Dual wielding seems to lack substance.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Izzard of Bertox, May 30, 2019.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Unfortunately I did not hold onto my logs. In my very short parses in the original post, there were no backstabs without a 1HP. Of note, I used a yellow con dummy to prevent assassinate triggers and simulate the level of MOBs I routinely fight.

Without throwing out specific numbers, Normal Piercing damage ranges from 5% to 45% of all DPS output for a non tanking rogue. So your point is very well taken!!
  2. Ghubuk Augur

The difference would be far less noticeable for a rogue than any other dual wield class due to backstab making up such a large portion of their dps.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Looking at your numbers and I see 96k dps listed for dual weilding, 71.2k dps for main hand only and 19.2k dps for off hand only. However if you add up the main/off hand only parses it comes up to only 90.4k dps which means it looks like you lost an additional 5.6k dps for only using a single weapon.
  4. Brohg Augur

That you didn't notice a difference doesn't make that difference insignificant. It just means your perception was off. That you then quantified that difference to be 36% was a good first step in checking that your perception was off, but then you doubled down, calling what you then knew to be a huge difference "insignificant" again, because it didn't match your wrong expectation that it should be 50% instead.

You should believe your own numbers, man.
  5. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Aaaahh I get what you are saying. If Backstab damage is 50% of your total damage, then a 60/40 split of the remaining DPS (Primary/Secondary), is the normal expectation. When the MOBS die fast, 20% of the total damage will be hard to notice.

I yield to your level headed reasoning and apologize for my abrasiveness.
    Brohg likes this.
  6. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Its just variance and random divergence. I think the Gap would close as the parse goes longer.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

An almost 6k dps variance after 15 minutes? That doesn't seem right as when I parse the dps becomes stable long before that. That missing damage is almost 6% of the dual wield total so it is not insignificant.
  8. Brohg Augur

Does Lethality fade in the guild hall? that's a main hand proc that boost overall (including offhand) dps. Not having it would easily explain the gap
  9. Beergoggles Elder

Why do that? Just turn off autoskill on backstab so you get numbers as accurate as possible using the weapons you normally use. That way different ratio weapons don't become an issue etc.
  10. DaciksBB Augur

the original post just had total dps numbers, no breakdown. so the primary/secondary and primary only parses were scewed. the purpose of my parse was to see how primary and offhand compared (actually the original purpose was to compare min/max hits)
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

The parse was just fine for the question asked. OP was concerned that accidentally forgetting to equip an offhand dagger was not noticed even after an hour of killing.

Total DPS output was the concern.
  12. Poyzen Frawg Augur

P.S. the loss of stats from the second dagger could lead the primary dagger to loose DPS as well.