Duriek Bloodpool - Needs Fix

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LordDragon, Aug 31, 2020.

1. LordDragon New Member

Summary: Change Duriek Bloodpool to not despawn instantly on turn-in.

This is an extremely toxic part of the SK Epic that needs some Dev love.

Today while waiting in Paineel with several other SKs, Duriek spawned, sort of. He never even rendered on my screen, but he gave his turn in speech and despawned. It wasn't just a failure of my computer, as the other SKs present did not see him either. Since you have to hand him four separate items it's not possible that someone did this legit. Clearly they had software to instantly target and turn in. This wasn't the first time it's gone down like this according to SKs present.

If the devs leave this as it is, then the message is this: the only people who get to have their SK Epic in era are cheaters.

Back in the day this wouldn't have been an issue, as there would have been a limited number of Soul Leeches from Cazic Thule. But with DZs everyone can have a Soul Leech.

And before you argue that there should be a limited number of epics, consider that this a replay of the game that's been replayed many times. People want to experience some things they weren't able to in Y2K, including one of the most rewarding parts of the game. Also consider that we have 3 months of Kunark this time versus a year back in the day.

Please make Duriek not instantly despawn upon turn in so that non-cheaters can complete their epic too.
    Aurican, Zaphod and Thewiz like this.
  2. chunk normous New Member

Yup the SK epic is totally crazy dumb also Lhranc is the very same as Duriek with an even longer spawn and window :( they need to make Duriek and marl not despawn at all and then give Lhranc and Caradon a 3 hour respawn. this would make it comparable to other epics on tlp servers.

I stayed awake for 21 hours sitting and stairing at Duriek. Caradon I waiting 27 hours to spawn.
    Lhranc I think I waited like 24 hours with knowing when his window could first spawn...

At the Caradon camp other SKs were around who were setting alarm for 1 hour intervals so that they could get sleep... this is not fun.. this is not content even in era. In era one person would of got a soul leech then be able to do the other stuff >.<

also I think its worth noting that on other servers or forum post the people who got their SK epic want to keep it special so they tell all the other posters to deal with it cause they did. I have it and I still say it need to be nerfed, I like legit for real feel bad for the other SKs and I don't mean their characters I legitimately feel bad about the person behind the computer that has to REAL LIFE suffer for this item.
    Zaphod and Skuz like this.
  3. chunk normous New Member

I got lucky that I did my epic before there was a crowd I did it while everyone was leveling. I think people need to stream this trade If he instantly depops then you know someones up to something. I dont remember it off hand but I heard Duriek also thanks whoever did the trade so it would be easy to prove it to a GM, I hope people are reporting this when it happens
  4. Xhartor Augur

Multiple SK can do Caradon when he is up. You only need to kill Kyenna, you can evac without killing Caradon and he will remain up for another SK to complete this part of an event.

Also back during Live the Decrepit Hide was the major bottleneck in SK epic not Soul Leech. Hate required raids to clear, the Ashenbone drake were located on the second floor away from any major raid targets and the drop was rare.
  5. Dartaniun Augur

This particular bottleneck 100% encourages cheating. There is no way that a person can physically give 4 items to an NPC and click the trade button as fast as it happens. No way.

The devs saw the large roadblocks with the SK epic quest with Marl Kastane and they changed the quest so he doesn't despawn at every turn in as well as shortening his respawn timer. When this happened all they did was move the roadblock further down the quest line to where it currently resides with Duriek. There is absolutely no reason why Duriek and Lhranc in City of Mist have to have such long respawn timers. Hell, the warder in Skyfire for the final cleric fight respawns in less than 30 mins.

With the amount of influx of cash that you get from TLP servers there has got to be a change in these two mobs. As it stands right now only 30 SKs on the entire server can finish their epics in era, which means at both of these spots you have 5-10 people standing around waiting for a respawn.

Fix this.
    LordDragon and Zaphod like this.
  6. Dartaniun Augur

I thought Aradune was supposed to have GM support by the way? If that's the case it shouldn't be hard to look into this and get it fixed
    LordDragon likes this.
  7. Rancidwolf New Member

Echoing those above, this quest line is unacceptable in its current state and needs to be fixed. Just go look at the epic progress for guilds on aradune progress and you will see 3 classes that glaringly stand out as not having very many epics done. The fact that we are limited to 30 total SKs on the server who can get their epics during Kunark is terrible. It will be even less than that because you would need 100% perfect timing to fit the 30 in. Many classes already have more than 30 epics just a couple weeks in. How is this even slightly comparable?
    LordDragon likes this.
  8. Zaphod New Member

The SK epic turn-in mobs need their respawn timers adjusted to bring the quest more in line with other classes.The difficulty in the quest is not in farming the items, it's the interminable wait for the quest NPCs to respawn after the previous SK did their turn-in. This is very poor design.

I'm no game dev, but it seems to me that this should be a relatively straightforward fix. Is there some complex interplay of respawn timers that needs to be maintained, or is it just a case of editing a value in a database?

With the ongoing popularity of TLPs and the length of time in Kunark, this is a worthwhile problem to address.
    LordDragon likes this.
  9. bardybard Augur

There is a 100% legitimate way to do it... You are just not knowledgeable enough about this game to know how it is done.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

You sound like one of the Karendune's that go around reporting people for botting because they have 2 similarly-named mages in their group. And while the guy above me sounds like a complete tool implying he's harboring some kind of super rocket science info, the gist is:

EQ's cursor can hold several items at once (Google it, I don't care enough to teach people). All those items go into trade as soon as you open a window. A properly positioned trade button and a /target hotkey can turn in 4 items just about as fast as you can click your mouse twice.

"Programs" can't even do it this fast because they can only do it iteratively (find item, pick up item, put item in trade window, repeat).
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's a well known rule on the internet that everyone worse than me sucks and needs to git gud and everyone better than me is a hacker or cheater and needs to be banned.
    Xyphen likes this.
  12. Maze Elder

Fill inventory slots with bone chips.

Hand items to pet.

Voila, stacked on cursor.

Spam hand in with cursor placed over TRADE
  13. LordDragon New Member

There is no legitimate way to turn it in before he renders on everyone else's computer. Nice try.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Aradune GMs are only there to suspend honest AFK players.
  15. Duriekbloodpool New Member

I want to add this and remind that lhranc also has this same awful turn in mechanic and has a much longer window clicking where a mob spawns for hours is killing me please fix duriek and lhranc like you did marl and or make the spawn in picks please
    LordDragon likes this.
  16. chunk normous New Member

truthfully marl shouldn't despawn at all ether once someones at stage 2 the same thing happens with him, I dont get at all how waiting for a spawn is content. also because marl despawns this encourages killing caradon.
  17. Jedis Arch Mage

Please fix this. It is a source of contention among SKs and does not make the game fun. Staring at nothing for days is growing tiresome.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

SS and/or video or it didn't happen.

Also, the good news is the SK epic 1.0 is one of the worst epics in the game and not even really good in era.
  19. Kodachi Augur

The fact a screenshot or video is needed to prove something of this nature is just sad. Server logs would show exactly when he spawned and the hand in happened... that and with how fast these npcs poof out of nowhere, the video isn't going to show you anything useful anyway. I watched this happen awhile back on mangler. The NPC doesn't even load into the game fully before its already gone.

The fact the tlps have the same problems every single time is telling though of just how little the rules matter.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

I'm pretty sure this wasn't an intended function of handing items to a pet to then be used for player character quest turn in. While not something that I think needs immediate attention, it is an exploit under the context of circumstance. The point is that this isn't something that players should have to do on a TLP just to turn in quest items because of competition.

Keep NPCs like the above static and problem solved.