Dusting off my warrior

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Bonechips, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Bonechips New Member

I've not played since Omens of war respectively, I had a few classes but mainly played a necro and a warrior. I was going to use one of my Heroic character slots to dust the old warrior off. What's their current state? Easy to lvl to 105? Groups? Tanking? Any site with up to date info I can read about on where to go, what to lvl, quests and such? Mainly looking to get back into raiding, and def just general tanking
  2. Isule Elder

will take you a while to be a viable raid tank (gear and aug requirements for tanks are HIGH).
  3. Coronae New Member

Warriors are awesome and with their abilities u won't need that much gear or augs until later. An 85 heroic war can get 30ac augs in every slot from those quests in the feerrott. I had a lvl96 war with heroic gear tanking 105 HAs.
  4. Endless Augur

I don't know how long you've been away, but EQ has changed a lot since I last actively played. I started playing @ a month ago and started a heroic warrior, shaman and druid (which I swapped to enchanter by lvl90). It took @2 to 3 weeks to get them all to lvl105, with maxing what I consider important AA's for my warrior. Also completed epic 1, 1.5 and 2.0 as well as 300 in brewing and baking. Wasn't really trying to level fast and even spent the first week+ camping crap AC augs from old(er) world content that netted very little to zero experience, so no doubt you can go from 85 to 105 in under two weeks easily......if you three box. Or can instantaneously be in a group when you log on.

Gear wise, it's very easy to get gear that will allow you to survive tanking content relevant to your level, from the bazaar for not that much PP. Heroic gear is fine till lvl92+ and at 90/92 you can get Fear touched or random bazaar stuff that will do you well till lvl100, where you can get Castaway and then Highwater. There is Tideworn in-between that, but I wouldn't use any extra effort on it.

AA wise, they give you AA's till lvl90. Think you'll have 5000+ by 90, without actually working on AA's. After that, I just switched to AA's to max out CS/CA, shield block, innate type agro and a few more and continued on with leveling. I think one Deadhill HA gets @13 or 18 AA's per run without lessons and @30 with.

They've tuned it so you can rush to end game and actually function in it, if you wanted. It won't take you years of working AA's and marathon camping for gear to be useful.
  5. Bonechips New Member

I really appreciate all the comments and helpful information