Duplicate item names

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Greymantle, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Greymantle Augur

Mithra, Nennius, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

There are tons of items with the same name not likely to get any of them changed.
    Aanuvane and GNOME_POWER like this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

If we don't ask they cannot say no!
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

It was once an interesting thing to have multiples of the same item, whereby one or more (but not all) were used for a quest, a combine, etc. It added some flavor, or at the very least a reason to identify the lore of the item in-game to determine which one you had.

However, since the advent of various item tags (tradeskills, quest, etc), it has become less meaningful (9+ different "bone chips" or 2 different "vampyre volatilis ashes" for example). I would think the vast majority of the duplication/triplication and so on could be cleaned up, but why should anyone spend the time to do that?
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

Well there is built in lore tag now so you don't have to cast a spell to figure out which you have.
  6. Greymantle Augur

Well by cleaning up the database they could reduce the number of items a bit get rid of some of the chaff.I am aware there a more items with duplicate names. I just ran into this one last night and thought i was lucky to find a semi rare TS item on the vender. Irritated me no end when the combine would not work. :)