/Dru? The possibility for two mains with charm, cleric buffs, druid DS, heals, dots, ports, sow. Seems like it would be a great combo for the two of us. We do have others that we play with so there will be others filling roles, although none of them seem to want to play any plate classes.