Easiest Classes for Beginners on New TLP Servers

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ibc93, May 29, 2021.

1. ibc93 Elder

Does anyone have any opinions of what classes are the most beginner friendly for someone unfamiliar with EverQuest? I'm thinking like rogue, mage, warrior, etc. Looking to make a YouTube video on the topic.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

probably monk

so overpowered, needs little gear, and can solo/flop most stuff.
    ibc93 and Skuz like this.
  3. killswitch87 Journeyman

Magician.
    ibc93 and Skuz like this.
  4. Quik Augur

For soloing, necro. It is an easy class to learn and do well with and it has a high ceiling to grow into.

Even an average necro player is still OP.

Grouping, either Cleric, Shaman, or Druid maybe for healing. All easy to pick up. Shaman is the busiest of the three and is my personal favorite.
    Skuz and ibc93 like this.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Easiest (but still useful)? Definitely Magician.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

mage by far target mob send pet rinse and repeat!

Andarriel
  7. ibc93 Elder

Thank you all for the replies :)
  8. SleezerGeezer Elder

Too late now, but Mage and Monk.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

The 3 pet classes are best for new players imo. NEC or ENC would be best for a YouTube series. People hold high expectations for tanks, healers, CC and pullers. A lot of people don't even notice when a DPS is doing a bad job. Not like a cleric missing a heal and wiping the group which is blatantly obvious.

I get the mage, monk and rogue ideas. NEC however is a class that also has a ton of abilities that gives you a lot of spin off material. ENC is also like this. ENC is commonly only expected to haste, C and throw a mez here or there. The ENC however has a ton of abilities which makes a good spin off. You can play ENC simple or do a multipart series on charming, pulling, CC, etc.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Druid as it's eq easy mode...you have sow, ports, heals, nukes, dots, buffs...everything contained in 1 class. Not as powerful as other specialized classes but it's the #1 choice of grandmothers who want to play eq for a reason.
    Raptorjesus5 and Pelrond like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

Rogue, just get behind the mob and set up a couple of hotkeys to backstab and pickpocket :D
  12. Metanis Bad Company

I always though the War was the easiest class. A damage sponge with a sword grafted on...
  13. Marton Augur

Mage or Monk.