DX9c and EQ installs ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by xxGriff, Oct 15, 2018.

1. xxGriff Augur

One of the more common issues people have after installing EQ, is the missing DX9c files from the June 2011 DirectX End-user Runtime. why is this not included in the install? i mean if your committed to downloading EQ another 95mb is not gonna really matter. Especially if it prevents the issues many come and post that their "EQ wont start..."

Just curious as to why the last DX 9c re-distributable is not included? or at least a link to download with a statement that these files are required (From Microsoft) for all supported Ms-OS's 7 thru 10. noting that just because your version of Windows may have a newer version of DirectX (10/11 or 12), that the DX9c supplemental is required. just think it could save more than a couple folks from the frustration of EQ not running after a new install.
  2. Warpeace Augur

It is included in the EQ install.
  3. xxGriff Augur

I had to dl and re-install for my nephew so he could play, he grabbed from steam, and was stuck. ran launchpad and after checking files, error cannot find a DX9 dll. Si have not reinstalled or had to dl as i keep a backup of my install, but is the actual DX9c June redist in the dl? or is it the web-installer? I know the web-install did not work in Win 8/8.1 and the full file was req to get working. thanks )
  4. Warpeace Augur

I know the last time I downloaded Everquest from Daybreaks site Direct X was the very first thing it installed before moving on to the everquest install. This was within the last 45 days. To be honest the Direct X installer Daybreak provides can be declined and it really should not be able to.

I cant speak for other sourced to download and install Everquest.
  5. xxGriff Augur

OK, thanks Warpeace. will wait until next time a friend or relative dl's, and I will monitor to make certain DX9 is installed. Steam vs dl from DBG )