Empires of Kunark on sale, but what about DBC?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kahlev Al-Calen, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Last year, when TBM was on sale right before EoK was launched, DBG made it also purchaseable (at full price) using DBC. Will EoK be available this year to be purchased using DBC in the same way, or is it this time a "cash only" deal?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually it was on sale for DBC from July 18 thru August 31 last year. EOK launched in November with pre order in Oct same as this upcoming expansion. So I doubt they are going to offer EOK for sale buyable with DBC this year or they would have by now. But then again my crystal ball is kinda cloudy today but expected to be sunny tomorrow
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Hope they do! Have some dbc burning a hole in my pocket, would love to spend it on collector's upgrade
  4. smash Augur

Personnally i would not put expansions out for sale through dbc.

Simply because i give 500 dbc out for free each month. It would cost me income doing so.

But then i am not running eq.
  5. Numiko Augur

They should sell it for Krono's
  6. Roxxlyy Augur

The current EoK sale does not include DBC expansion purchases, and we don't currently have any plans to offer that option in the foreseeable future.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

Sometimes I think in Daybreak's world the foreseeable future is the end of today's shift.....
    NameAlreadyInUse and CatsPaws like this.
  8. fransisco Augur

they give dbc away for free.
    selling an expac for dbc would be stupid.

Kronos are cash already spent. Giving away expacs for kronos is the same thing. Not making any money.

The more money eq makes, the better development attention it receives.
    Instead of wanting everything for free, consider spending a little to get something worthwhile.
    Skewert, Derd, Brohg and 1 other person like this.
  9. Randragon Augur

I think the best thing would be to take that 500 SC they give every month and rename that Loyalty Cash. Because DBC can also be money you put on your account as well. So you should be able to buy the expansion with either a single transaction on their website or in game if you bought DBC with a monetary transaction.

Then make it so certain items will ask if you want to buy it with Loyalty Cash or DBC. Then just make the expansions only purchasable with DBC money or on their website with a CC etc.

Just spit-balling here is all.
    Skewert likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

You are going to make some people mad with this rational kind of thinking...
    fransisco likes this.
  11. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

They give all but the last 2 expansions for free anyways, so selling the second to last one at normal dbc price (like 5.5k?) would help them take some of that free dbc out of circulation each year.
  12. smash Augur

First thing they have said no.

Second you get 6k a year, so it would be give away for free, when they can get money. Would be bad business. First expansions for free, bait to get people to play.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

the owners are still in talks to get the Dev's checks to be in DBC but the Dev's wifes are saying no.
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  14. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Actually, DBC is not free. When the cost of subs was increased from 10/mo to 15/mo, DBC was added to increase value of subs. (Anyone have link?)... And some folks bought sc/DBC back when expansions were still being offered for sc/DBC, thinking the trend would continue. Apparently it will not, but it is certainly not free. I don't see the harm in allowing collectors edition upgrade for DBC... It takes that $$ line and accounts for it, rather than leaving it as a pending cost owed and as yet unaccounted for until "spent"
  15. Leigo You come here often?

I've been playing EQ for over 12yrs and its always been 14.99/mo USD. So the price did not increase when SC/DBC came about.

However, I do agree offering an expansion upgrade for DBC would be wonderful. Of course this means you must own the basic expansion.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

The subscription cost changed many, many years before stationcash/daybreakcash existed. There was no marketplace of any kind.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  17. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Hrm, I must be conflating the two then and merging them in memory to one event.... Been playing since 99 so that's quite possible that I remember both events and merged them in my head, lol, sorry. Regardless, the DBC is part of paying a monthly subscription, so not entirely free, still a perk for paying every month. So I apologize for remembering wrong, thanks for the fact check. Should have checked rather than assuming I remembered right :). I think maybe, then, it was that they added all access when they increased sub price? Or am I merging those two events also?
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

1999 EQ is released at 9.99
    April 25 2001, the new monthly subscription rate will be $12.95/month.
    June 2005 EverQuest monthly fees were hiked from $12.99 to $14.99 per month
    Daybreak cash (Sony Station Cash) went live with the patch on 12/09/2008.
    Some of the Station Cash sales were donated to charity in 2009.
    March 2012 EQ went F2P.

Not sure this helps anyone but interesting that they really have not raised the price much in all these years. Meanwhile this $5 Big Macburger used to be around $2 in 1999 and much bigger. :D
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Leigo You come here often?

Right! now they need to put quarter pound paddies on that bad boy and then they can call it a Big Mac!
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Original price wasn't $9.99, it was actually $9.89 (after 989 Studios).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Drusi like this.