Easy Mode Server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dethyn, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Dethyn New Member

Just an idea.

Love EQ when it first came out and have attempted to play a few times in the last couple years and got to roughly level 110. One thing that was blaringly obvious was the difference in mob hit numbers and abilities in expansions. I know most will say "get better gear/aa", well, even so...I don't really think it should take months to acquire these things on a casual schedule. Would it be so farfetched to have a more scaled back version of mob damage and such, make it a separate server or something. Scaling back is done in some games when things start to get out of reach. Just a thought.
  2. quakedragon Augur

So a server where everything hits for less?
    Sure, I think it can be done, they already have a scaling feature (CotF, TBM HA's).

Making 1-75 mobs easier I feel like would be too easy, but toning down 75 - 115 mobs, that would be nice.

I believe 50-70 mobs didn't require you to have max AA's, but every expansion from level 85, they assume you have all your AA's, so if you don't. You get rekt'd hard, and even if you do, you still can get rekt. Tone it down! Like not fighting a named, it's fighting trash that DB con so suppose to win, but can't even handle it 1 on 1.

Every expansion from level 85, they expect max AA, mob to be slowed, mob to be this and that, you to have a healer, you to have a mezzer, full group stuff. Returning player comes strutting around years later, jeez why so powerful.

Be nice if slowing a mob actually made an impact, like it was a beneficial thing, it was a NICE TO HAVE, if you slowed a mob, many worries go away, like it was back then. But today, slowing a mob, that's required, if you didn't do it that's why level 85+ mob is hitting so hard so fast.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never been able to fight according to scale in zones that others say they have no problem conquering. Others say they easily conquer X or Y mission or task and I get killed as soon as I zone in.

Had to take it slower and usually fought at least one or two zones below what others were doing. Or even an expansion behind.

And it really worked fine - I did not get any physical cooties from killing in lower zones. Yeah I don't get top level in one week but you can buy a pl or whatever if that is important to one. Then go back and wipe out those mobs that gave you issues.

Plus I found many zones off the beaten path that were fairly easy for my level and skills.

If you need you can buy almost any armor or weapon you want in baz. And stat food and drink items to help boost your stats.

Originally the game was built around each class bringing something to the group that would enable the group to be well rounded and handle mobs of equal level. And it is still set up that way. EQ is not a solo game nor is it geared to instant gratification.
  4. quakedragon Augur

Usually when someone says its easy, its because they already did the content before. They probably have a 115 main.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My main just hit 115 this last week along with her backup singers at 114 each. Some of us just play different. I am not even near the current expansion and that's ok :)
    Qelil and Yinla like this.
  6. Ozon Augur

If this were to happen I suspect it would have to be a one way server or no transfer server. If it were up to current content, and I assume raids would also be *easy mode*, I could see some guild all transferring on before a new expac, and blowing all the content up to claim serverwide first, for bragging rights. Seems quite sad to me, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Would transfer to a hard mode server.
    Aenvar and disclose like this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I had to stop in and like this just for this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

you have no idea how much i'd like an original rulest, corspe runs, /consent playername = loot rights with a 1:1 expansion release time ratio - follow the exact dates.

I feel the same about a total casual version of live, where xp goes at 3x normal rate and prenerfs never stop dropping.

The most fun I have ever had in EQ was that very short window where delightful Orb of Frozen Magic, Copper Hammer of Striking proced at level one and KEI landed on level one. it was mad sick silly fun,, for like three? weeks.

Second to that was beating Underfoot with my new guild after my old guild (and many others) collapsed / merged. Raid guilds on my server dropped from 14 capable to 3 capable.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I think that's a popular sentiment! I feel like if I wanted that the p99 and other emulators would provide a more authentic experience than what DPG is prepared to give.

But I'm a live EQ player who likes the current game, just wants harder versions of it. Not in terms of death penalty or uhh, realism of travel / meditating etc, just bigger risk for the day to day fights I encounter.
  11. Windance Augur

Dethyn

Most of the expansions are tuned to be challenging to players from the previous expansion.

Once you have worked your way through all the AA/XP grinds and hit max level/AA and gotten the gear the expansion is much easier.

Some expansions were notably harder than others. For example TBL saw a HUGE increase in AE damage. It also had HUGE HP upgrades on the gear, and some type 18/19 augs to help mitigate them.

---------

With respect to 'easy mode' sever they sort of did that with 'selos' TLP where XP was 2x as fast as normal, so in theory you'd be able to get your level/AA's done faster.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

A lot of the pain of leveling may be aleviated if there were other players to group with. Dividing newer/returning players among 20+ servers doesn't help. Some type of cross-server play might be a boon here.

Once Agents of Change go live, you could probably have oldworld through UF fully "server consolidated" where every live, non-special ruleset server is using the same instance of the zone.

Obviously you'd want exceptions for zones like Tutorial/CR, PoK/Lobby/Bazaar.

You'd also want the ability for players to spawn a private instance to reduce competition for things like old epic camps, etc.
    Aenvar likes this.
  13. quakedragon Augur

Is Agent of Change not live yet? Or is something special to happen to it?
    I looked at a 2018 thread talking about Agent of Change, maybe its been the works for 3 years? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agent-of-change-guide-lfg.249842/
    Not following with you saying "once agents of change go live"

Also one other thing to consider if 1 or 0 people goto the hotzone MMM, while every other player goes to bunch of other zones because theres a lot of options it will still be tough to find people and some people avoid really popular zones due to good chance of level 115s just in a 80s 90s zone to clearing everything too.

With a lot of options and none being 'the best option' (i mean MMM is a hotzone and its still empty, figure hotzones are best option). They should make a best option like TSS. CR is the best option for 1-20. BFM is the best option 15-30.

If we talking about mid levels finding each other and doing stuff, I think a TSS like expansion zones is the way to go. Have everything done by quests to prevent 115s clearing everything (TSS was a lot of quests, they were good at its time). Quests like the ones in TBS. Then get good amount of xp and some parts quests require a group like in TSS some of the quests were group quests, for even more xp. Have xp based on lvl too, so 115 doing the xp dont get squat, but a lvl 95 they get real nice xp. I should be able to lvl in 90s every 6 hours playtime just moloing too, faster if i can find a group and it would be nice to have rewards so I can handle stuff my level as I level. A zone does not get nerfed/have requirements unlike HA's, like gribbles, so having actual TSS-like zones is big.
  14. Gialana Augur

Agents of Change have been available on most, if not all TLP servers but have never been available on the standard (live) servers. With the patch this coming Wednesday, Agents of Change are due to be available on the live servers.
    Dre. and Stymie like this.
  15. josh Augur

a hard mode and easy mode server would be interesting, and I don't think it would be that hard to do, just put a buff/debuff on every npc similar to mitigation of the mighty. You wouldn't need to do any reward/penalty since they would be their own server, you could prevent server transfers to others and all that
  16. Dre. Altoholic

Consider that you can heroic into grouping range with a 115, I don't think its necessary to disable transfers to live servers. Except maybe from FV.
  17. quakedragon Augur

Easy to me sounds like leveling and having others help you level and so on, play with others, able to solo/molo decently while waiting for groups. Gear is good for every 15 levels.
    Hard to me sounds like empty zones, for 20 levels, having to regear every 5 levels, xp comes very slowly., and having to proactively to form groups
  18. Mikana Augur

Could achieve an "easy mode" without having a dedicated server, just sell some items (armour/augs) in the Marketplace that give high amounts of AC/HEM, and scale from level 1-110, so they are useful for getting you to the top, but don't give an advantage once you are there?

Yes, it's pay to win, but these days, what isn't?
  19. Namde Augur

Lol, wow. This is how games progress. The mobs are tougher, you get better, or you should be getting better.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

Better mercs, smarter mercs, allow 2 mercs at once.