Eggs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grebyr, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Anyone seen these on the vendors in the cities yet? Checked FP/Qeynos and RV and nothign yet.
  2. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I found them on the vendor Culkin Ironstone in the Plane of Knowledge. My guess is that may not be available on TLP until later (at least until PoK unlocks).
  3. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Have not found them yet on Rizlona.

I will not be happy of this is one of those "oh yeah we meant for everyone but those in classic...cause baking with snake eggs is fun...:
  4. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I checked several starting cities, and I didn't find them there either.
  5. Kahna Augur

They would rather we spent hours on end killing snakes in newbie yards. Cause reasons.
  6. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Basilisks in Nektulos, Butcherblock, GFay, Lavastorm, etc.. Cause...1 Basilisk egg = 5 snake eggs.

And besides, where is a vendor going to get them, but to farm them in newbie yards. :)
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  7. Protagonist Tank

8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Eggs?

The daytraders TLP vets cool kids just tap forage in EC while they watch netflix all night.
  9. Kahna Augur

Basilisk eggs only make 2 noodles, while snake eggs make 1. I can farm snakes in Paineel far faster than I can farm the basilisks in Lava. More than making up for the increased output from the different eggs. Now for dough, you are correct, but noodles are used for a decent stretch.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This :)

I wanted a totally vendor bought path for this, BUT wanted to also keep some of the Original EQ experience, so compromised at Planes of Power.

And yes, it's about the classic experience, not an attempt to "punish" TLP.
    Nennius, Boze, KimchiGoddess and 2 others like this.
  11. Kiaro Augur

Literally go to Nektulos and murder basilisks, the lowbies can't kill them (That 8s stun rips them to shreds) there is dozens up and they die in 1 hit.
  12. Gemstoner Elder

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I was worried about losing out on selling eggs to tradeskillers for plat lol. I'm glad its set to PoP, I enjoy lazily exping in outdoor zones and selling the tradeskill items for income.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  13. Hendar Augur

I had 6K eggs on a TLP server the first week. Everyone was selling them to vendors.
    Gathering eggs is a fun task. Basilisks are great, the Paineel newbie yard is a great place too (with almost instant respawn).
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

As senior dev, given the statement, are you going to modify Gnoll Slayer again to make it non-magical and put the last nail in that coffin?

If you would also, please at least give *some* explanation as to why Gnoll Slayer was changed to make it absolutely useless for the entire existence of EverQuest?
  15. Imukai Augur

Do Gnolls hatch from eggs? If not, I'm not sure how questions about GS relate to this thread.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you ever seen a pregnant gnoll?! The conspiracy runs deep!