Elidroth - Shaman AA's Ideas review

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Snowman, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Snowman Augur

This is just a review of most of the shammy AA's ideas posted
    1. undead invis
    2. canni aa's - i like the idea of maybe a faster recast vs a bigger hit

3.Embalmer's carapace for shaman where you Absorb 1,500,000 damage. Increase critical dot and nuke power 125% Spirit Binding - root self.
    4. Harnessing of the Spirit - splash heal over time with removes counters per tick effect for disease, poison, curses
    5. Pack of Matik - summons wolf pack to defend me, like ranger Pack Hunt
    6. Wunshi's Rejuvenation - transfer 20k mana to ally Urgent recovery- mana and maybe health as well
    7. Burst of life type fast cast heal for shaman Kriegas' Gift
    8. shortens recast timer and increase on nukes and dots
    9. Upgrade Armor Ancestral spirits and Upgrade Ancestral Aid
    10. Paralytic spores - increase radius of spores
  2. Snowman Augur

11. additional ranks Hastened purify spirits
    12. additional ranks of Fatigue line and Rampant Growth
    13. shorten the reuse time of totem
    14. anyway to shorten the cast time of the group proc spells - lion/cougar/tiger type of spells/aura perhaps - or increase the spell duration
    15. aa line to add ATK to the group -( like bih'li)
    16. improve group group pact of the wolf to include overhaiste
    17. group rabid bear
    18. some sort of DA AA
    19. dot aa with a built in snare component
    20. improved forage aa
    21. extended rabid bear
    22. hastened cripple aa
    23. a new type of proc buff that returns mana instead of a nuke
    24. group fatigue
    25. group canni
    26. aa line to focus on the quick dots
    27. make heal over time ticks crit
    28. new slow with atk debuff
    29. group totem
    30. ancestrial aid totem
    31. improved RC
    32. aa to summon items - food/water/ corpses
    33. aa to travel to a 2nd bind point or to a group member
    34. faster recast of the ae malo
    35. improved aa turgur to include a heal on target or a feralize component
    36. Add AE "drowse" slows as an AA. Let the mitigation recourse from drowse spells stack with shaman "ward" buffs similar to cleric mitigation buffs. The buffs stack but not the effects, so drowse recourse doesnt wipe out the possiblity of the Ward heal recourse
    37. upgrade group spirit walk to be equal with spirit walk
    38. something to block forsight from being removed on tank's when they use their disk's -- this need a new improved unity spell here i think
    39. an ae knockback root
    40. Shaman class AA : sharing fate activated, AE dot, the dots casts when the AA is running has AE instead of single target, duration 1 minute (rk1), 2 mins (rk2), 3 mins (rk3), recast 10
    41. aa cripple totem
    42. aa malo totem
    43. aa that has a slow proc on the group --

I posted most of the idea's in the thread from the veterans lounge - I might have missed some and combined others - please feel free to post on these as we should try to get the right direction of aa's we want for the next 3 releases of this expansion
  3. Snowman Augur

some of these aa's make me wonder - group slow proc - or healing - I think we have this stuff covered but stuff like an improved tugur with built atk debuff would be cool - I will admit getting 10 more aa's to click is maybe going to be too many - more nuke and dot focus - a faster canni vs as a bigger hit i like - a snare type of aa would be sweet - anything to increase our dismal dps even with a pet buff unlike our new spell that does nothing after you add haiste and unity to him - anything to make stuff faster/last longer is always good
  4. Khoza Augur

My own thoughts added in red. Removed the ones I didn't care to comment on to keep it shorter.
  5. Zyrek New Member

1. undead invis I'll settle for flagging totem as an ability (so it can be cast while other spells are in progress) and adding an invis component to it. (let me click off the illusion part too please).
    2. canni aa's Prefer bigger hits to quicker recasts, but as long as it gets more efficient. Perhaps offload the larger hits into a recourse effect if this is beginning to make people uncomfortable.
    3.Embalmer's carapace for shaman where you Absorb 1,500,000 damage. Increase critical dot and nuke power 125% Spirit Binding - root self. I'm in love with this idea!
    4. Harnessing of the Spirit - splash heal over time with removes counters per tick effect for disease, poison, curses. Make ancestral aid a splash or an aoe and add curing ticks to it instead.
    5. Pack of Matik - summons wolf pack to defend me, like ranger Pack Hunt We have Spirit call...
    6. Wunshi's Rejuvenation - transfer 20k mana to ally Urgent recovery- mana and maybe health as well No, but see later comment.
    7. Burst of life type fast cast heal for shaman Kriegas' Gift. We have Union of Spirits...
    8. shortens recast timer and increase on nukes and dotsI don't know what this means, but quicker casting dps sounds fantastic.
    13. shorten the reuse time of totem Our cooldown is still frustratingly slower than most classes..
    14. anyway to shorten the cast time of the group proc spells - lion/cougar/tiger type of spells/aura perhaps - or increase the spell duration Instant cast time but duration-length cooldown on leopard buffs please.
    15. aa line to add ATK to the group -( like bih'li) Just add attack to leopard buffs out of respect for the old champion line.
    16. improve group group pact of the wolf to include overhaste Overhaste is great, but an unrealistic demand. Perhaps, seeing the 'group rabid bear' request below, give this ability a cooldown and make it into a temporary toughness and melee dps(OH, Atk, flurry, etc.) disc of some kind for the group. (consider removing or shrinking the illusion component). If not both toughness and melee dps, allow group wolf to be a temporary dps enhancer, and add a group bear to be a temporary group defensive boost (additional regen, max hp, ac, etc. or w/e)
    17. group rabid bear Not necessary (see above), but improve self bear dps significantly.
    18. some sort of DA AA No. Carapace/disc aa above would be more than sufficient.
    19. dot aa with a built in snare component If we get snare, what's left for the druids?! Still want snare though lol. "Spirit shackles". Similar casting criteria to malosinete.
    20. improved forage aa Not a druid.
    24. group fatigue Group/Extended Fatigue needs to happen. Growth is fine how it is.
    25. group canni Not very desirable as a direct spell. This should be a pulse conversion buff, like a paragon/lich, giving more mana at the cost of hp per tick (doesn't necessarily have to mgb-able. but would be kick if it is). I feel like a beastlord has much more to add than a shaman these days, which is pretty -backwards if you ask me.
    27. make heal over time ticks crit Called healing boon, bro. They've been critting all along.
    28. new slow with atk debuff Our debuffing does need to be imrproved. Hexing the mobs seems like it should be the cornerstone of our class but we toss a slow and a malo these days and thats it, and it often doesnt seem to be as big of a deal as other debuffs. So an atk debuff, or dual wield/flurry mod, or something, on the slow, or in addition to the slow, without wasting a spell slot, is in demand to get us back where we should be. This is a matter of very little importance, though.
    29. group totem Everyone can already fade, but now that I think of it, that might be quite nice in a panic situation, and makes sense for shaman to have.
    30. ancestrial aid totem Just make ancestral aid automatically aoe (see cure splash suggestion, we need mgb for other things now)
    31. improved RC It is a bit behind. Should be able to completely cure the dot on xulous at least once with it, right?
    32. aa to summon items - food/water/ corpses food/water dont see why, corpses.. maybe?
    33. aa to travel to a 2nd bind point or to a group member Reverse CoH sounds sexy, but secondary bind is a thing of wizards.
    34. faster recast of the ae malo ae malo, cripple, ae cripple, ae slow. no point in these aas with their current recast timers , can be replaced by spells (though I use them and would appreciate hastened ranks).
    35. improved aa turgur to include a heal on target or a feralize component. Adding a feralize-like mod to the slow and letting it stack with (or at least not be removed by) gut punch would be a great way to beef up our debuffing, as disussed above. Counterbias effect on the aa would be convenient, but I'm not asking for it. Instead, perhaps a languid bite alternative that procs a hot on the targets target, instead of a dot on the target. This would either timer linked to languid bite, in which case their durations should be longer, or not timer-linked, so that you could use languid for five, then heal-proc for five, then languid for five, then heal-proc for five, etc.). I would like these to be toggles like wizard pyromancy/cryomancy/arcomancy, but keep dreaming, right?
    39. an ae knockback root shaman vinelash would be much appreciated (understandably denied), but at least just prevent spiritual rebuke from breaking existing roots.
    40. Shaman class AA : sharing fate activated, AE dot, the dots casts when the AA is running has AE instead of single target, duration 1 minute (rk1), 2 mins (rk2), 3 mins (rk3), recast 10 sounds legit, don't expect it to happen.
    41. aa cripple totem rather a totem that broadcasts drowse and heals aoe. (call of the ancients replacement, CotA is terribly small and useless atm)
    43. aa that has a slow proc on the group -- erm, group lethargy line?