Dumb Idea! A Returning Players Catch-Up/Progression Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BlueberryWerewolf, Jun 18, 2019.

1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

What about a Selo's-style server that is content locked for characters instead of server-wide that progresses from TSS up to current content and allows character transfer to a Live server once the character is caught up to Live?

Make the unlocking process reasonable. Don't require players to raid every expansion for the last 10 years, but find some way to make the progression work. Hero's Journey is neat and all but there are some serious bottle necks in the 40s and 50s between Stone Hive and Goru'Kar Mesa that are complete nonsense if the intent is giving players a path up to the current/end game (I'm looking at you, Dorina's/Ciodaru's quests! Who came up with these and how do they sleep at night?). Seriously trimming the Journey down to a handful of progression quests that will lead a player through the content would be a boon I think.

I can already see flaws in the plan, maybe it can be tweaked to a workable solution for returning players/new players instead of just dumping them in the middle of 20 years of content with little-to-no direction on a server that has potentially no population for them to meaningfully interact with? Maybe don't require an All Access sub until level (throwing out a number) 85?

We could keep recycling the Classic experience for a handful of genuine players and a handful of Krono farmers, but maybe resources could be spent figuring out a way to entice people to play the game who don't want that and want to play the current game?
  2. suineg Lorekeeper

3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Oh. Okay.

*packs up bags and shuffles off*
    Thalliius likes this.