Dual wielding seems to lack substance.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Izzard of Bertox, May 30, 2019.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Few days ago I went "Molo"ing in GMM with a Trophy in my offhand (accident). I didn't even notice the loss of DPS until an hour or so in. I was disappointed in myself for being so dumb but also curious as to why I didn't notice. I took to the Combat dummy and this was the result.
    Me: 110 Rogue, All AAs, No buffs or tribute at all.
    HDEX: +1900, HSTR +1650,
    Equipment: ROS/TBL Raid (about 50/50 each)
    Opponent: Combat dummy Ena, level 112.
    My position: Rear.
    Auto Backstab on.
    162% Haste (No idea how heh)
    15min per fight.
    (1) Duel Wielding Auto attack on Nothing else: 96K DPS
    (2) Primary hand dagger only (Trophy in offhand): 71.2K DPS.
    (3) Secondary Hand Dagger only (Trophy in Main Hand): 19.2K DPS
    (4) Just for Fun 2H Jeweled Hoarded Workers Sledge 30.1K DPS
    Keep in mind this isn't just a possible Parser issue .. I did not notice I even had a trophy in my offhand for an hour!
    Thoughts?
  2. DeseanJackson Augur

That’s basically a 26% increase in DPS. That’s pretty huge considering it’s a second weapon, not the primary. I’m more surprised you didn’t notice the mobs dying slower.
    Daedly likes this.
  3. Daedly Augur

I am confused. Did you post that information to prove that off hand DPS doesn't matter? Or did you post it to prove that you were wrong?.....
  4. kyong Augur

I think he's trying to get the point across that the secondary weapon should be more than 26% or whatever. In the day and age where 2h is hitting 500-600dmg weapons (yay ripostes?) and all that stuff us dual wielders are kind of missing out on some things. Offhand mass flurries that sort of thing. Even the offhand proc rate blows. In the same spirit how long now have monks been cookie cutter 2hb users?
    Poyzen Frawg likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

I hate when canards like this come up. They've been "cookie cutter" 2hb users for exactly the time since they stopped being COOKIE CUTTER h2h users
  6. kyong Augur

Hey I also remember using 1hb on my monk! Wasn't always cookie cutter h2h :) just like I remember 1hb and 1hs on my rogue until pinpoint deficiencies took away those for the min maxers.
  7. Brohg Augur

hopefully that was like 200...8? differential AA support made 1hb weapons objectively incorrect for monk use for most of a decade before 2hb retook (in CotF) the premier spot. To the degree that group-drop martials out damaged raid drop clubs.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

A 26% increase in DPS with a second weapon does not come close to the 200% increase we parse when other dual weapon wielders use a 2Her. Or maybe this is your attempt at preserving the broken DPS output of your 2H army?
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Good point here but if he was fighting blue con MOBs, 26% is probably only 10 seconds. Another way to look at this is that Main hand damage is 300% more than offhand damage. Go ahead and fight a blue con combat dummy without your main hand weapon and see the drastic reduction.
  10. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Give rouges a Two hand piercer and then watch all the crybabies come out of the woodwork
  11. Thrillho Augur

Been there, done that. Still less embarrassing than still having the OT hammer equipped and porting right when you engage a mob though!
    code-zero and forbes77 like this.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Something is wrong. Pfft, this might be what is wrong, at some technical level, with my rogue that sits with near max AA and ROS raid equipment unsubbed because it no longer wins a dps seat in my box group.
  13. p2aa Augur

Oh no, is that another "rogue DPS sucks" thread ?
    Rogues atm are 2nd best DPS after zerkers.
  14. Daedly Augur

What 2H army do I have? And what does 2H damage have to do with the original post in the first place? With the exception of him mentioning his damage outputs he got with a 2her, the original post drew no comparison to other classes and/or their use of 2her's. Unless I missed it. In which case, please quote that part for me.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Imagine the backstabs!
    [IMG]

OP: Go grab two swords IRL, attack a tree for a minute, then use one of them one-handed and cut up a different tree for a minute. 26% is a generous amount of damage increase from dual-wielding.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

Equipping rogue with a giantass 2h weapon is, like, THE way to go in steam.com/rogue_fable_iii it's fabulous :p
  17. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Woah woah woah ...slow down there everybody. Unless you are SK swarm killing AND I'm letting the SK get the kill shot for mortal re-coil, you will NOT out DPS me. :) … and in group content /vs/ lvl 109 and lower humanoids, the zerker can sit and take notes.

I realize that in real life a battle axe will take a tree down way better than a par of Ginsu knives. My point is that I DO think off hand weapons should add enough DPS to matter more than putting on a shield.

I would love a 2H piercer. :)
  18. Brohg Augur

a 35% gain in dps is very large. Your perception of the difference is poor. Your expectations are off and your analysis is bad
  19. DaciksBB Augur

OP, just out of curiosity, how much of that dps was from backstab? Backstab doesn't fire if you don't have a piercer in primary so that might scew the dps vs primary auto attack a bit. A while back, I decided to see how my primary vs offhand dps compared for fun
    [IMG]
    Both were the RoS monk/beast 1 handers unaugged (185/18), no burns running, don't think I had Zan Fi clicked
  20. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I expect to notice a difference when my second hand dagger is not equipped. If this expectation and analysis is "off" then you and I are just going to have to disagree on that.

Besides just purely disagreeing with me do you have anything constructive to add or will you just troll every Mele post anyone makes like you usually do?