Eliminate ultra rares in EOK.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyuri, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Hitty Augur

I agree. If boxers get flamed so often because they are a bit more slow then nobody should complain if they dont like to group anymore. Nevertheless I warn people always if they want to group with my box. But it seems the only reason so far was getting very fast loot and xp. And if you like to not play your big ones but do some fun quests as noob then you are very fast spoilsport. If people want to group with boxers then they should not always bash on them and simply accept that they are a bit slower. Else - I have a box because of bad experience with that.

I like from time to time a ultra rare suprise. And honestly? If somebody farms it, esp automated then somebody really believes he gets invited if they remove them? Some are botting that and are afk - I assume they doing it while sleeping to use the complete time frame. I think the this thread was either opened - like some said - because the guy will sell his stuff only. Try that, go to these camps, pull of mobs, talk to the people - nothing happens, no response, no action - nobody cares there. I bet you can even loot stuff from these groups which their automated system does not loot. So what?
  2. lovealaska New Member

Gyumri,

If your killing 1 eok mob every 12 seconds your doing ok for solo if that’s boxed that’d really sad dps. You might want to add a box or 2,3,4,5 etc so you can speed that up some. This post is pointless.

Might as well make every mob in eok spin stun , summon on aggro fast every 3 seconds if out of melee range so swarming is not possible anymore. Boost up ros trash too melee for 100k a pop and death touch for 300k a random in aggro list every 5 seconds. How’s that sound for pointless? I swarm rock tier2 I can not do that on ros trash sorry your not able to do the same. Box a group like most of the vets already are doing.
  3. Natal Augur

If you can't survive in OT then you can't survive in Kunark anywhere either.

In any case, the ultra rares he is talking about is equivalent to Kunark raid armor, and is considerably better than any group armor in RoS.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

LOL that's a huge laugh, the difference between EoK and RoS zones is more than the difference between TBM and EoK zones. I could solo Lceanium when EoK came out, not fast or easily but fairly reliably; however when RoS came out OT was well beyond what was reasonably doable solo as a casual player. Also, the ultra rares he's talking about people do not actually try to farm to use themselves; the people who are farming them are doing it to sell them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. svann Augur

The right way to do this would be to add better ultra-rares to ros loot tables.
    Skewert likes this.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Or eliminate them
  7. smash Augur

Imo, i like it as it is atm. It does give raiders and none raiders the same chace of getting a raid like quality item.

During EoK the items were of the same quality as the raid items, with RoS ot is still of EoK raid-like quality.

Not sure what is best, that it follows best raidlike as in EoK or is 1 expansion behind as RoS. That is for devs to decide, both are ok for me.

But having the chase loot is EQ's sort of lotto letting all have a chance of winning.
  8. svann Augur

Well thats not going to happen. lolol
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I doubt many are actively farming for ultra rares, the drop chance is simply too small.
    Personally I farmed a bit in FM, even though I have EoK-raidgear for 2 reasons:
    It was to be in good faction for gorowyn-raids, and to get tradeskill mats for the tradeskill augs(conflagrant diamonds drops in FM). Ultra-rares did not factor into it at all.

I would imagined that deleting all existing ultra-rares at this point, would piss off a lot of people. Don't count of that happening...:p
    Skewert and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I think we are at the point where taking away rares or altering the current model will do worse than good. Moving them from EOK to ROS is not going to magically make more groups. If there are people actually trying to farm these things in EOK what logical reason would they have to even group and potentially roll on one with another person? All this is going to do is make a higher concentration of actual bot groups in one expansion vs two assuming there are bot groups in ROS. From the standpoint of overall loot tables in game it makes more sense to kill in ROS because you can at least get the trade skill mats to compensate for the poor odds of rolling on chase loot if you are a farmer or at least when I use to farm I usually had two requirements and that was a high concentration of trade skill items combined with tradable gear. Even if I did not get much in terms of gear I would always get lots of mats to offset this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Rare drops are a non-issue. Boxing is a non-issue. Nobody can force somebody else to play with you. You should have learned that in kindergarten.

Rare loot drops have 0 effect on anybody's ability to get a group. This crazy notion that you would get a group if fewer people boxed is insane. People box because it is more fun than grouping with you. Or maybe just more convenient.

Anybody "farming" this gear is doing the community a service by making it available at all. The kronos you earned are yours and you put in your time (or took your risks, if you are afk-ing it), so you deserve them. Nobody is making money on this game. At the very most, they play for free, and that's only if you are ignorant enough to not count your own time when determining your profits.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They're just as rare in RoS as in EoK, but they do drop. I've personally looted an Ultra-Rare from the new VP and know several guildies that have gotten other ones in RoS.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh... a lot of people are returning players who haven't stored up a ton of plat. While buying conflagrant gear is cheap for me I can easily see that is not the case for everyone.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think the only ones actually farming that gear are those running 24/7 bot armies. For others its just a rare but lucky bonus when farming TS items, exp or other things.
  15. ptah Augur

Just my 2 cents
    My fellowship actively uses the chase non vis items. Teamwork in ts drops, pp, spells you name it.. on get stock piled. 3rd weekend of each month I set mule to sell off 50% of the stock pile to generate pp into kronos etc. Flip that in subs and chase loot.

Dkp similar system rewarding attendance, merit, and active role to stock pile get you score. Then we bid for wants.. and at times a need. 99% its want.

Chase is ideal in min max what you can do. Simple eok raids before queen.. support vis armor.. and few non vis.. but again we fill with chase loot.

We simply chase investment items.. its fun its a grind.. its goal.. a wishlist.. etc a good thing
  16. Lyrical Augur

Or keep them and eliminate Kronos.
    svann likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Or eliminate both.
  18. blood & gufts Augur

Got some bad info for all you that thinks you can influence DBG on getting income from removing selling kronos, that is like saying: We dont wanna have the extra income, so we stop it. Never will happen.

Kronos is used for sales between players, and used for subscribing, so it will not be removed.

When that said, how about removing the chase loot. The fact is that introduction of chase loot that happened in EoK brought some extra into the game, which imo was not bad, that none raiders could get loot that is raid quality, this gave those a bit like winning national lottery, and just as it is, it is not just something you get without an effort, you have to play to get it.

So they make people subscribe longer, which is good, in effect EQ survives longer when DBG has income, remove that, and you prob remove EQ as well.

So imo, some of those which thinks that both should be removed, maybe time to think a bit longer, about what you like or do not like, and most important, should EQ continue to have a future....
  19. p2aa Augur

I have never been fan of raid gear dropping in group content, but as it create cash for DBG then this will likely stay for next expansions.
    I prefer the stats of this gear to not be same stats than the current expansion raid gear. Aka what happens atm in RoS.
    Also, I understood that these have been made tradable because there was a huge pool of items drop choice. But the market on these items is not rare, due to all the sellers that bot 24/24 and the number of serverwide announces for these items. Yes, the drop rate is rare, like 0,16 %, but they manage to bypass it by killing non stop.
    I would prefer that would be less pool of raid items, but these items be made no trade. This way, this will more fit to the imo intended goal of these items, which was for group players to get once in a while a raid gear item. If your class cannot use it ? Get it for your alt, or make a call for a guildie who will be happy to get it.
    Right now, we have many players who are full of these raid items on their toon, and I don't doubt that the vast majority of it comes from buying it to someone else. EQ is one of the rare game where you don't get the best gear because you have the most money in RL. It should stay this way.
    Once again, making them tradable yields more profit for DBG, so I doubt we would see them been made no trade sadly.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

People complain still about these chase loots? /boggle
    Until a velazul mold drops in FM at gobbies....don't bother the whining about those non-vis rares.