Effective Immediately Confirmed Ragefire Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Marek-EQ, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav Augur

I don't see how this nonsense is going to calm down without instancing or Daybreak saying "take it or leave it" with a proposal they put together.

Skyp's recent proposal looked solid and made room for not just the top 4 to keep the rotation to just themselves but to allow it be an organic thing that would add (and lose) guilds as appropriate over time - while making it so that no one risks losing a rotation mob to late night spawns that everyone hates to try to mobilize for.

You RoE/Apok guys seem to just be fighting against it for either one of two reasons at this point:
    1) Because TL was involved and you want to minimize their involvement (which is bad) or
    2) You want to skew it so that entering the rotation is excessively difficult to prevent new members from entering (which is also bad).

The point of rotation is to make the "raiding club" more inclusive, not exclusive - and in both of those potential assessments you're trying to be exclusive in some way.

I'd suggest taking a break from things a few days, take a breather - think about what you and your guild want to accomplish in the game in a HEALTHY, INCLUSIVE MANNER and come back with a fresh head.

I've got no real horse in this race as a Lockjaw player, and frankly I'd love to see stuff get instanced (since I prefer instancing to rotations - less complicated and easier to schedule with most of the same downsides) so the schadenfreude of how this is operating ATM is ultimately to my potential benefit - but being an outside observer I see TL making huge strides to make Ragefire a fun place for EVERYONE TO PLAY raiding wise while you're getting in the way of it.

Sure, TL may have done some bad things to start (and I gave them some grief for it when they did) - but bury the damn hatchet already and look towards a better future rather than continuing that stupid grudge.

Fin.
  2. Esper Augur

Daybreak made a huge mistake making a deal with Apok, I won't even pull Breeze into because she is just a means to an end for Apok. Give them a slight amount of power and now they think they can tell everyone on the server who can raid, when they can raid, and how they have to raid. That is what happens when you make a deal with a bunch of unscrupulous people who not two weeks before you had suspended for hacking/cheating.
  3. -wycca Augur

Since it can't be updated by me, and there is no official method of notification other than the spreadsheet, be advised that Lord Nagafen died to TL at 1:34am Eastern. Next spawn is FFA, and is a gatekeeper that TLG should be up for (good luck).

PS - Nice ninja edit yet again. I called you on pulling the rug out from under TLG & FP and you had to backpedal & create yet another new rule. Guess you didn't get to slide that one by.

PSS - Rosen and TL have voted to remove RoE from the rotation for not properly killing a gatekeeper before entry. They have the opportunity to actually enter the rotation like everyone else who hadn't killed a rotation mob prior to entry. Please add them after Ceaseless so they can kill the only approved gatekeeper - Lord Nagafen. See, that's how silly the stuff you are doing is.
  4. Amor Augur

I hope you see the irony in your post. Not the first part or the suspension part.
  5. Porygon Augur

Funny, that you mention this, because isn't that exactly what your guild is crying about. 8 guilds on this server got together and agreed to a rotation that you don't like and now you're mad. Bro, hate to be cheesy, but you can't have everything your way.
  6. Bufonidae Elder

No one should get it their way the only fair way forward from here is to get more guilds attempts at the gatekeeper and then work out something that is at least tolerable to everyone that qualifies. It's gonna take compromise, and the nature of compromise is that everyone gets something, and no one gets everything they want.

Both the existing rules and the new proposal are seriously flawed, it would make our server a lot more fun if we could get an equitable system worked out.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Just out of curiosity. How do people know which rotation to follow? Do they just follow whichever rotation post is on top?
  8. Antonico Journeyman

I believe for now, it's the stickied/db approved rotation until the weekend is over.
  9. Porygon Augur

Rotations themselves are flawed. You shouldnt have rotations for random raid mobs. The only mobs that should even remotely be rotated are "gatekeeper mobs" (trak - for entry to VP, Rallos Zek - entry to elementals, etc)

But if the server wants a rotation because we cant compete, im not one to turn away from it. I think the 2nd rotation is much better for most guilds than the first. I dont know how much more "equitable" you could get.
  10. Vaclav Augur

You could if you want to assume everyone should have 24/7 coverage - but we all know how realistic that is.

It's a really admirable attempt to try to acknowledge that reality - which of course will always skew any "100% equitable" thing to not being "equitable".

But yea, as an outside observer door #2 is much better.
    Kunbur and Porygon like this.
  11. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------------
    Or... M-O-N-E-Y.
  12. Porygon Augur

At the "summit of guilds" it was loosely proposed to have a 24hr window for every guild. But I think even guilds that would benefit a GREAT DEAL from that, understand that its essentially taking loot from the entire server. And most of the guilds dont want that at all.
    Antonico likes this.
  13. Aekold Augur

I'm sure you don't understand how ignorant that statement is. That's fine, you won't accept that some guilds want 24/7 coverage to kill mobs or that it might take gearing more than 20 people to achieve that. It's all about tearing other people down, rather than an acceptance that other people might play the game a different way.
  14. Sagnid Augur

I know you are just trolling. But perhaps someone who cares will read this, and understand.

Simple, attrition. And even if there was none. Any guild in this era will never fully gear their members. There are always drops that can be awarded, that will go to use.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Easier for potential confusion that way too - I love it conceptually for people to never "get skipped" - but if something is sitting up for 18 hrs or something because it popped at a horrid time it's just asking for a problem to occur in a number of ways I don't need to elaborate on.

Even though from what's been said it would be dealt with its still better to prevent the potential of such instead of responding to it once it happens.
  16. Tudadar Augur

These "DBG enforced rotations" on TLP werent well thought out and extremely minimal work put in by DBG.

A guide specifically told me in tells over and over and over they do not enforce entry into rotations. They only report for a "banhammer" when people break them even if they are not in the rotation. Guilds can change entry requirements or mobs in the rotation whenever they want. I was told over and over and over to talk to guilds because guides/gms wont do anything but enforce broken rotation. i dont see how they can jsut enforce a rotation but not put the time in to make sure its fair and everyone is included or that guilds can pretty much claim anything as raid rotation targets.

A majority of guilds working together in the rotation can pretty much do whatever hey want or change whatever they want it seems.
  17. Detheb Augur

So, in the last 4 days, we've seen Apok and RoE completely try to undermine the agreement multiple times, correct? While every other guild has been working with one another to try and come up with an agreement that benefits the entire server? Funny, i think i warned you guys about that a week ago, and was told "You're TL Scum, you want to ruin the server". I'm glad to see that people are finally realizing, we just want what is fair for the server. Good day fellas
  18. Xanathol Augur

I've got less than zero interest in the TLP servers these days but this ordeal is like a how-to guide on poor customer relations. The casual comments, this - a change in leadership might be in order.
  19. -wycca Augur

I see the spreadsheet has the CT kill date updated, but not the time. The kill time was right around 10:53pm est.
  20. aiedz New Member

Reading through this, lots of people seem to forget that having an open world raiding system makes it competitive in a way that benefits some people, but not others. Truly this embraces the fact that MMO's are a time sink and reward those with the most time to invest. By nature competitive content is not for everyone to see and have a chance at. There is zero reason for anyone to see content that can not put in the time or effort. I don't care about your personal situation or what you have to do everyday, it doesn't matter. What matters is if you want to see the content, you would. If you want to, and you have put in the time and the effort, and you still haven't, then you failed to reach your goal. That is nobody's fault but your own. It isn't anyone keeping you down. If your personal life prevents that, then that is your problem, not DBG's or anyone else's problem but your own.

More to the point, life is not fair and not everyone is created equally. If either of those where true, there would be no strife and I could play basketball against Michael Jordon in his prime and it would be even match. It is amazing to me how many people are failing to understand this simple truth.

So keeping those thoughts in mind, why would anyone think it is a good idea to bring political context to this, or any, raiding environment. It only breeds a type of class warfare that is detrimental to the entire populous, by enabling some manipulative people to wiggle their way into spots to influence the rotation in their favor. This makes raiding not about who is better at mobilizing and the game itself, but rather how cunning you can be in text or VoIP chat to other people in order to get a shot ( in some cases very undeserved ) at a raid mob.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.