Early Up-Time Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by The real Sandaormo, Apr 21, 2021.

1. The real Sandaormo Augur

Thanks!! Awesome job.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Precisely

Great job Team!

I propose 0.5x XP weekend in recognition /nod
  3. kizant Augur

The devs won this round.
    Duder and Metanis like this.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

24 hours of bonus exp, followed by 12 hours of negative exp. It's the reward we deserve...
  5. Gremag Journeyman

Up already? I feel cheated out of complaining.

This is horrible. Just horrible.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Jondalar Augur

Excellent work! Thank you!
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise this morning to find the servers were up and running!

/cheer
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Underpromising and overdelivering is definitely the way to go when it comes to these long outages! Appreciate it being up so quickly!
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Much faster then expected great work. Always better to set the expectations properly and that was done in this case. Suggesting it could be a 36 hour downtime was the right call in my mind.
    Skuz and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Sindace Elder

I too was impressed with the early uptime..... Until I got to character select and everything took 12-29!! seconds to load characters. Then logging into the game can barely turn around and zoning is running 3-5 minutes now. But yes, nice job on bringing the world back online, somehow with more lag than it started with. Let me know when the patch to patch the patch will be.

Edit- 24.78 seconds to turn around once, in a guild hall with no one in it.

Not normal.
  11. Sobmre Augur

LOL , all they did was add more time then it was really expected to take. anyone in IT knows this trick...we learned it from Scotty in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
    Rondor, Zamiam, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If it's that obvious, then why have they never done it before? :)

Oh yeah, also Scotty in the ST:TNG episode with the Dyson sphere
  13. Cicelee Augur

The happiness and positivity in this thread leads me to the conclusion that all monthly patch announcements should state that servers will be down for 36 hours.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Darn it DBG, you ruined my well laid plans to buy some limes.
  15. Sobmre Augur

because they are probably more of starwars fans "the new Disney starwars trilogy" that is
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Trick or not, it's smart.

Good job, DBG on completing the maintenance within your window. :)
    Skuz, I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Nennius like this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well Done!!!!!!!

I like being wrong at times. And this is one of those times.
    Skuz and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  18. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Thanks, darkpaw team! Great work and it was a pleasant surprise being able to log in last night and take care of a few things.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's your computer. Undoubtedly. My EQ experience is the same as it always is.
  20. Rondor Augur

Another reference to this is in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Day of Flux" where B'elanna Torres does the opposite: Captain Janeway asks Torres when something can be completed, Torres replies tomorrow, Janeway says she'll expect it today, then Torres says that no she really means tomorrow, and she does not exaggerate like some other Star Fleet engineers might. Words to that effect.

There's room for both methods! Exaggerate when necessary to appease someone or make them on-time if they're always late, or be more precise and get people to trust your estimates even if they're not always quite perfect but close enough.

Either way, it's geat that the downtime was completed earlier this time! Thank you.
    Tatanka likes this.