Druid swarming kiting

Discussion in 'Priests' started by fransisco, Mar 19, 2014.

1. fransisco Augur

Ignore the title.
    Do druids still quad kite? Or is it best to charm it instead?
  2. Tarrin Augur

From 95+ when I solo I do nothing but quad kiting.

I tend to gather about 10-15 mobs ideally (sometimes get more due to roamers) and quad em down. As mobs die I tag more to keep myself at the 10-15 range.
  3. fransisco Augur

2 questions Tarrin.
    1. Which spells do you use?
    2. What about 90-95?

Thanks
  4. malibu66 Elder

Level 96, Helical Fire
    Level 97, Frosthowl Chill
    Level 91, Helical Flare
    Level 92, Lunar Chill

Possibly, to fill in if missing any of those: Level 91 Crashing Hail, Level 96 Hailstorm.

Before quadding (Quinting), I used to reverse charm in Al'kabor
  5. fransisco Augur

Thanks for that.
    I was just looking at those spells on allakazam and noticed something odd.
    For the 96-100 spells, aside from the stun, the single target nukes all did around 9k. Not only is that about 1/3 of a wizard or mage, its less than druid AEs. Is allakazam correct or did I miss something?
  6. Tarrin Augur

From 90-95 I typically reverse charm kited in al'kabors, as was mentioned earlier.

All rank 1s.
    Quad spells :
    Heliacal Flare - 8195
    Lunar Chill - 8047
    Heliacal Fire - 9939
    Frosthowl Chill - 9759

Nukes I typically use:
    Katabatic Roar - 15109
    Roar of Kolas - 12458
    Remote Sunfire - 9316 (heal on TT)
    Hailstorm - 6686x3 (assuming it only hits 1 target)
    Summer Suncrest - 8891
    Storm Strike (AA nuke) - 23500+11000 (if target above 75%)
    Pelrond and malibu66 like this.
  7. malibu66 Elder

What single target Nuke?

Our single target Magic Nukes (Katabolic Roar) is our big nuke if you get magic resist debuffed - base damage 15k+. And don't forget the Stormstrike AA - that little gem will crit 127k.

Our Remote line has a heal recourse, and is probably our best single target nuke (PLEASE unlink the Sunfire/Moonfire timer).

Our single target pure fire/cold is weak, Summer's Suncrest and Gelid Crystals.

The Winter's Wildfire line is junk since the nerf to recast delay (will never forgive SOE devs for that ...).

So yes, our single target pure fire/cold damage nukes are very weak, but out magic nukes are OK if you land them and the Remote line is pretty awesome. Line up Remote Sunfire, both magic nukes, throw in Nature's Withering Wrath Dot, and Suncrest - and you can do reasonable burst DPS.

Edit: Oh yes, use Hailstorm instead of NWW on single targets if you can get away with AE rain. I find that isn't all that common, though.
  8. fransisco Augur

<-- writes all this down.

What about for debuffing. Which spells or AA clicks do you use combine normally? For either normal mobs or named/raids?
  9. fransisco Augur

I was adding up what can be debuffed. At 90 I came to 177ac, 342 att, and 133 fire resist.
    While i know 133 FR can be alot, does anyone know how much of a difference the ac and attack debuffing makes?
  10. Tarrin Augur

For group content all I ever do is Blessing of Ro AA.

For raiding:
    There is Skin to X line. Makes em a plant and increased fire damage.
    Blessing of Ro
    X Frost line. Cold, lowers attack and armor. Reflects heal.
    X Breath line. Cold, lowers cold resistance and armor class, increases cold damage. Reflects a heal.
    X Moonbeam line. Cold dot, lowers armor class, cold resistance, increases cold damage. Lasts 1 minute.
    Incinerating X line. Fire dot, lowers fire resistance and armor class. Lasts 1 minute.

These are the ones I typically make sure are on a raid mob, only using the 2 dots in a burn situation.
    moogs likes this.
  11. malibu66 Elder

When swarming I may pull with Seeds - that's a nice little damage mod for fire spells. For me, keeping mobs debuffed during the kite is too much of a pain.

If I'm moloing mobs that summon, I'll try and get Lustrous and Fixation+Blessing of Ro on the mob and Reptile on me.

For grouping - meh, I've never thought it a huge deal. Lustrous and Fixation+Blessing of Ro don't take too long and may help if you have marginal tank. Most group mobs are 50% dead before you can finish casting those, though.

For raiding, you and other Druid's in raid will want to coordinate all debuffs and dots when you can. Fixation of Ro and Blessing of Ro AA's (not spells) are stackable IF you cast them in order. Once Blessing lands, you can't get Fixation on. This pretty much makes our fire debuff spells (Clutch line) useless. Pillars of Ro may be handy if in big AE fight.
  12. malibu66 Elder

Oh - I almost forgot, for raid mobs. Seeds will block Shaman Feralize, but will stack if Feralize lands first. So you may want to coordinate with Shammies for that. You can make an audio trigger that goes off when Feralize lands. Once Seeds lands, though, Feralize will never land on that mob again, even after Seeds wears off.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Taken from a thread on page 3:

Moklianne and Pelrond like this.
  14. Moklianne Augur

I wish we could sticky threads like this.
  15. Crystilla Augur

Moklianne, I'm with you. The closest you can probably come is refer folks to THIS thread to get the links.

Almost a year ago I started the thread with links to great posts I saw here that I didn't want to loose.
    (If anyone sees something that should also be added to this thread, PM me with the link.)
    Moklianne likes this.
  16. Forrestwalker New Member

Crystilla, I just checked out that link to the other threads, thanks. I'm a returning player to EQ as my lvl 65 Druid.

I found a thread that I couldn't respond to there about leveling up at lvl 65 so I thought to ask here.. I've been hanging out in Plane of Storms but I was wondering where else to go. Also, I learned that my charm spell doesn't work there. Just curious about life now days as a druid.
  17. Tarrin Augur

For PoStorms, are you trying to charm the frogs in particular?

Here is a reference link for soloing as a druid:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/druids-charming-and-quadding.196569/
  18. Forrestwalker New Member

Tarrin,
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, the small frogs at the entrance. I have only ever singled or quad killed them but I read about people charming in PoS and thought it was the frogs. I haven't tried any other mobs there yet. Suggestions? Also, I only have up to Tunare's Request I believe. I do have Dire charm AA. Thanks for the link BTW.
  19. Tarrin Augur

You will need the spell "Command of Tunare". It is the lvl 63 charm. It charms up to lvl 60. It can be purchased from Wanderer Kedrisan in the Plane of Knowledge library. "Tunare's Request" only charms up to level 35. Most frogs, a hurricane loktole and a hurricane lorok, will be level 60 and lower, iirc. The a hurricane nophtan will be 60 or 61.
  20. Forrestwalker New Member

Tarrin, just read the link. That's the page I read about the frogs before I made my original post.