Easier ToV nameds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I usually box a 115 Paladin and a 115 Rogue, both with healer mercs. They have decent (non raid gear) and most essential AA's. Are there nameds in ToV that are easier to kill? I have killed a lot of nameds with a full group, but the folks I usually group with are not able to be on much lately and won't be on much for a bit.
  2. Szilent Augur

are there any that you *can't* kill with a 115 pal who has a dps partner?
    Zamiam and Yendar like this.
  3. PhinigelKronoFarmer Journeyman

Without knowing your actual stats/gear, just going off 115 Pal/Rog with mercs "with decent gear", you should be able to handle basically any T1 named (EW/GD/CC/Mines)
  4. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I 3-box a WAR/WIZ/RNG + melee merc + 2 healers, and I've occasionally died to T1 named, but usually that was because of tactical errors on my part, not a lack of dps or healing. Especially once I hit 115, that became rare. I would expect a PAL/ROG duo + mercs to just need more time than I take to make the kills.

Where I run into problems is the missions. I've tried Griklor several times without a success and the GD one once. It is always the difficulty of boxing them that gets me, though my dps is pretty low compared to what I see people saying their groups do, as well.

My other problem is being an altaholic. I switch to working on alts too quickly if I'm not making progress on my main team.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

I killed named Dire wolf in EW a lot and Loremaster in GD before I was T3 geared. They seemed to go down pretty easy.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

you should be able to kill pretty much all the T1 named at 115 with decent AAs... even if you were still in TBL T2 group gear.

The only ones that gave my tanks any real issues afte they were in T2 ToV / TS gear were in Kael and ToFS. velks was a challenge but doable.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I would ditch a healer merc, add another rogue merc, and all mobs would die easy peasy. A decent aa’d/gear pally should have zero issues in this expac. With two healers you are wasting heals and dps.
    Zamiam, Nennius and Szilent like this.
  8. Yendar Augur

My mostly group geared monk can molo every TOV namer with a dragon glyph. I can also molo them on my mage who has all group gear except a pet ear.. and my enchanter (raid geared but I could also do in group gear) with dire charm. You should be fine for everything with a paladin if you know how to play it, the T2 are obviously a lil harder than than T1 though.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great suggestion. Thank you. I have been spoiled by having a regular group to fight with. My goal is to farm ores. Looking for the simplest path to farm this. Anyway, thank you all for the really good ideas. I do appreciate it.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

A dead mob can't kill you. Add dps as much as you can until tank/healing is insufficient.
  11. aozs Augur

If ores are the goal, I would suggest working on learning missions until you can farm them with your box team. They will probably be around 10x better in terms of return on time investment compared to farming nameds (not exaggerating, it might be even better than that).
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I have used healer mercs (just one per group) since they made them and not had many nameds I could not handle yet.