Emp encounter bugged. Selo's ruined. Fix for Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Mar 23, 2019.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The following mobs are all part of the Emp Ssra encounter and should be leashed to his room

Heriz the Malignant
    Slakiz the Malignant
    Nilasz the Devourer
    Yasiz the Devourer
    Grziz the Tormentor
    Skzik the Tormentor
    Zlakas the Slayer
    Klazaz the Slayer
  2. Clove New Member

As someone who has both kited the adds and tanked the adds: it really doesn't matter. Stop the flop and twitch and realize that this isn't game breaking and the devs should be concentrating their resources in more meaningful areas, like the necromancer dot revamp

Edit: Everquest encounters in the early eras were never meant to be scripted and linear. Stop trying to turn this game into whatever your worldview of "fair" is.
    Protagonist likes this.
  3. Rile Lorekeeper

Our guild on Coirnav kited them pretty much every single time for the kill. Its not against any rules, it can be quite difficult to get the initial kite setup working and usually requires a lot of deaths from a lot of pullers

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat

The "Selo's is ruined" comment is a bit dramatic lol, I'd love to hear your reasoning behind that
  4. VandilIzer Augur

Even if they were leashed to his room, they arent exactly hard to deal with, mez half tank half. Kiting is certainly a reasonable way to deal with them as well, at most they are an annoyance, if you can tank/heal Emp you already have the ability to win this encounter, the adds mean next to nothing.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Selo's is a racing server that starts in SoL. AoW was/is harder then Emp and anything in SoL which kinda just ruins at least the Luclin expansion IMO.

The fight is massively easier if your chanters can be charming and if you have more knights to taunt of what is effectively a DT with a SoL start.

Anyways a few years back when they made EMP leashed to his roam for this very reason. But whoever did that only leash blood/emp and not the mobs that are part of the EMP encounter.
  6. Rile Lorekeeper

Guess we disagree there

I think there are only 2 guilds that are actually racing on this server, so that doesn't define the entire server based off of 2 highly competitive guilds choosing to play it that way

I'm having a blast just duo boxing and hunting in zones that I've never been in before. I joined a guild that has the same mindset, we're all just having fun enjoying the faster experience rates and aren't racing anyone. There is a healthy amount of people throughout all of the level ranges that you can group with as well

I'm wearing garbage leather/raw-hide for all of my slot pieces at the moment and having a blast... Leveling is actually fun when the experience rates aren't complete trash like Coirnav... and I'm still buying XP potions, clarity potions, SoW potions, etc

Maybe these servers will be the proof that DBG needs that they don't need to torture people with slow XP rates in order to sell potions. On Coirnav, leveling felt like work.. on Selos, its actually fun!

This would be a terrible server if 100% of the population was racing.. its cool those 2 guilds are choosing to do that, I've had fun watching some of their streams/videos.. they're definitely as hardcore as it gets and I applaud them for that, but I would say that those 2 guilds make up a very small percentage of the overall population
  7. Xhartor Augur

Pulling the add's out of his room and kiting them was the general response to him and the blood being leashed in his room. Generally whoever pulls them out of the room eats DT, other then that you just kite around the tube room that goes to the basement. Might take a pull or 2 get them all out, it isn't that difficult and gives unkeyed people something to do.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

K
  9. Imdead Augur

Have these mobs ever been leashed? If not, there's nothing to "fix", you're asking them to change the game.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Clove New Member

^^There's your answer. People want to change the way the game has been for 19+ years as its suddenly "broken". Little consideration to the possibility that the way the may have done it "back in the day" was inefficient and people have found better ways to do it. There are now more efficient ways to isolate Cazic Thule in Plane of Fear and Tunare in Plane of Growth that were likely not considered 15+ years ago.