Druid Stuff.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Dec 30, 2013.

1. FawnTemplar Augur

I am sorry that you fee like either a mini-cleric or a mini-wizard, honestly I don't feel that way. I feel completely different from both of the other two priest classes. I don't understand nuking in a raid...maybe it is just the guilds I have been in but druids do not DPS in raids. I heal and I debuff and that is it. The only raid that I DPS in is the second phase of Xorbb 1. So no, I do not understand your other complaints. Honestly I feel like we have the best single target heals, shamans the best group heals and clerics do both really well. I DO feel like we have our own niche. I think that is what people have been trying to tell you here. Again I am sorry that you can not see the inherent and dynamic differences between the druid class and the other priest classes. I get that when you just look at the numbers on spells it seems like there is not much difference but I can tell you from experience that there is a huge difference.

Also there is no reason why 2 spells in the same line of spells should not have the same timer. That is just the way it is. And if I were going to nuke on a raid I would not use a spell line so mana inefficient as the blessing line.
  2. Ultrazen Augur

If you believe those things are worthless, and the other classes are in much better shape, then why aren't you playing those classes? Putting LoL after something I said doesn't make it worthless, it denotes that you are trying to minimize advantages that druids have in order to try and build your case that druids are somehow sub par to the other choices.

Like I said, when I play my shammy or cleric, there are things I miss about my druid, and visa versa. There is no priest class you can play where you are going to be 100% satisfied, because the other ones have very meaningful benefits as well. Given how versatile druids are, and how decent pretty much all aspects of that diversity are, I think it would be very easy to make them the only choice. There has to be some downsides to a class that has so many options, that is the definition of balance.

As far as utility being the most farmed out? Ummm...no, not by a long shot. When they make a merc that can port and evac, then you may have something. Clerics have been largely replaced by mercs for 90% of the game, shaman and druids are still highly valuable to a group and there is no bot you can replace them with. If anyone has a real beef as far as class defining abilities being handed out, it would be clerics.

So...you would trade ports, evacs, DS, insta group invis, for a recovery ability? If that's the case you already have that choice, play one of the other classes, you'll get better healing or haste/slow to boot.

/shrug. I play all 3 priest classes on a regular basis, it's hard for me to pick any one of them as a favorite, they all have really strong positive and negative. Out of all of them, exodus has actually saved more bacon than any other skill. I also find my druid the most "fun" to play, because it's not as one dimensional as my cleric, and I'd rather have the ports and evacs for 99% of the content than I would the slow/haste from my shammy, especially since I have another class that brings more to the table along with haste and slow.
    Dandin likes this.
  3. malibu66 Elder

Pity, you would fail to employ the one discriminating factor Druid's have from the other Priests.

What would those be?
    tinywolf1 likes this.
  4. Nyemahame New Member

Yes but Shaman's have Canni spell, canni AA, and use HP as mana AA, the mana cost for shaman's is irrelevant.
  5. Nyemahame New Member

Here's an idea that is already a part of the game in a sense, SK's get an ability (AA) that reduces their DPS to increase their tanking abilities. Druids have a similar clicky effect on their ROF chest piece. Convert this ability to an AA with longer duration at greatly amplifies either their healing abilities or DPS or even survivability for 15 to 30 minutes. Yes I know we have Nature's fury /blessings but this method would reduce one to greatly enhance the other, oh and make them stack therefore we have the ability for maybe 5-10 minutes to out heal clerics, out DPS wizards, or out survive warriors. Or a new line of fundament AA's

I.E.
    Blessings of Nature:
    Increase Healing by 55%
    Decrease Damage 75%
    Spell Cast overhaste
    Duration 15 minutes

Fury of Nature
    Increase Damage by 100%
    Decrease Healing 50%
    Spell Cast overhaste
    Duration 15 minutes

Nature's Stability ( Targetable Tree Form)
    Mitigate Damage by 100% fade over time
    Illusion Tree (type)
    Root (self) (immune to Knockback effects)
    Decrease Healing 25%
    Decrease Damage 75%
    Duration 1.5 minutes
    guado likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is wrong on several levels. First you are making the assumption that Shaman healing spells have their mana balanced just around the mana regen abilities that they get and not including the balance issues between all 3 priest classes. Second you are ignoring the mana preservation and mana recovery that Druids get which help manage mana just like Shaman can with the canni line of spells/buffs.
  7. malibu66 Elder

I don't even know what this means.

While I don't disagree that mana preservation and mana generation are comparable most of the time, the point of the post is getting mana back after being killed in a raid, not steady state healing.
    Personally - I don't care, I kind of like sitting in the GH pool for 5-10 minutes during smurf raids where I am dieing anyway. And I certainly wouldn't trade my Druid for a Shaman or Cleric; I never wanted to be a main healer in the first place! The only reason I respond to threads like this are to object to stupid old myths like "Oh - Druids are so much better at single target heals than Shaman ..." or "Man, I see Druids nuking for 100k DPS all the time ..."
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What is confusing about Cleric/Druid/Shaman healing spells all being balanced around each other?

As for wanting to get mana back that does not excuse the fact that only parts of the spells where compared when the entire picture needs to be looked at.
  9. wants New Member

At the high end of druid life, I find that the idea that when you die you are useless is a myth. For raid content I am mostly spam healing tanks and such, well I have died in some of the CoTF and ROF raids at the beginning of the fight and been able to heal throughout the fight, by quickly using proper clickies and self buffs. Yes it would be nice to have a little of this and a little of that, but there are ways to use AA, clickies, (even potions) to get mana regen to what is needed to be able to heal constantly quite quickly. Yes if you are having to do constant group heals and emergency speed heals you can still run out of mana but if you know how to recuperate and gain mana over time, it can work well.

Now yes, you do need to have the right clickies, AAs, and certain augs/weapons that help you gain back the mana, and certainly it wouldn't be a game changer to have a 15 min reuse 10k mana AA just to get you going, but again if druids got too much then the other priests would complain.

It is more about learning some of the nuances of what truly makes you a good healer, rather then what seems to be the best gear.
    Perplexed likes this.
  10. porky Augur

That's all he and the rest of us have been asking for. Something to put us(help put us)back into the game after a death on raid... Its so frustrating to get rezzed back into an AE raid just to watch your group die and be able to do nothing about it.

Idk why shaman are posting against this, its nonsense. They don't care about mana due to their canni abilities, they have no ability to empathize with us or the casters we watch die. With the Miracle line clerics are starting to lose their ability to empathize as well. Putting in a rez recovery tool for druids isn't just good for druids, its good for the game. They can make whatever sense lore wise about it they want, i don't care. As for class-balance: every other class has a rez-recovery tool but us, shut it with the reprisals.

From my shaman alts point of view: If I were a shaman class representative, I would(and you have) asked for a shorter cast time/longer duration on your leopard line. Or to turn it into an aura like ability like our MR-type auras. I support this. Its a great idea, and good for the game! Any druids who played back when our nukes had casting times of 7 to 9 seconds would support this as well. Its stupid for a shaman to spend so much time in raid recasting that one spell, and it would free them up to do more healing/DPS. If you want to go complain on something that needs fixed complain about that. We wont hop on your threads and bicker and moan that short duration/long casting time lynx makes up for other "over-powered" aspects of your class.

Well at least I wont. /rant off
  11. Noken_Xeg Journeyman

Define too much? Like getting targetable instant mana recovery with no history of it? See clerics. Like getting a rain heal with no history of it? See Shaman. No comment should be necessary here, so enjoy the weekend.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Shaman are not against druids getting any new forms of mana regen, however we are against druids trying to get new abilities based on only portions of our abilities. If you want to make a comparison between a shaman and similar druid ability make sure you compare all of the parts including the extra costs that are paid not just the parts that look good to compare.

Also there are druids out there that think druid mana regen is fine and nothing new is needed so don't try and blame shaman for opposing this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I really wanted to avoid this thread. But people like you are hilarious.

You go from one thread where you are putting forth ideas for Shamans to make the jump from never having an IVU period..to suddenly having the best invis in the game ( invis/ivu combo )...personal evacs, bind points, etc..and you have an issue with Druids wanting spells/aas because we aren't comparing all the parts of a spell you feel we should?

The whole point of the comparison is to show that shaman and druid healing per second is not off as much as it generally accepted. A new spell was never asked for. Merely unlocking 2 spells, to finally give druids a unique way to heal was asked for. Please stop playing the "more mana" card. Show me 1 shaman who ever complains about mana. It doesn't exist. That argument is invalid.

You have no room to talk for any class to be asking for any spell/aa ever, regardless of what the AA or spell is. So, as the Shaman told me in the other thread, if you aren't a druid you should not be in this thread. Right?

That is what shamans feel about any druid who was disagreeing with them to any degree in the other thread. Take your own fellow shaman's advice.

Any druid who feels we are just fine after a rez, and we merely have to use our clickies/AAs properly, please enlighten the world with what clickies you use to not be the only healer who can not get right back into the fight after a rez. They can only be items gotten through Everquest. LoN potions and the Kiss of E Marr do not count. Only personal abilities count. Asking others for help, is not acceptable.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

1. I didn't propose that idea or any of the other ones in that thread all I did was pass on the ideas without passing my judgment on them.
    2. If you are going to compare spells compare the entire spell including all the costs and downsides not just the good parts that makes it look better for what you are looking for.
    3. If shaman spells, or more correctly parts of shaman spells, had not been brought into the thread then I would not have posted.
    4. Again if you don't want another class to post in a thread then don't bring up their abilities or parts of their abilities in an attempt to get more stuff for yourself.
    5. Take that up with other druids and don't take it out on other classes.
  15. Tarrin Augur

When I see you sit back and you are ok with off the wall suggestions for your own class, but then jump all over another thread that while you allegedly don't have an issue with it..but don't like the presentation..it seems a bit daft.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a difference between an off the wall suggestion for a class and a suggestion for a class based on partial information that only supports the claim.
  17. Noken_Xeg Journeyman

20% of the posts in this thread are yours Waring and they all say the same thing.

Soon as we find out who the new lead community relations is I think a top priority should be reverting these forums back to class-only.
    Moklianne likes this.
  18. Astran Elder

From a cursory glance, this has been brought up from time to time, but perhaps not recently. I'd like to see cleric mercs be able to cast Ward of the Reverent so that druid skin becomes desirable again outside of raids.
  19. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I wasn't aware Druid = Shaman. Pay attention to your own class, because obviously you have no idea what a Druid is or what their shortcomings/needs are. You are just here to start arguments and drama from the content of your posts here.

You don't see me whining and stamping my feet in the Shaman threads here. Thanks for your time, have a good day.
  20. noclue Elder

This thread needs to be locked or removed, it's not constructive or instructive. It has degenerated into another rant fest by most posters. It doesn't matter who started it, who threw the first mud pie, it no longer serves any useful purpose.
    Tarrin likes this.