Efreeti script/bot crews

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forevernecro, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Forevernecro Elder

There are literally the exact same people who were scripting / botting on coirnav repeating this on Mangler. Efreeti is camped in the main pick 24/7 by the same person 'elf crew'- who is automated completely at night ( I give them credit they arent automated 100% of the time ). Other picks have crews such as Nintendo's who is not even trying to hide the fact that they are automated 90% of the time. This has to stop. It is not even slightly hard to see they are scripting. Take action DBG. Has the game really come down to 6 necro or mage armies being allowed to permanently monopolize a camp WITH SCRIPTS. If they were actually playing legitimately I would have no issue with them monopolizing a camp. As a 6 boxer myself its plain as day they cheating. Do something. There are a lot of returning players who have never played a TLP before and this is their first experience. If you want to keep this new wave of subs you need to step your moderation game up big time. PS: They know your office hours and use that to their advantage. Go check them after midnight EST
  2. Protagonist Tank

Did you take a video and submit it in a petition?
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ya that's going to do something....:rolleyes:
    Ajjantis and Barton like this.
  4. Templeton Augur

The same is happening in HK, with people previosly banned running riot and steamrolling the entire zone.

Video evidence is understandable for 'happen and over' events, but all they need to do to see these botters is *log in*. They are at it 24/7, in the same locations. Asking for evidence in that situation is simply and trying to use it as an excuse to not actually do something.
  5. Protagonist Tank

So "no"

I've submitted videos for three bot crews. Within a week, all three disappeared. This is an old, old game running on a skeleton crew in a clearinghouse company. They don't have a big support staff, but they do have a procedure. Following that procedure gets things done. posting on the forums does not get things done.
  6. Templeton Augur

Look, stop white knighting for them. EQ makes plenty of profit, def enough to support better customer care. The problem is that it is ran on a shoestring while it's profit is funnelled of to other projects. Because they know people like you will run blocker for them.
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Ceffener Augur

How much profit.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If this is the case, then that is the case and it doesn't change the end result of not having a lot of resources for these kinds of things. If there is a procedure that works, then perhaps that is the path to take to get these kinds of issues resolved.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Templeton Augur

Yes, but the reason that they don't have the resources is because they choose to not have the resources.

Which changes how I see things entirely.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Well you are also making some assumptions about the profitability of the game, as well as "they make enough" being a giant grey area and highly debatable depending on perspective.
  11. Templeton Augur

oh, don't play that game. Please. You know as well as I do that the EQ TLPs and the sales of kronos, bags, and the rest are hugely profitable. The game takes next to nothing to run, which is why so many servers can do it for free.
  12. Ceffener Augur

Hugely profitable companies don’t have multiple rounds of layoffs and get dropped by Sony for an investment firm.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Assuming you mean EQEmu type servers, none of those people get paid to run their servers. The cost of running a hobby project of an online server farm is completely different.

I'm not even saying you're wrong that they are funneling whatever profits they do make to other projects. That's highly likely. I'm just saying "Oh come on, dude, you know it's true," is not proof of anything. The basis for the degree of your assumption is highly speculative.
  14. Templeton Augur

You are working very hard to rationalise bad service. It's like some kind of weird stockholm syndrome.

You know as well as I do that DBG are addicted to TLPs because of the huge margains.
  15. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't though?

It's possible. I would not be surprised if it turns out launching TLPs and letting them die has been determined the best profit model for the business. It even makes intuitive sense.

But, no, I don't know that is the case, and I am not willing to make wild assumptions about other aspects of the game based off that assertion.
  16. Templeton Augur

I think this conversation is over, because you are not arguing in good faith.
  17. Protagonist Tank

Whether you like the answer or not - the answer is: Take a video and petition it if you actually care about fixing the problem. post on the forums if you just want to be seen being vocal about the problem but change nothing.
  18. bobthedruid New Member

This is the reality we live in. Not only are they unwilling to counteract the massive bot efforts, I dare say they are incapable. It takes less than ten minutes to find out how to circumvent true-box. It takes the same time frame to find the bot program along with the public discord of the maker. Who, by the way brags about how not a single ban has occurred since 2016. They do not care. You can petition until your blue in the face, the same characters and individuals continue to act with impunity. The only way is to vote with your wallet, and stop paying for their poor service. I agree with the comment about Stockholm syndrome. So many people are defending the inaction of DBG. You are either being willfully ignorant, or you are profiting off of this, which one is it ?

Really at this point the only realistic solvent is to add AOC's to every dungeon, with re-spawns, for group content. Players can experience in and camp their own items, and the bots can do their own thing. Increased accessibility to camps and sought after items will ultimately lessen the degree and profitability of RMT, while increasing the enjoyment of the honest player base. Until the community comes together and demands action collectively, this travesty will continue.
    Pirlo, Faydark, getlostgreg and 4 others like this.
  19. Hinastorm86 Augur

I fully support AoC's with respawns for group content at this point, or letting groups have their own pick, whichever is easier to implement. I'd happily pay extra for either.

Its no secret that the pick thresholds are too high for many many popular zones. At least on selos, the population is alot more spread out, but on mangler, everyone 40+ is cramped into 2 ish zones.

Much like how fighting over open world raid targets became tiresome, and AoC's were added, fighting over group content on servers with limited options has also become tiresome.
  20. Volts Elder

OP wants the world to "follow the rules" but OP does not "follow the rules". There is a proper channel for this kinda stuff.
    Kattria Minx and code-zero like this.