Efreeti in WW2 shouting and using Cazic Touch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by eqMath, Apr 6, 2021.

1. eqMath Journeyman

Each time I'm in Western Wastes (CoV) I see these NPCs (an exiled efreeti) shouting player's names, like old school Cazic Thule DT messages. When they shout, they use the Cazic Touch spell, which is a 100k DD.

04/06/21 01:08:17 PM An exiled efreeti shouts, 'Soandso!'
    04/06/21 01:09:03 PM An exiled efreeti shouts, 'Soandso!'
    04/06/21 01:09:49 PM An exiled efreeti shouts, 'Soandso!'
    04/06/21 01:09:56 PM An exiled efreeti shouts, 'Soandso!'

I feel like this is not quite right. If NPCs are going to shout, it should be something important - like actually DTing someone or a raid mechanic, but with normal trash doing it it gets very spammy after a while.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

S
    So, feedback not a bug?
  3. Absor Developer

Yikes. I'll look into it.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I like it though.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Definitely seems like a bug, but at least it's good for seeing who the afk botters are.
    Axxius, Duder and Fenthen like this.
  6. Scila Augur

Been that way since launch - at least you know they're camped without doing ooc crickets
    Yinla, Fenthen and Svann2 like this.
  7. Gialana Augur

They shout out the name of the player (or pet?) that first aggros them at the time of the aggro.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

This is the thing you reply to?

/headdesk
    /headdesk
    /headdesk

And there's not even a single like on the post.

But broken raid cheese since January can't get a sniff of a dev interaction.
    Velisaris_MS, Fenthen and Svann2 like this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I thought this was just a unique feature of the WW zone? I mean software people have been telling us for years that bugs are just undocumented features right?
    narksar and Fenthen like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I was shocked the other day gathering at the raid npc and realizing a new name was being shouted this week.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I always thought someone should name their pet Kahhhhhn

An exiled efreeti shouts, 'Kahhhhhhn'!
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

We had a guy on FV camping the hSta augs for like 3 weeks straight, good to know that GMs only care when someone petitions. ;)
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They only shout when first agroed. If there is a fast pulling group you get a lot in one go and then nothing for a while when the are all dead, way less annoying than the Crusader shouting in EW for no real reason.
    Scila likes this.
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I do my lesson burns at the efreeti. I kinda like the shout so people know you are at camp. I always thought the shout was for flavor. lol.
  15. eqMath Journeyman

A developer responded to a bug thread, then we complain about them not fixing other stuff?

/headdesk
    /headdesk
    /headdesk

Yikes. It's like if I came out screaming about Absor not fixing raid lag. Do you think this is going to encourage or discourage the devs from reading/participating on the forum?

Sorry you don't like the bug, this mechanic was previously unique to classic era raid bosses and gods, but ok, not a bug. :p Although, I'm not sure I think liking a bug makes it valid. Sometimes bugs come up here that were linked somewhere in a Discord asking people to like the thread (see: many TLP issues). There are plenty of bugs on this forum that are valid with 0 likes, doesn't mean they aren't worth fixing.
    Skuz and narksar like this.