Dungeon Recommendation - Level 17

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Niskin, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I've been having a blast in Unrest, but the yard is getting a bit low. Grouping inside the house could probably keep me in the zone much longer, and I may do that, but I wanted to see about other options. Since the other dungeons aren't anywhere nearby, I'd like to move and get bound near whatever area I plan to try next. I ran over to Mistmoore but it looks like I'm still a bit low for that content.

At 17, where should I expect to find groups?

Runnyeye?
    Splitpaw?
    Permafrost? (is that the right name? I forget)
    Upper Guk?

Not worried so much about drops or plat, just want level appropriate grouping and getting to see some areas I didn't spend much time in back in the day. Was kind of hoping Runnyeye would be a good option, could solo in EK or Gorge when not grouping. I guess I forgot about High Hold Keep, only grouped there once back in the day. Any recommendations?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Guk is probably the only other "dungeon" around that level where you will see people actually grouping up. Nobody uses permafrost for the most part or Splitpaw just due to their position geographically. Runnyeye would probably be OK exp but you would need to form up a group and then head there instead of the other way around.

The lower levels of Befallen might also work but again, that's a dungeon where you form the group up and then head there rather than zonein and LFG.
  3. Leftharted Elder

Unrest can last till 30 easy. Inside the house takes you from 17ish-28ish, and basement is like 24-30.

Uguk would be good at 17 and various camps will carry you to almost 30, too.

Splitpaw is 26ish+, permafrost I think starts around the same, but not allot of experience there myself. Not sure about rinnyeye either.
  4. Baldur Augur

Don't forget about Najena! But yeah, Runnyeye is going to be full of people farming the gear, permafrost is too far out for people to go, and same with splitpaw. Splitpaw has enchanter mobs that charm as well, making it harder.

Upper Guk and Unrest are the 2 best places to find a group at that level. Although I do love Najena at that level. The goblins in the back or the ogres below are all good exp at that level. It's just not as frequented as Upper Guk and Unrest.
  5. Anhari Augur

High Hold Keep is level 30'ish so not really viable at 17. Back in the day, High Hold Pass was great to get groups and camp the Ogre's and the Gnolls, but I am not sure if anyone really goes there anymore. Only real reason today is to do the testament quest, and only wis casters really do that one.
  6. Baldur Augur

Ever since they reworked ZEM (zone experience modifiers) it's not really worth grouping in outdoor zones. They basically made all dungeons significantly higher ZEM than non dungeons, so you get significantly better experience in dungeons, even if you kill the same mob in an outdoor zone.
  7. Aenoan Augur

If you follow the server sheeple, you'll see a lot of groups in unreset and guk (upper and lower) they really don't know how to play the rest of the game outside of those two places.

Unfortunetly until DBG does something about Mage pets being able to attack and being able to loot through floors...Runneye is a terrible place to grind which is a shame because the exp is really, REALLY good there.

17 is to low for split paw, I'd go there at about 24-25 the exp is amazing. It's kind of a hidden gem of a zone. People are generally lazy so they skip it cause its soooooo farrrrr....uhhhh. (wow, the sass).
    I was down there recently and we did very well for ourselves, I went there at 23 I think? Cleric, Mage, Shaman, Druid, Mage (tanks apparently don't exist). And started in that first room, left there at 27 or so.

Permafrost is good for that level. I can't remember the if the exp was good but that place can be annoying to get too. They need to add a magus to the LDoN camp there for evil races. Otherwise its only really good for the good races because if there is a wipe / cr its tough because the only option for non casters (evil) is Qeynos and for good races Halas. Actually Qeynos isn't that bad really.

At 17 though if you are willing to think outside the box, I suggest HPH/HHK, SK, Permafrost, Najena, EK, SolA to an extent. Rathe Mountains also has a few lower level camps. Kithicor has been fixed FINALLY so thats another alright place to exp in, 17 might be to high for that now though. OOT Gargoyles and maybe pirates...

No matter what however you are kinda stuck making your own groups for most places outside of Unrest / Guk. Until again DBG incentivizes players to venture out, which they won't do because they went the lazy route and nerfed quest xp and gave us /picks rather then making more zones more desirable.

Still I encourage you to explore. I plan to live in CT for the time being I really like the exp there at 20-30+
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Not sure what you mean but there's a soulbinder in that LDoN camp. Can evil races not use it?
  9. Baldur Augur

The souldbinders in LDoN camps don't show up until LDoN releases on the server. The OP doesn't say, but I'm assuming he's on Agnarr.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

You can still be bound at the camp
  11. Amoeba Augur

Places I like: Unrest (go inside the house), HHP/HHK, Upper Guk.

From there, I go where ever I get invited. I should try other places out I never actually went to for xp.
  12. Aenoan Augur

Can you bind at the camp as a melee without the Soulbinder? Cause with the exception of the one in Sro, the rest are removed.
  13. Phantom Ghost Augur

Lets just set this straight. Its HK there is HHK no HPK. NOBODY uses the HigHKeep.

There is a HPH. Can't tell if we're talking classic highkeep and highpass hold or some zone from expansion 15 through 30.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Last night I logged in for a few minutes and had a classic "Classic EQ" moment. I was camped out at the entrance to Mistmoore after running over there the other day. Lesser Faydark always seems so harmless and serene. I lazily wandered my way back to the Greater Faydark zone line, checking out camps and whatever I saw along the way. At one point I hit the North wall, and suddenly flashed back to death by bixie from the old days. I laughed and thought, "wouldn't that be funny."

As I followed the North wall East to the zone connection, there it was, a bixie, waiting to kill me. I tried to go around but it had already seen me. Dotted, and rooted shortly thereafter, it beat me to a very dead pulp. I lost level 17 (nooo, my IVU!), but not by too much. Didn't have time to look for a res, will just get it back in the next group or solo on the way to a new area.

Thanks for the suggestions, that's what I was looking for. Najena is tempting, but I'm a Dwarf Paladin so that could be tricky. Will probably hit Runnyeye first and see if that works out. And then maybe a trip to the frozen lands of Permafrost. But a pit stop in Befallen might not hurt either, or HPH. I guess I'm just going to group everywhere...
  15. Yruc Augur

MM entrance is good around 17-20 to start, also you can do Sol A
  16. Finchy Augur

Unrest - best choice til high 20s if you can hop between groups MR > FP > basement
    Upper Guk - good xp, again will have to move camps as you lvl, and once high 20s can start entry lvl in Lower guk.
    Najena - will get you some levels.
    Lavastorm - spiders, then basaliks. xp was nerfed so it's not overly op anymore, but lvls are to be had.
    runnyeye - maybe been long time since i've been there. can get gear from there as a pally tho...
    splitpaw - isn't that low 20s? should be able to get some lvls there as well.
    High pass Keep - killing goblins in the basement, your a few levels off, but it's REALLY good xp til 30 if your the only group there.
    befallen - i think your at the end of that, may get a few levels out of it, then have to change zones.
    Sol A - i believe you can start a zone line group and crawl up to the first drop off. good place to get to 30s
    MM - i think entrance groups, then crawl as you level. i think this goes to around 30 as well?

that's about all i can think of off the top of my head. regardless, there are a lot of choices around that level, one of the reasons EQ is awesome is you can always try a different place if you get bored of another.
  17. Fluid Augur

IMNSHO: The ~average player is like a pig passing through a snake. The 'I wanna be 1st at everything' already went through and now bulk of user base is camping the best spots. Even the outdoor zones like SK have the Aviaks camped every time I pass through. lots of oddities that make me go huh<?> All the instanced zones in low level dungeons seem to have level 30+ characters in them farming or leveling other peoples' ALTs.

Level 17 Druid? East Karana is the place for you. Hunt spiders and everything else in the zone. Last time I checked, spider silk was selling @ the Tunnel for ~2pp per piece, not stack.

More IMNSHO leveling can end up depending on spawn rate. i.e. If you are camping Elite ridge in BB, you got two Elites and a regular gnoll every 6 minutes. Divide that 3 or 4 ways and you are better off hunting the surface. Typically surface experience is ~.5 for a light blue, 1 for a blue 2-3 for a white, 2-4 for a yellow, and up to 6 for a red that you actually kill. With mana regeneration what it is, you can kill ~30 MOBs and hour. Shouldn't take you more then a couple of/3 hours game play to get your /surname in EK and a 100 pp in spider silk.

If you don't have it yet, get a Serpentine Bracer as soon as you have ~40 pp. MUCH MUCH more useful then camping Testament of Vaneer. You will still be using it at level 50. I also love Bear Hide Boots because they make your SoW last ~41 minutes. What you don't spend rebuffing goes into the mana pool for leveling. There are a few other necessities for a Druid but it will depend on play style a bit. I like anything that gives extended range and casting speed: For those times when a MOB can close with you before your short range/long cast delays spells goes off.

I hope you can see what I am saying. I'm not trying to discourage grouping or dungeon, just that they are probably more trouble then they are worth at the moment. You'll be level 20 in 3 to 4 hours so you may not want to go into the dungeons to save yourself 10-20 minutes of play time to do the leveling.

Also one of the things people seem to forget is everyone can kite if they are with a Druid, Shaman, or Bard. Invite an Enchanter to go with you so they can stack Tash and Choke on the MOB. Ditto for a Necromancer or any character with Root. It gives you the option of meditating vs. kiting.
  18. Bailen Augur

A little off topic, but I hope they do the same to Paludal Caverns when Luclin is released. When one zone is vastly OP like that one is, everyone tends to ignore everything else. Especially now that we have picks, so many instances of the zone can be created.
  19. Finchy Augur

well as phinny launched DBG made an adjustment to exp in a number of zones. They went back and removed a lot of old Zone experience modifiers that were left in the game for a very long time. Lavastorm and burning woods were the 2 that impacted my lvling patterns. not sure what other zones were hit.

PC as far as i know still has the dungeon ZEM on it, which still makes it an ideal place to level. Nice thing is, it doesn't release until Luclin, and if by chance a lot of people roll new toons, BLs, there will be pick zones available to spread people out.
    Bailen likes this.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I ran over to the Commonlands and soloed back to 17 on a few Kodiak bears and ghouls. Checked Befallen, 9 people, some 30's and a 50 in that count. Befallen was always weird, and it looked that way again, so I left. Ran over to HPH, orc's were yellow, there was a group killing them this time. Did some /who's, I think there was a group in HK too, didn't run all the way in to check since there were still some orc's up.

Was out of time, so I'll check Runnyeye next time I login. Going to group somewhere out here, even if I have to build a group myself.