Effective Immediately Confirmed Ragefire Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Marek-EQ, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bufonidae Elder

Right before RF/LJ opened I was playing on Bristlebane, there were weekly open raids (Thursday or Friday nights at 7) on current content.

It's also kinda hard for me to think of the raid targets on these two servers as current, they're 16 years old.
  2. taliefer Augur

i used to lead pickup naggy raids on povar well before kunark released. /shrug
  3. Greymere Augur

You should ask for a proviso allowing for multiple smaller guilds to be allowed a place in a rotation under a collective group of guilds that raid together then. Lots of rotations allowed for this for 2-3 guilds to raid together under one place in the rotation. Holding together these types of joint efforts in a rotation long term though were often difficult, led to mergers or one guild or the other growing out of having a use for these arrangements, and joining into the rotation proper as one large guild.

Its a bit unreasonable to expect a place in the rotation for every small guild to hold its own open invite raid though.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Sunruy, epics are just that in the early game. Epic. Just like raid mobs are for raiders and not all raiders can tackle them at the same speed as others. Welcome to the game.

Wondering why you've been tired of '15 years of being behind' and wouldn't have joined one of the top guilds right away on the new server; things here aren't any different than on the live servers I guess it sounds like you have played on before. Not sure why someone would think it would be.

That said, Greymere's proviso is a nice compromise if it could happen.
  5. Korillo Augur

Ashorty raiding on E'ci, eventually turning in Tunare ran a pretty successful public raiding system. They did things in era no problem. Sure they weren't the top raiders on the server but it was great for people in smaller guilds, because they could join and bid on items without leaving their guild.
  6. Naelbis Elder

Raids by Leo on Mith Marr was similar.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Actually it used to happen when we got large enough expansions that there was an "entry tier". I remember seeing pickup raids of Tick Tock during the tail end of HoT, for example.

Now that it's either lul60khitter or group content, not so much.
  8. Bufonidae Elder

Several people are trying to make sure there are allowances for smaller guilds/alliances/open raids, but I think your anger is directed in the wrong direction. Yes some people seem to be making this harder than it needs to be, but the reason you're being forced to honor the rotations is because DBG has decreed "Ragefire shalt have a rotation... so sayeth the Devs". Big and little, bullies and boy-scouts... we're all in the same boat.
  9. Dojii Augur

Canadian Armed Forces up for Nagafen next FFA round.
  10. Grish Augur

Sure you have. In PoP, they were happening even on Fippy.
  11. gladiatoreq Elder

Good joke.
  12. Sunruy New Member

First off want to say I am sorry for my actions last night at the meeting. I came to the meeting angry and It did show up after Dojii said no one has a voice or a vote except the 5 Guilds. Then he booted me because I said that is BS but spelled it all the way out. It came out even more when none of my votes or responses was being heard so had to say it over and over and over till I had to do all caps. It came further out when someone said for me to give up on my guild and its members by me saying FU. Then yes I closed out of the meeting by being very sarcastic with my thank yous. I am a big enough person to say I did act very wrong but so did the leader of that discussion and many others in my opinion.

Now that I have calmed down some, I would like to ask for a few changes or a few issues to be brought to the table at the next meeting. I am not for sure where these things should be brought up. Even checked Ragefire Forums and did not see a place for this so came back here to do it. Excuss me still learning the leadership roles and proper places for these things to be brought up. Not even a leader for 48 hrs yet. That is how new to this I am and how unaware of how things are to be done. Please bare with me. Might do a few posts so the post will not be a super huge post.

Issue 1
    Next meeting it would very helpful if everyone does not speak or type all at same time. A list of guilds need to be written up and each guild is asked one at a time in turns what they vote or say about a topic. It will give each guild a chance to vote and say their agreement or nays about a certain topic without being drowned out by 20 other people typing and hitting enter at very same time. Give each guild their time to have the floor. Like 5-10 mins each floor time for example.

Issue 2
    Yes have the agenda up on a forum so all guild leaders can take it to their guild for input and also to be prepared for what is coming up. To many asked for the agenda. To many felt rushed and nothing got accomplished. Only after like 30 or so minutes after the meeting started did the agenda get posted some place I have not found yet. Would be helpful to have it many days before hand.

Issue 3
    As the rules state from what I have heard is there can be no alliances doing joint raids. One guild one raid. To me that is well how to say it nicely. NoT right at all. That is for one penalizing the smaller guilds for being to small to do stuff on their own. Also heard if they did do a joint raid with another guild then they would have to do every single raid with that other guild. Meaning one guild could be forced to do many more raids than what they are wanting to be part of cause guild A has grown so much that they raid once a day while guild B yes has grown but they want to be more casual raiding than extreme raiding or vice versa. Meaning Guild B and guild A will eventually lose members due to over raiding or under raiding cause they have to make a middle ground in hopes it will please both guilds and all the members of both guilds. Guilds start out small and yes grow to stand on their own eventually. This rule or law is no good and needs to be re-looked at once again so that joint raids can happen and as time progresses the guilds can go their own separate ways if they so choose and not be forced to depend on other guilds and their times. With out the fear of losing members for either guild.

Issue 4
    This is game why should people or guild have to prove themselves. Games are meant to be fun. Not meant to be a job or a scratch claw and dig yourself to a point that is satisfactory for others to see you counted worthy of doing anything. Everyone is playing EverQuest AKA EverCrack to have fun and get rid of everyday rules and to let go of everyday life. Yes rules are important even with games like the play nice rule or the no harassing rule. For real a rule on us to be counted worthy. You must not think you are worth much by that rule. I have a worth that far exceeds all money plat. diamonds and gold and I know it and I don't have to prove it you or any other person. Each and every single person is worth that same to me. All big and small, normal or disabled, white, black, creamed, light and dark, gamer and non gamer, Homeless or with a home, rich and poor or even sick elderly or healthy and everyone in between the lines. I am worth it and so are you with or without proof.

Issue 5
    Any guild big or small can be in charge of the discussions over all guild matters. Or a vote needs to take place of a triumphant of guilds to be in charge. Why should only the Higher heavy hitting guilds be the only ones that have control of all guild matters? Meaning that 1-2 small non worthy raiding guilds could in fact be voted in to speak for all guilds and another 1-2 guilds could yes be the hard heavy hitting have been proven worthy raiding guilds. We are a server all reaching for the same goal to have fun, have server have long life and be represented by fairness and equality. Right now I have heard from many that this is a dictatorship. I have to agree specially when no one voted for the certain guilds to do what they are doing or to speak for the whole server with DB over server matters. I agree we need a rotation and something in forced but not at the expense of over half the server being unhappy with the rules that a non selected few had made us all live with on a game that is supposed to be fun. Put yourself in everyone's shoes that plays on the server. Would you want to be dictated to or be represented? I choose Representation for my self and also for the loud voices I have heard from within Dragoon Order of Veeshan.

Thank you for your time to read this and to take the time to think on these matters and to bring them to the table at the next meeting.

Thank you,
    Leader of Dragoon Order of Veeshan
    Sunruy
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I have passed these on the Thalanos.
  14. Greymere Augur

15. Sunruy New Member

Thank you for passing it on since I am not sure if I can make it to the next meeting that is in the morning. I would love to be kept up to date on what happens so I can pass it on to Dragoon Order or be prepared for the next meeting after this mornings meeting. Still not finding the pages with all the information on them. There are a lot to go through and i know i will one day find them even if I just do a couple each day. Thank you once again.

Sunruy Leader of Dragoon Order of Veeshan
  16. Matthias The Man Journeyman

I will ensure you get log files personally. And if you give me a name or two to someone who may be able to attend in your place. I'm certain we could accommodate.

Thank you for posting your Agenda items as well. very informative to see where you stand
  17. lalaloup Augur

Good luck to everyone at the meeting today.
  18. garrass New Member

@Sunruy
    Issue 1 agree
    Issue 2 agree
    Issue 3 Dunno what to tell you, i have been in small and large raiding guilds. Merge with a few if you don't like out of era raids.
    Issue 4 Then group and have fun forget about raid targets.
    Issue 5 This isn't the dang U.N.
  19. Sunruy New Member

@garrass
    Thank you for bashing things i and mean others are very important issues that need to be changed on this rotation topic. Thank you for showing you are for sure a cold hearted person. Thank you for showing you for one only cares for what you and only you can get or need. Just thank you for bring people down farther when they thought they are at their lowest already. This just shows you truly are a pile of dung wish i could call you something else but dung is fine too cause it is just another word for the word i want to us. Just thank you for showing your concern.
    garrass likes this.
  20. TowerDefense Augur

Listen, sometimes it's hard to take the honest truth. These servers are not for everyone. Sometimes you have ideas and goals for your guild that you will never achieve in era.

Just because someone tells you this, doesn't mean they are being s to you. Everytime someone mentions something about you potentially not having the same voice, or being involved in something, you lose your mind and start insulting them.

That's not how as leader should react, and if anything it shows how inexperienced you are.

Until you prove yourself, either by killing a gatekeeper or contesting a ffa mob, I'm sorry to say, no-one will take you seriously.

You don't get to stroll into the room and expect the same amount of voice as the people who built the house.

So stop overreacting, get in game and rally your guild. Get into the rotation, . And have your voice heard. Until then, you should probably lay off the forums.
    garrass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.