Easiest Class to play in EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 20, 2020.

1. ptah Augur

I would review the story of EQ with her, share the lore of game, offering a small story line for each toon type, and just let explore and learn.

I dont think there string line selection flow chart that directions answer of 20 questions to subclass this or that. Only after adventuring and learn what interest she expresses can choice of play be made. For most of us, that will change over time so focus to the perfect answer is false one.

If dad wanted cut corners and find an ideal match, review pattern of player interest and compare those to EQ heroes. Sometimes they match up and sometimes they are backward of users profile.

Have fun and enjoy, support and let her be her own gamer, the wealth of shared time is sometime we all enjoy and YOU have chance to do. Smile and have fun.
  2. Questoften32 Augur

Why not a warrior?!

That's why they took away there xp bonus because they felt there 1 to 51 killing abilities to be equalized with other classes, right? So silly me, they did not need the extra xp! Because of this and mitigation, I guess I'll go ahead and recommend them...or not.

Also a halfling because people ''on the whole'' really like short characters and they will be so popular you should be seeing them every where! So its a good thing they did away, with there unneeded xp bonus!

Wheew, otherwise nothing but halfling ''prob auto attack melee'' everywhere as it is the natural choice for most players!

Try a BST.
    Edit: (hope nobody thinks I'm being sarcastic ''I do recommend the beast lord'').
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

If she's 23yo and is going to play with you, she should just play a couple of classes in the tutorial. Once she has picked one she is willing to complete the tutorial with, then heroic it and start playing with you. It's not what I would recommend for all new players, but she will be playing with your support so she will be fine. ToV has very AEs and the XP rate will be so high that a few deaths may be frustrating but will be negligable.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  4. Sappas Journeyman

Probably any class except maybe cleric and warrior would work imo. Those aren't necessarily very hard classes but they do often require you be on the ball compared to most other classes. Heck, in most fights a wizard or other class could afk and it would have little to no effect on the outcome other than a slower kill. Not the case for the cleric or warrior.
    Yet, all of those other classes would allow her to "grow". As she learned more she would become more effective... take on more important roles... etc. For example, someone new to the mage class is still going to be good dps. However, as they learn more they can take on much more responsibility like pet tanking, off tanking using RS pets and/or normal pets, and even playing a vital role in pulling using coth and other abilities.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

It really depends on your play style. BL can complement just about any other class since it has a little bit of everything.
    Do you want to switch to hack and slash like an SK? Or use a pet/caster class like a mage or necro. If you went druid you get nukes dots, track, heals and gates. Either way with the advent of mercs you don't need to worry about her class other than what she likes to play.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

easiest class is the one you cant play...like now :)
    Yinla likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

If I were you I'd play a bard with her beast lord. Second choice would be a druid
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I would actually argue that for a new player who is going to molo that warrior might be the easiest class to play. As the strongest tank, its abilities aren't as important while using a cleric merc.

Even a cleric would be plenty fine to play with friends / parents if there is a merc / dru / shm / etc in the group to cover the patches.

It's really all situational. I think the most important part of the decision is not what is the easiest to play, but what will create the most passion so she wants to keep playing. A desire to succeed to overcome all difficulty.

All classes are easy to play. All classes are difficult to play exceptionally.
  9. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Also if you wanted to just stick wiz it would be easy to heroic her, then just bring her along with your normal groups in TOV or GMM, she will get great XP and lots of rot drops.
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Also if you wanted to just stick wiz it would be easy to heroic her, then just bring her along with your normal groups in TOV or GMM, she will get great XP and lots of rot drops.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Not everyone who plays Everquest wants to be a Michael Jordan of their class.

I would say all classes, if you want to maximize every inch of it and push the envelope to do the absolute most the class can do, are difficult when looking at those parameters. But if you do not care about pushing yourself to the limit, if you just want to do some stuff and have fun, then the easiest class would be a damage dealing class. Those classes are generally very low stress and can be carried by tanks and healers.

Let's face it- you get.a strong tank and a competent healer, you can insert any four people and be successful 98% of the time. Yes it may not be the most efficient, but it can be done.

A wizard stands there and casts some damage spells at a mob. Good wizards do more, excellent wizards do more than that.

Rogue, wizard, magician, berserker are probably the four easiest classes to do basic stuff in game with no stress. Of course doing just basic stuff produces mediocre results, but the OP asked for easy...
  12. Fian Augur

I guess the question is does she want to be the character that is key to a group's success? There is more pressure playing those classes, but some love it. But since she probably doesn't know what she would love playing (hey I rolled a paladin when I first started), playing a class with a variety of abilities might be the most educational for her. Beastlord isn't a bad choice, another good one is druid. Does she enjoy healing, root rot dps, quadding, tank and spank? After she gets to a respectable level, she can then be in a good position to decide what she really wants to play. One positive for druid is you said she likes foraging. Beastlords have forage as well, just not very high - but for a new char, maybe they don't care about that.
  13. Vythika New Member

Normal Difficulty - Classes that require quick reaction times: War, Pal, SK
    Easy Difficulty - Everything else
  14. kizant Augur

I just think you have to consider the ability to accomplish things on your own when suggesting an easy class to play. Assuming they like the game and start playing more often they're going to try doing things on their own at some point. If they do that as a wizard in current content the chance that they end up quitting is going to go way up.
  15. enclee Augur

16. Odiiusx Elder

Just make her play a rogue, then send her out to do all your ground spawn collects...that should keep her busy.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

There is no "easy" class as it were. I'd just have her choose for her self what she likes in fantasy be it an Ogre, a Troll, Wood Elf, a Dwarf, etc. and then what she thinks would make a fun class- d
    oes she like animals, does she like magic, does she like martial arts, is she into black magic..
    . ^^! In most video games, one of the best things is choosing said character and class. Let her explore her options. I'd have her get into the lore as well and roleplay a bit, but that is totally up to her discretion. Maybe have her start in Firiona Vie as the XP is faster. She will find out sooner than later if she likes that class.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

When you play a tank and have no appreciation for the CC, pullers and healers who are carrying you.
  19. Celephane Augur

What what? You barely even know anything about this game. You constantly go on and on about your "classic" whatever, but you don't even know low level stuff about certain races that were also classic. Please hold your comments about stuff you do know...if that should ever occur
    Dracolindus and Vumad like this.
  20. Brosa Augur

Easiest class does not equal desired class. With out knowing the dynamics of the players ability and interests its very hard to determine the BEST/easiest class for the player to play. The "easiest" (less to do or least group reliant) might eventually just bore her out of the game. The "toughest" (most to do or most group reliant) class might discourage her out of the game. It is really a personality/style assessment.

To be vanilla at this point:
    Casters are not complex and not necessarily the primary points of the groups survival, but can have a great impact on the success regardless of other group members abilities.
    Hybrids can be complicated but not a primary point of a groups survival and success, but usually have more of a utility/fun aspect of things when it comes to group make up.
    Priests may be the least complex but can be a primary point of a groups survival and success depending on their and the other group members abilities.
    Tanks are not very complex but have a large impact of the groups survival and success.

To a skilled player no class is "complex" once they learn it. A good player is a good player. The only thing dividing a player from being better at Class A vs Class B is preference and possibly play style.

With all that said ... let her role a necromancer and see what happens