Ecliptic Fire

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Feb 16, 2023.

1. kizant Augur

For any Wizards not paying attention. This spell is now worth using after yesterday's patch. Improved Familiar and Arcane Fury now work with it and the spire/wolf changes should help with the mana usage. That plus the changes during beta have been a big improvement to this spell line.
    Bandeko, Petalonyx and minimind like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Just to be clear, the entire spell line from Dicho up is now worth it right?

I'm too lazy to actually go back and do math right now...
  3. Petalonyx Augur

Woot, was wondering about that. Thanks, Kizant!
  4. kizant Augur

The older ones can't twincast so they're a lot less worthwhile than this new Ecliptic version. That said, as long as you're not using ITC/twincast spell I imagine the original dicho is pretty good now and Dissident. Even if you have twincast aura but I'd still probably avoid Composite. But even still I'd only use it after you cast weave, fire ethereal, claw, and vortex. Put it right before you're last option of instant/ice ethereal.
    Brickhaus likes this.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

OMG! They actually took off the second twincast blocker! How was this not posted on the front page of the Everquest site?

I guess I'm going to have to figure out which port won't always be in the wizard's spell bar now...

P.S. Maybe there is a little glimmer of hope Mana Burn gets looked at some day now.
    kizant likes this.
  6. Mookus Augur

Hmm, I already forgot about that spell.

Thanks for the reminder, looking forward to trying it out.
  7. kizant Augur

We had a ton of lag again but even with that I managed to get a decent amount of out of it.

[IMG]
    Alarya, Evilness and Sancus like this.
  8. Szilent Augur

Still lower max & avg than Ignition with an 18k mana premium paid for the Concussion. It's castable, as it's more damage than spells at the bottom of the line up, but …please pardon my tickertape not being unpacked for the occasion. The alterations that have been made are at the rather extreme end of "be careful that it's not too good" scale.
  9. Mookus Augur

Not sure if I was missing some buffs or something. If it seemed very underwhelming still for me last night. I did t cast it a whole lot as it takes so long to recast. It was critting in the 2 and 3 mill range for me. See you got an 11m crit there kizant. I must have not had something on me when I tried.

Will have to give it another try I guess.
  10. kizant Augur

The only reason it won't get the huge crits is that it doesn't work with enchanter synergy. Which is prob a good thing. There's also a bug at the moment where it doesn't work with gift of chromatic haze but that should get fixed quick enough. And really we do need rank 6 for it to be noticeably better than ignition.
  11. Szilent Augur

that's nothing Kizant directly arranged, just a lucky confluence of mag synergy on a debuffed target
  12. Valcron Elder

Can you tell me why this spell wasn't worth using before?
  13. Valcron Elder

Can you tell me what Dicho is?
  14. minimind The Village Idiot

Dicho is the first in the series of progressive spells/abilities that increase in power based on quest and raid progression within their expansions. Each class gets an ability which uses the same key term.
    1. Dichotomic (TBM)
    2. Dissident (TBL)
    3. Composite (CoV)
    4. Ecliptic (NoS)
    kizant likes this.
  15. Valcron Elder

Question, I'm currently 80 on a TLP we are going into Seeds of Destruction. I notice that most of your damage is AOE'ing. At what point in the game do we start moving over to AE'ing a lot of raid content? Right now it's primarily Mezz adds and burn down whatever primary assist is.

Also what's this parsing program?
  16. kizant Augur

ToL and NoS have had the most AE heavy raids that I can remember. However, there's always a couple events where you can AE going back pre-SoD as far as I remember. It's just need you raid leaders and reliable enough players to do it.

That's my parser in the picture. You can get it here if you want. It's updated a lot so I'm just linking to the README but the link at the top should go to the latest.
    https://github.com/kauffman12/EQLogParser#readme
    Valcron likes this.
  17. Valcron Elder

Thanks can you give me an idea on how to use this? How do I get the overlay to display my damage?
  18. kizant Augur

There's a Damage Meter menu under View. Click Setup to position it and pick your options. Save it. Then go back to the menu and click Enable. And that's really it.
  19. Valcron Elder

Okay thanks
  20. Highwizard Augur

Heh looks like they are trying to make the progression spell useable. Kizant i have been on a hiatus is it worth coming back to do wizard things again?