Duo option for Rogue

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kyrnn, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Kyrnn New Member

I am debating between: Enchanter for thier ADPS capacity and crowd control/slow, versus to Magician for their pet tank and additional DPS to rogue's. I am open to other suggestion as well.
  2. Fhiele Augur

I run with a chanter. It turns out to work better then the bard I was working, or even the shaman. Using cleric and warrior merc, it gives us a fully capable group, for camping group loot, and questing. The AA XP is much better soloing though.
  3. Riou EQResource

If the pet is being meant to tank, your Rogue wont be melee DPS'ing. I would go with a Shaman (for waaaaaaay better ADPS for your Rogue) or something though, with cleric/tank mercs.
  4. Falos Augur

Yeah I agree, I was thinking Shaman are prolly the best 2 box for a rogue. Enchanter is nice as and all but the utility of shaman for melee dps far exceed that of chanters.
    Another possible box that would be good with rogue imo is ranger, though not as ideal as shaman.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Casters and priests are always easier to box than melees.
    But if you are going to go melee, slows and hastes are a must! However I love the versatility of my Magician. ;)
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

A pet cannot ever hold aggro from a player in melee range, so the Mage pet can't tank unless the Rogue stands back and uses Throwing or something!

It really depends what your goals are. Will you be alone or will you join groups and/or raids? Do you want to quest, progress, go after named to gear up, or grind or some/all of the above and in what proportions? Do you mind hunting in the same area for a long time?

Enchanter is a great choice except from the low 30's up to 74 when we get our Perma-Stun back.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Bard, Shaman or some kind of tank class. Shaman will be nice when you need a healer for non-merc instances.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

I agree with that.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Any duo with a Rogue will have big trouble without mercs. Better to plan on filling the group on those occasions.
  10. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Shaman or Bard, you can't go wrong.
  11. Caudyr Augur

I agree with this. You want a shaman (or maybe a bard) if you're going to be using a rogue. If a pet is tanking, the rogue won't be attacking because it'll instantly get agro.
  12. Hatsee Augur

Well with any character you get a merc.

I would roll a shaman, pick a cleric merc on probably the rogue and a tank merc on the shaman. Assuming they hold agro rather well this should be a perfectly viable way to do almost anything but current content named mobs in VoA.
  13. Neodraykl Elder

Shaman is the best option when factoring in the tank and cleric merc. ADPS, slows, backup heals, and a DOT hotkey. What more could you want?
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Cupcakes.
  15. Neodraykl Elder

16. silku Augur

I've duoed with a rogue before, but boxing would be a bit more challenging. Via stuns and such, the rogue can easily get behind the mob and do good dps. But to play both would be a bit difficult IMO.
  17. Lace New Member

I've run with a druid as my secondary toon for a lot of years - you don't have a cleric merc soaking up your hard earned xp! Works quite well. Shammy is probably better, but I like the ports to get around.

Lace
  18. Aamonn Journeyman

I always try to group up with a Bard. No contest for me.
  19. JERUS Augur

Shaman or bard vote for me too. Shaman = spot healing/debuff/buffs, bard = better buffs/pulling/cc. Both have pros/cons overall I love shaman and I love bard, both are IMO the 2 best classes to box. With shaman you could potentially drop the healer merc and pick up a dps merc in it's spot if you're comfortable with it, which would be a nice bonus. Only thing you'd really lack is CC with a shaman but Virulent paralysis is not bad.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

A Bard makes life better. It doesn't run anything per-se, but all jobs are made more efficient. It's like you have a 5-man group instead of 6, but those 5 are running 50% better.