Earth Pet and Aggro

Discussion in 'Casters' started by qsnoopyjr, Jul 12, 2021.

1. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

Heya.
    I have a Bard, Nec, Mage team, all L 115 (wish I didn't have to box but grouping is dead on my server).
    I am having a real problem with my earth pet holding aggro off of my Nec pet and my Bard rogue merc. Earth pet set to tank (mage), taunt on, hate weps. Rogue merc set on balanced. Nec pet has taunt turned off. When I pull a blue mob earth pet grabs immediately when I hit the attack button and grabbing the mob works every time. The problem is after initial contact the aggro jumps between Nec pet, Bard rogue merc and Earth pet. It bounces around like spit on a hot skillet. I hope I have given enough parameters that you could kindly help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I want the earth pet to grab aggro and keep aggro. Your thoughts / coaching greatly appreciated.
  2. Szilent Augur

Rooted monsters attack the enemy that is physically closest to them, regardless of the agro being generated. The earth pet roots mobs.

If you want the magician pet to tank for other pets, you'll have to use Air.
  3. Chorus Augur

turn off pet casting to stop the rooting. However, I Have a chanter with 3 mage setup and the earth pet root doesn't bounce aggro around between the pets when rooting, it does if a player or merc gets in range however. Maybe try swapping out the rogue merc for a wizard.

Also, rogue mercs have broken aggro mechanics. They're a little nutty with it. Not sure if merc aa eventually even that out a bit, as I've stopped using mercs altogether these days.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Root hasn't worked like that in awhile though.

Earth pet doesn't have good aggro, give it conflagrant knight 1handers, or warrior 1handers instead of just the stuff you summon.

Make sure to give it fero legs/haste belt for more swing aggro.

Or the better choice is just use Air pet or water if you can get away with it.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I have no issues with aggro using an earth pet. My group consists of 2 mages. I use earth and water and a rouge merc. When I send the earth pet in, it takes the aggro, it always does. Earth has taunt on and water it's turned off.

I equip it with either 2 rage swords or a weapon that drops from TOV. I also equip it with the Guardian's Conflagrant Mask. That increases the hate generated by 22%. It's also an EM 29 pet, so that might make a difference. ( Both pets are EM 29) I haven't tested it with a group EM.