EM18 v 24

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Gandaalf, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Gandaalf New Member

I have a piece of 'chase' loot I am looking to trade for the EM24 earring. Is it worth it to do a straight up trade or is the 'Tanking' power from EM18 - > EM24 not that significant?

Main targets are EOK T2 bosses
  2. ShadowMan Augur

It helps but not significantly. For the insane prices some of these go for you are 100 times better off and its way cheaper to buy eok for another acct get a box up with one months payment and then run a ftp support toon.
  3. fransisco Augur

em24 will see a significant increase in pet dps, but all the raiders say it doesn't give a huge tanking benefit.

Although every bit helps
  4. Duhbeast Augur

The value of the 24 em earing tradable is probably greater than most of the other random rares, if it's a straight up trade I would do it, unless it's a shield or knight weapon or something.
  5. Gandaalf New Member

6. Tunks Journeyman

EM18 is 82.5% as effective as EM24 and (at least on FV) about 25mil PP cheaper.

EM18:
    1: Pet Power Increase (140)

EM24:
    1: Pet Power Increase (170)
  7. Jaylin Augur

You more than likely wont get an even exchange trade. That charm requires raids to be fully maxxed, though its weighted now more for group stuff. The people who will make full use of it more than likely already have an equivalent version or will from raiding. Not to say you wont get an exchange, but you if you find someone they may ask for more than just the trade
  8. Sancus Augur

Lol, no.

In terms of tanking, an EM 24 pet will have ~5-6% more HP, identical AC/avoidance, and a mitigation buff that's 6% higher (18% vs 24%).

In terms of DPS, you'd need to run long parses to see any sort of difference. The overall boost to DPS is smaller than the boost to tanking.

In general, EM foci don't do much. They've gotten to the point where they do add something with the Innate Defense changes, but the overall impact is still very small.
  9. Goranothos Augur

Not to argue, but I would say an EM enhanced pet is far better than a non EM enhanced pet. Now, as to the difference between EM18 Vs EM24.....not that much, as Sancus said. Certainly not worth 25 million plat. My point is kinda moot though, because every 105 mage/nec/BL is going to have some sort of EM item.
  10. Sancus Augur

That's fair to say. Going from no EM to some sort of EM is a significant jump; I probably should've written "EM foci ranks don't do much."

Like you said though, the vast majority of max level players are going to have some sort of EM focus, especially since the ranks haven't increased much over the last 4 or so expansions and they don't suffer from traditional focus decay (the level ranges are quite broad).