Echo Caverns --- The Great Saprophyte

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tensor_Fippy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Tensor_Fippy Journeyman

Is it possible that you guys could fix this named some how so that people cant just use lev 60 SK's to HT farm it with this patch? or make it researchable again, its pretty annoying seeing the same sk's doing this and controlling the market value of the spell at 30k+ and you cant dps race them because it instantly takes over 50% of the rares health and some of them were even afk farming it using what I could only guess would be a autoclicker with a macro /target The Great Saprophyte then /use ability ect
  2. Zinth Augur

were like that in original eq... ya wanted a classic ride no?
  3. Lailin Mcbuffsnstuff New Member

It may have been like that when luclin was released, as far as spawn time and drop rates, and it was discovered that this shroom held such an important spell.... But people back then had a lot more curtesy and would (most of the time) back off if someone was sitting there camping it . At least from my experience playing classic through LDON , idk .
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

many QOL and anti griefing changes have been made, like instanced content and a recent wave of epics being fixed / looked at to remove bottlenecks and grief points is the trend.

Not forcing people in 2021 into 1999 standards and the both ways in the snow ethos have never been good for the game, hence catch up mechanics, like defiant gear and Serpent's Spine progression zones, etc.

Grown ups have less time and patience and more life balance for tedium than they did 20 years ago.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Maybe on your server, but it was not like that at all on mine back in original Luclin.
  6. Karreck Somebody

Wouldn't the classic experience be waiting 9months to a year between each expansion? After all, that's the time frame all these bottlenecks were designed around.
  7. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Oh look. It's Zinth lurking in another thread attempting to make a pithy comment.
  8. Zinth Augur

if I were lurking I wouldn't be posting ;-) lurn wut a lurker iz ya nub :p
  9. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

And yet another attempt at a pithy comment!
  10. Arctodus Elder

TLPs are no where near a Classic experience... if you really want a Classic experience there would be a lack of Enchanters because charm was bad back in those days.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

OFC they should change it. RC was never researchable

Few things though

1. The spell isn't worth it. No really the spell barely drops maybe 2-3 copies per day if you camp it for 24 hours straight and the spell really isn't that useful. RGC is vendor bought in PoP. If you aren't able to kill him just randomly walking through EC don't waste your time or money.

2. The Great Saprophyte isn't a rare mob so you can beat them. Just need Puppet strings or Wand of Allure.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Also if the Devs read this these are the changes that should've been made to RGC.

1. Part of Yaeth's Compendium Pg 73 (right side) has been added back to the game, It will drop on TLPs Luclin unlocks. It's a rare global drop for any level 56 Mob.

2. Allow players to do the old Remove Greater Curse research combine starting in Luclin.

3. Remove Greater Curse become buyable from the vendors in Gates of Discord.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Mostly agree with this but instead of re-implementing a random old research recipe when TLPs use new research I propose they just bump RGC up to a lvl 60 spell across the board, it's already that lvl for some classes and I highly doubt many if any lvl 54s have it since its a raid dropped spell used in raids where max lvl is 60 anyways. That way you can use the sooties that are already a rare global drop to make it if thats what you want instead of KEI, etc.
  14. Zinth Augur

or put the old drops in, make them a turn in quest = tadaa spell... without messing with the research system... RGC was HARD to get back in the days... those drops were quite rare
  15. sieger Augur

RGC was always supposed to be a "special" spell, so I don't really mind it being rare. When I raided Luclin on Agnarr you could make it with the new research system still and I made like 30 of them in the first few minutes of Luclin on a research mule. All our priests had them right away and that was that. On Selo they had made the more recent changes to TLP and research so that research combine doesn't work in Luclin era TLP any longer, and we had to acquire an RGC to kill Emperor by splitting Rhags in Ssra DZs. I definitely think it added something of the original Luclin feel to the era and don't have a real issue with it. I imagine most serious raiding Priests will end up with RGC by the end of SoL on a typical TLP. If you aren't a serious raiding Priest class I don't know that it's make or break that you have it, and as mentioned it's much easier to get in PoP.

I think the original version of RGC was research only (old research system), and the research components only dropped off AL and Rhags, so it was even worse than it is now because you didn't get a scroll but a research item that could fail in the combine. I don't think it became trivial to get RGC until LDoN came out and it was put on the Adventure merchants. So even in its current state it's easier than it was in its day. The Rhag mobs that drop it are extremely low difficulty Luclin raid bosses that can be killed by a very small force. Also you can technically beat any Luclin raid content without ever casting RGC.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Zinth like this.
  16. Zinth Augur

uhm think one of them dropped in Plane of Mischief as well... I remember there were a "word" there that sold for massive coin...
  17. TLP Addict Augur

Not sure why people are so desperate to own the spell, being handed a copy of RGC seems more like a punishment than a reward in the early weeks of Luclin.
    Karreck and Zinth like this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

I'll never forgive sieger for giving me like the 2nd copy =/
  19. Zinth Augur

hah THAT spell I would GLADLY pass on to let OTHERS have :p last in line is perfect lol